Injury updates

Maureen T-k

FEATHERSTONE Rovers have been dealt a triple injury blow ahead of Sunday’s visit of London Broncos.

Scans have revealed a fracture to forward Frankie Mariano’s forearm, while Jason Walton and Ash Handley suffered medial collateral ligament injuries during last weekend’s victory over Dewsbury Rams.

Mariano will be out of action for the remainder of April, dual-registered winger Handley will miss at least two weeks and centre Walton is unlikely to feature until May.  

The trio join Kyle Briggs (thigh) and Brad Tagg (ankle) on the sidelines, both of which are aiming to return to contention in time for Featherstone’s Good Friday trip to Hull Kingston Rovers.

Meanwhile, James Duckworth and Michael Knowles are back in full training and come back into the fold for Sunday’s round-nine Kingstone Press Championship tie.

Richard Moore is suspended for the eagerly-anticipated Broncos battle, after submitting an early-guilty plea on Monday for an incident he was involved against Toulouse Olympique last month.

Tickets for Sunday’s mouth-watering clash are on sale NOW and can be purchased in store and ONLINE!

We are giving season-ticket holders the chance to ‘BRING-A-MATE’ for as little as £5 (concessions / £10: adults).

For more information, please CLICK HERE or call a member of our ticketing team on 01977 702386

Im Fev and im proud

What is it with these injury problems in the rugby world?. Not only Fev, but many, many other clubs are being wracked with injury problems. Is it because they are being "overtrained, being brought back into the game before being fully fit, or is it because the players of today are too "lean" as opposed to the players of a few seasons ago or is it because the playing schedules of todays fixtures are too severe for their bodies to recover. 

27 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

What is it with these injury problems in the rugby world?. Not only Fev, but many, many other clubs are being wracked with injury problems. Is it because they are being "overtrained, being brought back into the game before being fully fit, or is it because the players of today are too "lean" as opposed to the players of a few seasons ago or is it because the playing schedules of todays fixtures are too severe for their bodies to recover. 

Can't ignore the fact that as training methods have evolved players today, even at Championship level, are bigger and stronger (I don't mean more talented) which has to take its toll.

In our case, it did occur to me that there have been a few cases where players who have sustained a knock during a game have carried on playing and then later the injury turns out to mean they miss a few weeks. Turner last year at Batley in the Cup, Duckworth in a friendly earlier this season and now Walton on Sunday have tried to play on after sustaining what turned out to be injuries that caused them to miss multiple games. Not saying mistakes were made as must be tough diagnosing injuries on the spot but when competition for places is fierce it must be tempting to try and say you're ok to carry on.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Can't ignore the fact that as training methods have evolved players today, even at Championship level, are bigger and stronger (I don't mean more talented) which has to take its toll.

In our case, it did occur to me that there have been a few cases where players who have sustained a knock during a game have carried on playing and then later the injury turns out to mean they miss a few weeks. Turner last year at Batley in the Cup, Duckworth in a friendly earlier this season and now Walton on Sunday have tried to play on after sustaining what turned out to be injuries that caused them to miss multiple games. Not saying mistakes were made as must be tough diagnosing injuries on the spot but when competition for places is fierce it must be tempting to try and say you're ok to carry on.

Walton was limping for a long time on Sunday.  On hearing the injury news I also thought back to the Turner situation from last year.  Lets just hope its not the same sort of thing.

Whether players are over-trained I don't know but I suppose a fracture such as Mariano's - you can't do much about.

An outstanding example IMO is poor owd Danny Kirmond. Picked up a couple of serious injuries last season, obviously brought back into the game miles before full recovery and his game has suffered. Still not up to top form.

The games a lot faster than it used to be and players are conditioned to be stronger and faster. They recon some of the collisions are like been in a car crash at 30mph, so going to be a lot of knocks. A lot of time is also spent on tackling techniques these days, which involve a few men getting in the tackle and a lot of pulling twist motions to win the floor. I would think theres a few of the muscle or liganent strains can happen in these situations. Ive tried playing with injurys before, you dont want to miss a game once the season starts, but the old injurys always catch up with you in the end, if not rested properly.

7 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

The games a lot faster than it used to be and players are conditioned to be stronger and faster. They recon some of the collisions are like been in a car crash at 30mph, so going to be a lot of knocks. A lot of time is also spent on tackling techniques these days, which involve a few men getting in the tackle and a lot of pulling twist motions to win the floor. I would think theres a few of the muscle or liganent strains can happen in these situations. Ive tried playing with injurys before, you dont want to miss a game once the season starts, but the old injurys always catch up with you in the end, if not rested properly.

They should try playing with Gout;)

14 hours ago, gingdong said:

They should try playing with Gout;)

is he that french fullback

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Archived