French Magic Weekend

playoff : 13-14 may

east vs west : 20-21 may (??)

semi-finals 27-28 may (Places : Lezignan and Limoux)

final 3 june 5pm ( Narbonne)

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see it happening just before the semi finals! Can't see the coaches releasing their players the week before the semi final, if it's lezignan,limoux, Carcassonne and St esteve in the semis  there won't be many top players left! 

The timing of the weekend means that 4 of the 5 matches are pretty much meaningless in terms of final position. I doubt the crowd will be that big.

Nevertheless, over 15 000 people watching two matches in France last weekend was a big deal (4674 paying to get in at Blagnac, no doubt a few hundred more in for free, 11000 at Perpignan.)

3 hours ago, JonM said:

The timing of the weekend means that 4 of the 5 matches are pretty much meaningless in terms of final position. I doubt the crowd will be that big.

Nevertheless, over 15 000 people watching two matches in France last weekend was a big deal (4674 paying to get in at Blagnac, no doubt a few hundred more in for free, 11000 at Perpignan.)

Avignon will be a challenge for the Lord Derby Cup Final next Sunday. They certainly do well with attractive international games.Think the local SOA club have qualified for the U20s Cup Final which should help. Surprising that the ASC-FCL is the first time the Aude sides have met in the Cup Final since 1961.Are these clubs the best supported at Elite 1 level? The big one though will be a month later at Narbonne with the new Federation going for broke. Re-enacting the Super Treize of two decades back at the same venue. Think they'll be hoping for the first 10,000 plus crowd since some time.Fingers crossed.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

10 minutes ago, audois said:

Avignon will be a challenge for the Lord Derby Cup Final next Sunday. They certainly do well with attractive international games.Think the local SOA club have qualified for the U20s Cup Final which should help. Surprising that the ASC-LFC is the first time the Aude sides have met in the Cup Final since 1961.Are these clubs the best supported at Elite 1 level? The big one though will be a month later at Narbonne with the new Federation going for broke. Re-enacting the Super Treize of two decades back at the same venue. Think they'll be hoping for the first 10,000 plus crowd since some time.Fingers crossed.

Was Super Treize the Jacques Fouroux venture?

No. It's really what they're doing this year with 6 or so Finals to be played throughout the day on the main pitch and surrounds. I witnessed the same thing in Narbonne twenty years back. A great jamboree.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

No. It's really what they're doing this year with 6 or so Finals to be played throughout the day on the main pitch and surrounds. I witnessed the same thing in Narbonne twenty years back. A great jamboree.

Sorry I saw the two decades back and I thought that the Jacques Fourier venture was called Super Frieze and thought that was about 20 years ago and put 2 + 2 together and got 0 :)

Archived