Hull FC sign Jake Conner from Giants for 2017

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull then will either have to pay through the nose for signing him or pay through the nose for legal fees against a young player

Connor has been an idiot, but Hull are being silly buggers now

Hull then will either have to pay through the nose for signing him or pay through the nose for legal fees against a young player

Why are Hull being silly buggers if he's had a medical and signed a contract ? They've done nothing wrong just stating the facts.

That's a ridiculous view, hull have signed a player to a contract and expect him to fulfill it. Only one club are playing silly buggers in trying to get him to break a contract.

Wasn't it only a week ago Hull swore he hadn't signed a contract?

Option a - he has and so hull fc owe the giants a hefty transfer fee

Option b - he hasn't and so can change his mind

In either case hull can't make him play and don't have his registration

Wasn't it only a week ago Hull swore he hadn't signed a contract?

Option a - he has and so hull fc owe the giants a hefty transfer fee

Option b - he hasn't and so can change his mind

In either case hull can't make him play and don't have his registration

Hull have registered him with the RFL for two seasons

I'm pretty sure a week is long enough to get a contract signed. Do you have a link to hull saying that.

Was he a free agent when hull signed him? How would today's news change that?

I'm pretty sure if the rfl have ratified the contract then that means hull will have his registration from the commencement of said contract.

As for they can't make him play, seriously?

Hull seem very sure that they have gone through the correct process and involved the RFL - who are mentioned in their press release - and also reiterated its a legally binding contract. If this is right, they will pay nothing other than what the contract says, so their not being 'silly'.

Has Connor said anything on media?

I can't see any point in playing games or taking legal recourse if he doesn't want to come.

I'm pretty sure a week is long enough to get a contract signed. Do you have a link to hull saying that.

Was he a free agent when hull signed him? How would today's news change that?

I'm pretty sure if the rfl have ratified the contract then that means hull will have his registration from the commencement of said contract.

As for they can't make him play, seriously?

http://www.hullfc.com/news/2016-07-05-hull-fc-confirm-position-on-jake-connor

There you go

Seems Hull, rather shrewdly, haven't actually signed Jake Connor yet.

The agreement is that Hull will sign Connor at the end of the season following his 22nd birthday, as long as he passes a medical. That way they reckon they'll avoid having to pay a transfer fee, although the Hudds Chief Exec reckons...

"This move is likely to cost Hull FC in excess of six figures" :ohmy:

Would that make Jake the first ever £1 million pound RL player? :huh:

Article here.

Had to check this, the first line is key

And that matters how?

Read the article in the link too, the implication was he won't have actually signed until he is 22

"Wasn't it only a week ago Hull swore he hadn't signed a contract"

Erm, hull release says he had a medical and signed a contract last week, so yeah, that.

They were not actually signing him until he turned 22

Which is October

So either they were telling porkies on the 20th or they are now

Personally I'm just going to see how it ends, the giants obviously don't think it's a done deal - and of he has already signed, they are owed a signing fee

Whatever Hull have done, it has been ratified and cleared by the RL!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Why would they publish it, otherwise? Not as if it said 'insider says'.

None story for me. If he wants to stay at Hudds, he should stay. No loss.

My feelings also.

If there is any credibility in the Yorkshire Post story, then Hull could pursue legal action but it wouldn't do the game of RL much good.

If Hull FC publish that everything they've done has been ratified by the RFL, they're going to look rather foolish if the RFL turn round and deny it.

If Jake Connor has suddenly decided he doesn't want to play for Hull FC, then I see no point in them trying to make him do so by legal threats.

If, as it seems, Jake Connor is the problem here, he's now made himself the subject of future concern for any club who might be interested in signing him. I would say he may now be at Hudds for the rest of his career, like it or not.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hull cant sign him or they have to pay a fee before the deadline 

So he has promised to sign for them after that deadline

A promise to sign a contract is a contract to sign a contract - it isn't a treat or negotiation it is the preliminary to the contract so is part of that contract - Hull need to pay up or shut up

A court of law would have a dim view of the "he's signed for us now nah nah na na nah!" attitude, especially after Hull came out and stated in the press they hadn't signed the player but he had signed a contract to sign a contract - which is a contract to play for Hull - and the player was stated by the Giants as having said he had signed a contract

Very dumb and trying it on - a tribunal may reduce the cost of the player but if he is that good then it might be 100k anyway

More interestingly if he has reneged on a promise to promise to play for Hull -- written or otherwise - its still only a promise if its not a contract (as Hull will argue to avoid the fee) - so its not a contract is it!

Interesting legal argument and if its a promise to sign and Hull have registered him, the RFL have been duped as its not a contract - unless it is seen by them and Hull as good as a contract then Hull will have to pay a fee

And if he doesn't want to be there now I would just let it go - the costs to fight it on both sides would be far from proportionate and its just very very silly

So my letter would be

Dear Mr Pearson

Go for lunch with Mr Davy, have a laugh and bin the whole deal

Then both sue the agent!

Love a concerned fan

PS You can have Connor if we can have Sneyd! (LMFHO)

I'm pretty sure AP has this stitched up legally and it's sour grapes coming from KD - He needs to get used to it as we've had it from KH & GH for years!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Archived