Sign in to follow this  
Blue Pike

Is Leeds Utd the Key ?

While watching the QPR vLeeds game a thought came to me.As a Leeds fan who goes to a couple of games a season they are a massive supported club and while Leeds Rhinos fans are Leeds Rhinos fans full stop Leeds utd whos catchment area is most of west Yorkshire and more importantly around THIS AREA are very rugby independant and I know a lot of Leeds fans who have never been to a rugby match at all.Let me get to the point IF we are in the championship next year and looking to get average crowds of 1500 wouldnt it be an idea to trial for a year all Leeds Utd season ticket holders be allowed in to our home games for half price to probably boost it by 300? a match and increase revenue all around then after a year if they enjoy the experience they may return to pay full price.Just a thought.

Seen as though both clubs sing "marching on together" as their club song/chant i think the Rhinos have got Utd fans covered with regards tickets etc and vice versa

Edited by elppaxr2i

Aye..... they'll get a 25% refund on next years season ticket if this aft is owt t'go by.....

MOT lads

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Seen as though both clubs sing "marching on together" as their club song/chant i think the Rhinos have got Utd fans covered with regards tickets etc and vice versa

Ive got two sitting next to me that would go and possibly a couple who I work with that would consider it thats 5 on my own times that by the other 1499 now it gets interesting can you see where im coming from or do we not bother considering fresh ideas and do nowt as usual

As a DR club with Leeds we might ask their advice on the subject and see what their response is. In fact taking the thought further we could ask them if any Rhino fans would be interested when Leeds are away from home. If you don't ask you don't get.

SHUSHHH! Not too loud, there are more Leeds United fans in Wakefield than watch Trinity, that's why they stopped being a major force in the game since Don Revie's side rose to prominence in the mid to late 60's. 

As a fev supporting Leeds Utd fan who doesn't really care about the Rhinos this really gets on my nerves..........MOT is the Leeds United Cup final song.......Nothing to do with Rhinos.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

As a fev supporting Leeds Utd fan who doesn't really care about the Rhinos this really gets on my nerves..........MOT is the Leeds United Cup final song.......Nothing to do with Rhinos.

I've seen elsewhere that Leeds Rugby (or whatever the holding company is) own the rights to the song.

Actually, it is. When United were in major financial difficulties after Ridsdale, the Rhinos bought the rights to use the song. Edited by terrywebbisgod

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

I get it now. Seeing the caption 'We are all doomed, DOOMED' that refers to the Home Guard. Common sense dictates that the song would be 'Marching on Together'. Leeds came to a 'HALT'  now they are going 'By the right quick march'. So now they are progressing. Easy peasy. Back to the medicine and looking for a caption about Fev!

I get it now. Seeing the caption 'We are all doomed, DOOMED' that refers to the Home Guard. Common sense dictates that the song would be 'Marching on Together'. Leeds came to a 'HALT' now they are going 'By the right quick march'. So now they are progressing. Easy peasy. Back to the medicine and looking for a caption about Fev!

We're all doomed refers to the doom mongers that post on the TRL forums.Good effort though. I'd suggest you up your dosage!

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Oh dear oh dear....

Colin..... I'll nip round with one of the following

Some therapy

Some tricyclic medication

A single ticket to Switzerland

Oh dear oh dear....

Some therapy

at it again

Oh dear oh dear....

Some therapy

As you are using S and T in all your remedies I will take all three - Save Time. Any way you have been suffering so you can't nip anywhere.

As you are using S and T in all your remedies I will take all three - Save Time. Any way you have been suffering so you can't nip anywhere.

True col.... although my agility to "nip" anywhere ceased a long time ago.... its more of a trundle nowadays....