Website again

RogerT

I know this as come up before and we all know what happened to the owner of it, but is there anything happening about getting a new one up and running.

Today about an hour ago I couldn't get into it some error message came up, I thought allo there are doing something to it, but no it's back on and where we where before.

Yes I am also sending a message to the club as well.

Cheers Roger.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its got to the point that I try and stay away from this subject, but now and again I can't resist.

It seems at the moment that the only website about the Bulldogs that is up to date, and indeed being updated is my Bulldogs Talk website which, as everone knows, is based in Hamburg. The official website isn't being updated, and we all know what fate befell Tombatley.

As Bromley Bulldog remarked

really the club shouldn't be relying on updates via Hamburg to keep everyone up to date.

And he is perfectly right of course.

I wasn't going to do a third season with the site (to be honest, I wasn't even going to do a second). Being so far away it can't work, and its doesn't work. It has been viewed with suspicion in certain official quarters since its inception. The webmaster of the official website referred to it as "that other website from Hamburg". And although I have taken my time during visits to Batley to talk to anyone I could get hold of from the club, including the chairman himself, I have failed to get any recognition, or get certain people or institutions on my side.

So you will understand that my motivation to carry on is not as high as it should be. But the fact is: its the only thing on the menu at the moment, and as such I will persevere as long as I can.

This will, however, not be forever..

We have been promised a new website by 21/2 at latest but possibly as early as14/2. So we are presently in limbo until then. Maybe not ideal but that's how it is. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. Then you will see from videos already produced and on twitter/ Facebook/ YouTube that we have a couple of great lads chomping at the bit to improve things in all our social media so a couple of weeks could be worth the wait

From my own personal point of view I get all the info I need from the clubs Facebook and Twitter feeds, its good to see they are being run very well and are always up to date with good information.

The You tube videos are also good (which are linked on facebook and twitter), I also use snapchat a lot and have been impressed by whoever is running that, seems to be a fast growing area of social media so good to see that we are one of the growing number of clubs using it.

Websites for clubs are becoming more obscelete these days as social media now seems to be so popular, I noticed even Leeds United advertised all their transfer business the other day on snap chat / facebook & twitter and there was nothing on the official site until much later

Well done to whoever is running our social media, its really good - keep it up.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Club needs it's own website clearly but it needs to have the information that people want, not what they glean from rumour etc on TOTAL RL or on here and the decent bit that Super tyke provides. We used to have a players' gallery like most other clubs bur this has been missing a long while.

1 hour ago, buford t justice said:

From my own personal point of view I get all the info I need from the clubs Facebook and Twitter feeds, its good to see they are being run very well and are always up to date with good information.

The You tube videos are also good (which are linked on facebook and twitter), I also use snapchat a lot and have been impressed by whoever is running that, seems to be a fast growing area of social media so good to see that we are one of the growing number of clubs using it.

Websites for clubs are becoming more obscelete these days as social media now seems to be so popular, I noticed even Leeds United advertised all their transfer business the other day on snap chat / facebook & twitter and there was nothing on the official site until much later

Well done to whoever is running our social media, its really good - keep it up.

Credit where credit is due, the clubs social media is excellent. That is where I get all my information. I don't think that websites are obsolete though. Its just that their roles are changing somewhat

On 02/02/2017 at 2:07 PM, Supertyke said:

Credit where credit is due, the clubs social media is excellent. That is where I get all my information. I don't think that websites are obsolete though. Its just that their roles are changing somewhat

Surely everything that is put on social media should be on the official club website. People then know they just need to look in the one place and everything is compact. Also RL fans who have only a passing interest in Batley would look at the club website and find whatever it is they are enquiring about. They would not need to go searching around social media.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/02/2017 at 11:47 PM, Kevin Nicholas said:

We have been promised a new website by 21/2 at latest but possibly as early as14/2. So we are presently in limbo until then. Maybe not ideal but that's how it is. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. Then you will see from videos already produced and on twitter/ Facebook/ YouTube that we have a couple of great lads chomping at the bit to improve things in all our social media so a couple of weeks could be worth the wait

Looking forward to the new website........

Deafening silence comes to an end.

Was advised site would be ready 21/2 but did not really want to put that on here as out of my control. However people mentioning problem with site so posted but wish i hadnt. I am told it is nearly ready so i pass that message on. I have no wish to criticise anyone who is helping us get this new site so what can i say?

i understand the frustrations re not having it and know it is important. We have 2 students chomping at the bit to do more videos & news items.

However i am not posting anything else on this issue until the site is up & running.

When will that be? As soon as we can.

When is that? As soon as we can.

What date? Soon. 

When is soon? Dont know.

Is this what you wanted to hear? No

Sorry, but we want this to happen as soon as we can so please bear with us.

Thank you Kevin, what is missing is any notifications like the Battle Bus running or not, it's not even mentioned in the Batley News today and the declared squad just before the game.

More power to your elbow.

Bearing with you.

Archived