BBC talk to RL MP'S

They will want to

A. Show the casual Southern viewer a flavour of the North

B.Make the Northern viewer feel at home

C.They will remember what a success Eddie Waring was with his colourful authentic Northern humour and how he became a National Treasure.

D. Recognise than an urbane,intelligent sounding professional broadcaster will not tick the above boxes.

That leaves......

Mick Morgan as the only viable candidate

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Love this paragraph. It could have been written by 90% of the posters on here.

"Specific complaints were raised during the meeting which focused on missing coverage of major national rugby league events in news broadcasts across the corporation, the use of “rugby” when they mean rugby union and the attitude of presenters on flagship radio programme Today".

Great news. Who would be your pick for dedicated RL correspondent?

As its stands today i would guess it would be between George Rliey. Martin Offiah, and Dave Hadfield and Tulsen Tollett, but in no particular order

If they retired now i would put John Wilkin and Eorl Crabtree into the mix.

Who ever gets the job must have a clear accent that is understood by all the country, and have some sort of Rugby League background.

Except the numbers that watch Rugby (i.e. physically go to a match) are less than watch Championship Football, and the numbers that take part are considerably fewer than those who like to go fishing.

BBC Fishing Correspondent anyone?

The BBC's coverage has steadily improved in recent years and for me the actual match day coverage is now clearly ahead of Sky. Great to see the all party group now getting support for a further push outside of BBC Sport with a dedicated corespondent. We keep pushing in the right direction ......

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Archived