Match Thread. Whitehaven v Featherstone Rovers Saturday 7th May 2016

Well i went

Thought we played well in patches especially in the second half and in the end got the job done but we have defended and played better than that

The kicking was a factor in the win - Foster 8/8 from all over the pitch whereas their bloke was 1/5 as well as not finding touch with pens, kicking out on full, kicking drop outs out on the full - no inconsistencies like that from our kickers

The other factor was ultimately the fitness, Haven were shot after 70 mins whereas we seemed to motor up another gear in the last few mins and our pack especially roche were skittling haven players all over the rec!

However 5 tries conceded was disappointing as was the amount of chances haven created - they mustve blown 3 chances including a disputed disallowed try for running ball into touch at 26-18 which looked a stonewall try to me, however it was the only thing the ref gave us in the second half as precious little was given to us thereafter!

Haven also seemed to break through at times with ease, not what we have been used to seeing this year

Still we got it done which is the most important thing and we moved into the top 4

Like i said thought Roche played well tonight as did Misi, though he tailed off in the second half and I thought when Abdull moved to 9 he looked a far more serious threat than when he was at 6

It was also a bonus to see some injured bodies back in the team, just at the right time with London next week

Tryscorers were - Misi (3) Thackeray (2) Johnson Roche

We have had to chop and change recently because of our injury problems.It will be interesting for the rest of the season if we can keep a settled side together,I am sure the defense will improve.Haven have been playing better the last few weeks and i can see them beating the odd more fancied team at the Rec.

Does anyone from your lot want to email the BBC, as they haven't updated the Championship table to include your win at the weekend?

I don't think news of Rovers '83 cup triumph has filtered its way to the clowns at the BBC yet so you're asking for a lot there !!......

Seriously though - there were no score updates during Saturday's game either. Its as if the game never took place.  (By the time I see an updated table we'll probably be out of the top 4 again).

The BBC don't seem to recognize that there is a game outside of Super League.  Even for the Challenge Cup games they never cover games involving non-SL teams.

I recommend downloading an app called "Flashscore"

They provide up to date scorelines from all pro RL leagues

Dont waste your time with BBC or sky sports - theyve been terrible for years

Flash score is great. It even shows what minute the game is at though it sometimes doesn't take into account of injuries so it lags behind on occasions. But this too did not update the score until the match had finished on Saturday. I hate listening to commentaries. Every time my computer allowed me to listen to the video link Whitehaven were crossing for another try. My tablet was hurled into the waste bin a couple of times lol. The BBC are ######.

Archived