Halifax up the swanny again?

buford t justice

The feeling of aarrogance on the terraces towards our lot was felt many times through the calland era. I also experienced sly digs in and around stainland/elland and siddal towards "my little batley" .

Afterall we gave them hell on our regular tight encounters maybe thats why they disliked us

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

The feeling of aarrogance on the terraces towards our lot was felt many times through the calland era. I also experienced sly digs in and around stainland/elland and siddal towards "my little batley" .

Afterall we gave them hell on our regular tight encounters maybe thats why they disliked us

That might have been because we used to have some fans where as most opposition teams in this league have very few so its hard to get much feeling from them.

We are where we are though and Im not going to complain too much as I see myself very lucky in that I have seen my team win the 1st division, the CC, play the Aussie national team, win the grand final and NRC at this level and play the NRL champions and yet some of our fans still complain about the quality of players we are signing at the moment. They really do not know how lucky we have been.

Absolutely. In the context of the Fax boom & bust decades, we have had a responsible Board who have built the Club slowly and shrewdly, and are now where we are, the top Part Time team in rugby league at the end of last season, with a fan friendly stadium and facilities. Having said that, I believe we need to employ additional resources/personnel to our commercial/marketing structure, to continue our growth as a Club, and especially to cover the potential eventuality that next years' war chest may be less than this years' massive injection.

Don't you go 'down the Swanee' rather than up?

way down

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

With Leigh gone we will have to hate Fax. Saw that somewhere with words to that effect. Well I've always disliked Fax. Met some nasty pieces of work in my time, and refused to go there for around three seasons. The abuse is even worse when we win and the stewards just shut down.

Absolutely. In the context of the Fax boom & bust decades, we have had a responsible Board who have built the Club slowly and shrewdly, and are now where we are, the top Part Time team in rugby league at the end of last season, with a fan friendly stadium and facilities. Having said that, I believe we need to employ additional resources/personnel to our commercial/marketing structure, to continue our growth as a Club, and especially to cover the potential eventuality that next years' war chest may be less than this years' massive injection.

Batley are a classic example of how a RL team should be run without someone in the background pumping millions in to a club. For all that said and done though personally I have very much enjoyed our boom and bust approach as without it Im not sure we would have seen our successes which always make times like the current one that little bit easier.

Well said and put  Lounge Room Lizard, I have been saying for awhile the RFL an SL don't give a dam and yet the rugby served up by the Championship is very good.

Cheers Roger.

Sadly this is an attitude that is typical of most Championship clubs - it is up to others to improve their lot. According to those Championship Chairmen who I have listened to the RFL are constantly supportive and helpful. (SL clubs less so, obviously.)

Might not your ire be more accurately directed at the residents of Batley for their failure to support the club in numbers, particularly after the season that you have just had?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

In my drinking days proudly wearing the batley replicas you would get " how did WE get on today" after a game!

Or im not going up there and wasting my ale money there sh5te

On my visit to the mount this year (last encounter) I found the Batley fans very welcoming ,Lovely ground and facilities and enjoyed a nice few pints in the upper bar area.I believe like me most supporters have a lot of respect for your club and know it will mostly be a hard game.I know that "we have to beat Batley " is still in existance but I think due to Batleys improvement it is now wearing thin.

I'be expounded a number of times regarding the interest of the RFL in anything other than Super League. Allied to that I have my own opinion on the much-trumpeted re-organisation. Other than Leigh's showing this time, the 8's are still well stacked in favour of the SL sides. Last year it was the way Wakefield were allowed to import all and sundry to bolster their bottom 4 escape, and by results it shows that in this format a championship side can look forward to at least a couple of heavy losses enabling RFL and SL fans to point to it and say 'bah, told you so'. I would already suggest that the 2017 play offs will end in SL's bottom 4 retaining their positions because any of London, Bradford, Halifax, Sheffield, Batley, Featherstone, Sheffield, Dewsbury can't expect their finances to aid them in doing a Leigh. Even Hull KR will struggle to get their side ready to challenge the likes of Salford who I am sure will strengthen to fight off the challenge. I would much prefer to fight through a championship season where 1 or 2 clubs would step up by dint of winning the league rather than the just out of reach promise there is now, even if it did take on a bit of a yoyo appearance, as at least teams would get a great season's experience, instead of that one hopeful draw and hammering at home in the cup against Wigan etc. AND on top of that we have now lost our Grand Final and NRC, a couple of great experiences for players and fans, in the pursuit of the almost unattainable.

Archived