London (A)

Blind side johnny

34 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Funny, I was on line with them and they were forward.

I think the fans were applauding another excellent performance from their team rather than the ref - then again Dewsbury were by far the better side and had there not been a bent ref and two dodgy forward passes would have won by a country mile.

Get over yourself.

Didn't go to the game but listened to the radio. Even the commentator said the 2nd try wasn't forward and we had some tough calls from the ref.

Wilsden Ram isn't disputing the result but just wants a bit of consistency from the referee.

I never said that Broncos were not the better side.  They ought to be with the the quality of the players and the full time environment that they work in, the same applies to HKR and Toulouse.

All I was trying to say was that given a share of the 50/50 decisions, we may have been allowed to compete (not win).  Several people (who are RL fans but not Rams fans) have told me today at work that even the London based match reporter on Radio Leeds who was sitting very close to us also indicated that the decisions were questionable.

We are nowhere near your standard and won't be in the near future.  Good Luck with your Super League dream.

The post is my opinion on the game on the RAMS forum for RAMS fans who were not at the game.

5 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

I think the fans were applauding another excellent performance from their team rather than the ref - then again Dewsbury were by far the better side and had there not been a bent ref and two dodgy forward passes would have won by a country mile.

Get over yourself.

Not sure why anyone would come on an oppo's forum with comments like "get over yourself" after such a comfortable win. Maybe they need to get over themselves?

10 hours ago, Wilsden Ram said:

Our tackling was woeful in our own 20 m area throughout the game.  We were never allowed to gain any momentum neither by a very quick and skilful full-time Broncos team nor by the referee who stopped both our attempts at quick tap re-starts but allowed the Broncos to tap and run as they wanted.

In 1st half 2 disallowed tries for forward passes did not help the cause.  We were sitting level with both incidents and neither were forward.

Sykes was sin-binned for a head high grab with 1 minute and 6 seconds to go but a London forward escaped punishment 10 minutes before for a late off the ball shoulder charge which left Toby Adamson on the ground. No consistency again from Mr Straw, no wonder the Broncos supporters applauded him off the field!

In my opinion ground is no better than Hallam University but with a horrible plastic pitch with blue markings for League and white markings for Union - how confusing.

I was seated at the opposite end (in the mini three rows of seats stand) so cannot comment on our two disallowed first half tries and thought that Sykes' sin-binning was harsh. From my position (opposite end of the ground remember) it like a good hard clatter of a tackle ("League Express" suggested it down to tiredness on Sykes' part, but he hadn't been on the pitch long enough to be tired).

I thought one of their first half tries had three forward passes in the move* and one conversion seemed to be wide of the wavering far post (with our fist conversion attempt seemingly good, but waved away).

Obe of our tap restarts wasn't allowed as not all our players had retired to the correct side of the twenty metre line in time.

Toby Adamson was taken out late and the referee's action was to stop the game simply for an injury.

If the Broncos do manage to qualify for SL again, I don't think they will be allowed to play at the Trailfinders as it doesn't appear large enough to accommodate large crowds.  

* A Londoner (from New Barnet, that's north east London to the uninitiated) really had a go at the officials about this, continuing to remonstrate until after the conversion. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Get over yourself.

Thank you for your honest remark.

Crown Flatter - there were several other things in the game which I could have mentioned such as the Broncos conversion which did appear to miss looking from my position.  As I said, surely we did at least deserve a share of the 50/50 decisions.

Can't comment on Glover's kick or the first half try as we were seated on the 20m line at the opposite end from you in a perfect position to see the two 'dodgy forward passes' that I have to try to get over.

If the Broncos do manage to qualify for SL again, I don't think they will be allowed to play at the Trailfinders as it doesn't appear large enough to accommodate large crowds.

Its not just the stadium its the fact getting to Trailfinders on a Sunday from central London is a nightmare with Castle Bar Station closed on Sundays.

SL teams with crowds bigger then most Championship teams plus supporters from across the country will have problems getting from central London via Ealing Broadway & E11 bus that goes past the railway station especially after the game E11 is a small single Decker bus. Maybe they will move all there SL home games to Saturdays when station is open then all fans have to do is get to Paddington then train to Castle Bar. 

5 hours ago, Devon Ram said:

Its not just the stadium its the fact getting to Trailfinders on a Sunday from central London is a nightmare with Castle Bar Station closed on Sundays.

SL teams with crowds bigger then most Championship teams plus supporters from across the country will have problems getting from central London via Ealing Broadway & E11 bus that goes past the railway station especially after the game E11 is a small single Decker bus. Maybe they will move all there SL home games to Saturdays when station is open then all fans have to do is get to Paddington then train to Castle Bar. 

I've said on this forum before that the Trailfinders ground is neat and perfectly adequate for Championship level - and it is one of my favourite away trips - but I agree Broncos would need to locate elsewhere should they get back into SL simply due to capacity. I'm surprised though that you think it a nightmare to travel between central London and ground: A Sunday journey takes just over 1 hour from/to Kings Cross with lots of options. Between Ealing Broadway and the ground there's a number of different, frequent, quick bus routes, or an easy 30min walk (with decent pubs to visit). There's lots of different journey planning phone apps you can use to help. I just wouldn't want anyone being put off following Rams down there because they got the idea Broncos was a nightmare to get to. The only nightmare is the £12 day travel card - but the journey is easy. 

Could be true about other bus services but the two trips i have made 90% of the drivers don,t know what or where Trailfinders stadium is, so if you ask do you go past or near the stadium you get a blank look or they tell you not sure where it is. Even thou most bus services in the Ealing area have station stops inside the bus for passengers.

It wont stop me going next season if they fail to go up.

On 12/06/2017 at 7:36 PM, Crown Flatter said:

* A Londoner (from New Barnet, that's north east London to the uninitiated) really had a go at the officials about this, continuing to remonstrate until after the conversion. 

* I feel I now have to explain. The Londoner was wearing a Dewsbury replica shirt. Turns out he went to college in London 20 odd years ago and remained thereafter. Reckons the (Barnet) people are really welcoming. 

He told me his uncle is Arthur Keegan and he is related to former Dewsbury player Mick Collins. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

* I feel I now have to explain. The Londoner was wearing a Dewsbury replica shirt. Turns out he went to college in London 20 odd years ago and remained thereafter. Reckons the (Barnet) people are really welcoming. 

He told me his uncle is Arthur Keegan and he is related to former Dewsbury player Wayne Collins. 

Peter Collins  lives down there. His brother is Michael  "Bobby" Collins.

Archived