Money worries

The Voodooguru

47 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

No idea if there is any truth in it but was told at work this morning by a Haven fan that they are struggling. Anybody heard anything??

There  is a post on their forum asking for volunteer first aiders. It says its a cost cutting measure during difficult financial times at the moment.  

As i said on the "attendances" thread the people running these clubs deserve credit as they must be constantly under financial pressure.  A combined attendance of 884 fans attended the games in WC at the weekend. Although clubs don't rely on gate money alone it will make a difficult job even harder.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Well exactly . I was just thinking about taking Dion back on to ?

But if the gossip rumours on LRL are true about worries of not lasting the season then they surely wouldn't be bringing the 2nd PNG lad back and tonights evening rag says he may be back. 

I posted in a previous thread. From a very reliable foe. They have budgeted on an average gate of 800. And if they don't achieve this they'll struggle to see the season out. The strategy from our new board of cutting cloth to suit doesn't seem that bad now does it.  

46 minutes ago, townie88 said:

I posted in a previous thread. From a very reliable foe. They have budgeted on an average gate of 800. And if they don't achieve this they'll struggle to see the season out. The strategy from our new board of cutting cloth to suit doesn't seem that bad now does it.  

So the 375 attendance on sunday is way short of the budgeted 800.  Granted it was a cup game but it shows their diehards are falling away.

21 hours ago, wonky said:

Good enough for them. Hope shacks and olstrum got cash up front. Looks like a great move for them now dosent it.

Wonky

It's an IF at the  moment whether the speculation about haven's financial situation  is true or not (as a haven supporter,

I 'm as much in the dark as you) but gloat on. Do you really think if it is true it benefits  RL as a whole in W Cumbria? Put your hatredcd and look at the big picture.

25 minutes ago, Mc1 said:

Wonky

It's an IF at the  moment whether the speculation about haven's financial situation  is true or not (as a haven supporter,

I 'm as much in the dark as you) but gloat on. Do you really think if it is true it benefits  RL as a whole in W Cumbria? Put your hatredcd and look at the big picture.

I don't think anyone wants any club to go up the swanny. Both clubs deserve credit for keeping clubs going at the moment with reduced C1 budgets and a smaller pool of local players and dwindling crowds.  However  I take it you obviously missed all the gloating on the haven forum over town players pay cuts etc last season. ?

1 hour ago, Mc1 said:

Wonky

No thanks 

1 hour ago, Mc1 said:

Wonky

You threw money at our players and potential targets, some amateurs who have already returned to there roots, then you all acted like you were shoe ins for promotion and we were doomed. The truth is youve overspent and still ended up with a worse team, by quite some distance, than town. Youve made your bed and now you can lie in it. Im sorry but how you expect anyone to have sympathy for such a ridiculous plan is beyond me. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Haven had a choice , be cautious and have a long term plan within a responsible league 1 budget or throw cash around and lure high wage players for a fair size signing fee , they chose the latter but seem to have ended up with a poorer squad , there is no chance they will be promoted Barrow and Toronto will go up , its hard to have sympathy for such a strategy , its some players i feel sorry for as they could end up with no club or back to amateur clubs as some have already done .

2 hours ago, Mc1 said:

Wonky

Haven supporters are perpetually in the dark, as is their trophy room. The jambos have been wannabees for decades . While Town have pretty much won everything the Great Pretenders have achieved ------ errrrrrrr ------- no, can't come up with anything . What grates is the way they chuck money at our better players while tying up promising locals ,a bit like Tesco buying up land in order to stymie their competitors. If Haven have a purpose it's to put a couple of hundred on the derby gate.   Biased?? Me??? 

i

3 hours ago, Mc1 said:

Wonky

If it's true about havens cash problems then I doubt you will find any sympathy on here after the pre season gloating we have had to put up with. Having said that, the demise of either club would be bad for the game and could be the death knell for the other club. I never used to give a damn about haven back in the day when we were a top side, they were an irrelevance to me and many other town fans, but now ? Unfortunately the competition between us looks like it's the only thing that keeps both teams going. 

Archived