Fight for survive ?

andyram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have so many injuries then why are the likes of the 2 Delaney's/Johnson and Muranka farmed out on loan?

Surely it's better to let these players play rather than risk further injury to other players.

Think Johnson has been released to re join Swinton  after reading this weeks rugby papers , Jason Muranka was injured playing for Newcastle a few weeks ago , again only what I've read in papers . 

If we have so many injuries then why are the likes of the 2 Delaney's/Johnson and Muranka farmed out on loan?

Surely it's better to let these players play rather than risk further injury to other players.

Johnson gone back to swinton(permanently) Muranka came back from Newcastle injured. Also heard that Matt Groat maybe out long term. Can't understand why James Delaney asn't had a chance,what's Ryan Wright done wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I agree. Now, as GOR put it, is time to be getting the heebie-jeebies. Given recent performances it is hard to see where the next win is coming from.

We've had some bad luck with injuries and losing Reynolds but this is where coaching and management plays it's part. Blaming this on running a second team is well wide of the mark, in my opinion. We ran one last year and it didn't seem to do us any harm, did it?

Putting a finger on the real problem is more difficult, even though many people have given their considered opinion as to where it lies. Personally I don't know, but there is clearly something seriously wrong in the playing group. Only one person can sort this out.

We literally cannot afford to be relegated.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Abit like Batley last year, majority of the team are good players, just lacking 2 or 3 quality players. Injuries ain't helped too, players like spicer who help tighten up the defence. I'd say prop is the area we are struggling in... Heppy and Jacko look like it's time to retire. Tonks is over weight though could do a job if fit. Only realy got Teanby and Groat when fit who I'd class as championship standard... Too many players with wrong attitude who ain't good enough. Pryce may of been injured but clearly is attitude towards himself and team isn't great as he's let himself go... Very overweight! Same probably applies to Tonks too but he's a prop not a centre. Not time to get rid of Morro as I wouldn't say the dressing room is lost. Once that's lost as it was under Jowitt and Andy Kelly then it's time for a change. This bunch haven't lost the dressing room yet. IMO

Today's results put us down to 9th, and only above Oldham and Whitehaven on points difference (if my maths are correct)......... lower than eighth at the end of the regular season means we're away for four out of the last seven games and relegation becomes an even more frightening possibility. Two home games against Swinton and Oldham now take on great significance because I don't see where else a win is coming from......maybe Workington away but it's never easy on their patch. Hope I'm wrong :(  

Well we have Whitehaven away, but with hardly any Rams fans, then Fev at home. As they lost to Oldham today surely we should be in with a shout.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Been enjoying my absence but can't resist any longer.

We are going down pure and simple. Now that Oldham and swinton are on a roll we are doomed.

We've been rubbish all year and too many people are in denial. We bought very badly and are paying the price.

Let's be positive though. We can look forward to a few wins and a nice trip to Canada.

We are going down pure and simple. Now that Oldham and swinton are on a roll we are doomed.

We've been rubbish all year and too many people are in denial. We bought very badly and are paying the price.

Let's be positive though. We can look forward to a few wins and a nice trip to Canada.

Trouble is we can't afford to look forward to a few wins if we go down,we would be lucky to get 500 on home games.Hopefully after the Wigan game,money might be available to spend on a quality player if he's worth a gamble.

Whenever we have gone down in past crowds have been generally better in terms of home support due to winning more games. That said we can't afford to get relegated. I just don't believe the times right to sack our coach just yet but if we have not improved in the next few week think Morros time will be up. He as not helped himself one bit. The fans who I've spoke to have not taken the paper interview too well and I'm sure even Mark Sawyer will not be happy deep down. A big few weeks for Morro and the club now. I think it's time to stop using the injuries excuse. Play with what we've got and tackle like rugby players.. Put the effort in and wel get the rewards. We're in a relagation battle. Time to face the facts and not hide from it. Do something about it on the field. Play for the club!!! Don't let the supporters who support you down. Walking through players is embarrassing and totally not on! Certain players want to have a good long hard look at themselves. They are better than some of there showings of late!

Whenever we have gone down in past crowds have been generally better in terms of home support due to winning more games. That said we can't afford to get relegated. I just don't believe the times right to sack our coach just yet but if we have not improved in the next few week think Morros time will be up. He as not helped himself one bit. The fans who I've spoke to have not taken the paper interview too well and I'm sure even Mark Sawyer will not be happy deep down. A big few weeks for Morro and the club now. I think it's time to stop using the injuries excuse. Play with what we've got and tackle like rugby players.. Put the effort in and wel get the rewards. We're in a relagation battle. Time to face the facts and not hide from it. Do something about it on the field. Play for the club!!! Don't let the supporters who support you down. Walking through players is embarrassing and totally not on! Certain players want to have a good long hard look at themselves. They are better than some of there showings of late!

Wonder if Jimmy Lowes will be giving an interview in the Reporter this week, stating his respect for GM, his awareness of our strengths and weaknesses, and how they could be fixed.  :angel:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Good to see you back and in such a cheerful mood Nick.  :tongue:

Things aren't looking good but I don't think that it is time to chuck in the towel just yet. We are badly missing the core of our pack which I believe to be at the root of our problems. And.despite recent results, there are a few wins that we can pick up along the way. Unlike other clubs we haven't yet been panicked into DR - whether this will prove wise or otherwise remains to be seen.

Sadly the Wigan game, which should really be a highlight of the season, will now prove to be a meaningless distraction from the real matches. Lets' get that out of the way then push on from there.

As much as I dislike dual reg, I wish we were ones of those teams that abuse the system right now.

Warrington have a deal with Rochdale, surely they'd like their players playing in a better comp, and a lovely red Amber and black kit. Tom Lineham played for them last week. Imagine!

As much as I dislike dual reg, I wish we were ones of those teams that abuse the system right now.

Warrington have a deal with Rochdale, surely they'd like their players playing in a better comp, and a lovely red Amber and black kit. Tom Lineham played for them last week. Imagine!

Having a reserve team means we don't have to rely on  DR and loans - oh ! hang on ... 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Unlike other clubs we haven't yet been panicked into DR.

I'd love to know which teams have been panicked into DR. Cas, perhaps?

And how you know it's a decision motivated by panic.

Looking forward to enlightenment.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Stop talking rubbish. I don't want dual reg and neither do the majority of our fans. Rather have our reserve lads playing who care! Not 1 game wonderers!

The reserves don't play. So that ones out the window.

The majority of fans are angry and upset about the teams performances, that probably trumps their call for no DR. One game wonders do sound amazing compared to our all season flops.

DR isn't the answer. We have a good enough squad and team to stay up. We should realistically pushing for 4th to 7th position, not relagation. Our budget is the 7th highest in league( behind Bulls Leigh eagles London fax and Fev) so 7th is about where we should finish. Anything below we've under achieved badly. We can turn it around but certain players attitudes need to change in defence. Defence will win is games. We know we can score

I'd love to know which teams have been panicked into DR. Cas, perhaps?

And how you know it's a decision motivated by panic.

Looking forward to enlightenment.

Didn't even need bait on that one did I SJS? I am surprised by which fish I caught, however.

Archived