Fight for survive ?

andyram

DR isn't the answer. We have a good enough squad and team to stay up. We should realistically pushing for 4th to 7th position, not relagation. Our budget is the 7th highest in league( behind Bulls Leigh eagles London fax and Fev) so 7th is about where we should finish. Anything below we've under achieved badly. We can turn it around but certain players attitudes need to change in defence. Defence will win is games. We know we can score

Attitude is a big issue I would agree but you need to look a little deeper than that. I have said before that its is easy to look at who missed the last tackle and put the blame on them. RL is a complex sport, however, where the overall team effort and impact plays the major part, not sparks of individual brilliance nor spells of incompetence. My contention was and is that we have a weak and soft pack of forwards compared with most other teams in this division. In amongst them are those with poor tackling techniques, those who simply aren't big enough for the Championship and those who have become too old; there are also one or two who are good but let down by their colleagues. At the start of the season we were led to believe that we had the best group of forwards for many a year but that was clearly a misconception and we are now paying the price.

Packs win you games, purely and simple - I was no lover of Warren's approach to the game but this was one element that he understood fundamentally. This where we need reinforcements - other clubs seem to acquire them so why can't we?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whatever it may look like we need an injection of optimism ... and we won't get it against Wigan!!

I don't agree with DR so would never suggest it ....   I don't really like short term loans either ...  but if there is a good half back languishing somewhere in 'currently not in favour land ' who needs some exposure .... it could be of mutual benefit to come and play for us!!

The fans and the team need something to change .... cos if we continue doing what we are doing we will get more of what we are getting!!  

Also the ongoing Bulls speculation can not be helping ...  So Bulls put up or shut up!! ... they are clearly looking for a more suitable candidate  and would only appoint GM as a last resort!

and finally a message to GM/MS this can't be allowed to fester any longer .... the team is unsettled by the speculation! ... Please give us something to feel optimistic about!!! even if its just GM distancing himself from the Bulls job, or indeed some on this forum would prefer him to  accept it! 

Doing nothing is not an option!!

The team is racing towards relegation.If that happens all the steady progress made on and off the field could be lost.

No second team,most if not all the present first team would go.Mark Sawyer?Who knows.The new housing estate seems to be dragging on.

Having said that you play your best team you can against Wigan.Don't disrespect the challenge cup  or the people paying good money.

Forget 2250 bsj if you play a 'scratch team for understandable reasons.

The pack has definitely been  a big problem. 

Talking about the housing development. They've been at it for about 18 months now, and to be fair, their bit on the other side of the fence is looking tidy. But on our side of the fence, well, it's looking as tatty as ever.I wonder if I'll ever see the clubs proposed developments (training ground, car park, etc) finished in my lifetime. All I'm saying is, my word, this seems to be taking for ever.

Talking about the housing development. They've been at it for about 18 months now, and to be fair, their bit on the other side of the fence is looking tidy. But on our side of the fence, well, it's looking as tatty as ever.I wonder if I'll ever see the clubs proposed developments (training ground, car park, etc) finished in my lifetime. All I'm saying is, my word, this seems to be taking for ever.

I might be wrong but I thought the training pitch/new car park phase of the development was planned for next year,maybe Wilsden Ram can confirme the details.

Think some of the negative comments may be getting alittle too far. Here's a player who may be able to do a job?? Matt Haggerty?? Only played once for Salford. Could put some aggression in to our weak pack?? Personally think Heppys past it. Only Teanby Tonks and Groat who id call championship props in our team. Actually think Haggerty would do a decent job on loan

Think some of the negative comments may be getting alittle too far. Here's a player who may be able to do a job?? Matt Haggerty?? Only played once for Salford. Could put some aggression in to our weak pack?? Personally think Heppys past it. Only Teanby Tonks and Groat who id call championship props in our team. Actually think Haggerty would do a decent job on loan

I may be wrong but I think he's has played some games for North Wales. He hasn't played a Super League game yet. I agree on Heppy, which I don't like saying because he has done well for us.

If we don't start winning and start climbing that table, our best players like Dalton Grant will be out the door and those fickle fans that still want Morrison won't be able to get their head round why? While DR and loanees maybe a short term solution, isn't that the fix we need at the minute?

We are playing players that are unfit and simply not good enough to get us out the rut we are in.

You mean THE Matthew Haggerty ? OUR Matthew Haggerty - The useless penalty machine who could have only tackled a bag of chips if it had a head ? The Haggerty who ran with the ball without purpose, direction or commitment ? The one most of us were delighted to see the back of ? Wonder why he didn't get a game with Saints, and doesn't even carry the water at Salford.  I really do hope you are kidding Chris, because if we ever have to fall back on him then we really are in the dark brown and nitrogenous.  :O

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

You mean THE Matthew Haggerty ? OUR Matthew Haggerty - The useless penalty machine who could have only tackled a bag of chips if it had a head ? The Haggerty who ran with the ball without purpose, direction or commitment ? The one most of us were delighted to see the back of ? Wonder why he didn't get a game with Saints, and doesn't even carry the water at Salford.  I really do hope you are kidding Chris, because if we ever have to fall back on him then we really are in the dark brown and nitrogenous.  :O

Agreed!!! we would be better off bringing back Macca!!   ......  I actually believe our forwards are stronger than last year if we could 

1) Get them fit!

2) Get them on the field consistently!

3) Get them working for each other

4) Oh and a lot of tackling practise 

New Car Park is Scheduled for completion in Late Autumn.

Training Pitch and 5 a Side Pitches - end of 1st Quarter next year.

Present Car Park to remain for this Season.

Best Facilities in Championship one (except Toronto) !!!!!!!!

New Car Park is Scheduled for completion in Late Autumn.

Training Pitch and 5 a Side Pitches - end of 1st Quarter next year.

Present Car Park to remain for this Season.

Best Facilities in Championship one (except Toronto) !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the information,hopefully will still be a championship team,all the off the field work done is Super League standard.

• 3 weeks later...

We are way off, Fax from last year would beat Fax from this year by 40 imo. No disrespect to Fev, Batley, and London but they are way off the quality of the Fax and Sheffield teams from last year that for the most part(Well Fax anyway) competed in the middle 8's.

We are way off, Fax from last year would beat Fax from this year by 40 imo. No disrespect to Fev, Batley, and London but they are way off the quality of the Fax and Sheffield teams from last year that for the most part(Well Fax anyway) competed in the middle 8's.

Think your wrong there oxy. Fev weren't a million miles away from fax in the league last year and we have a much stronger side this year as do Batley. Teams have closed the gapm you had a good run of form towards the end of last season and you are judging your whole season on that. You were mediocre for the first half just like you are this season.Dewsbury have been a strong team for a while I don't think the standard has dropped I think it's levelling out. Any team in this division could be in fourth due to all the close results and narrow victories.i for one think it's a cracking division this year.Im afraid you don't as you want to demolish teams weekly for it to be entertaining. P'S bout time you came back on fev forum as we miss the crack. Or will we see you if you win at the bash. Lol.

Archived