Toronto game....Cresta front row...

boat builder

13 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

How did I criticize the club?

This from someone who is suggesting they will get thrashed in an unimportant game so they should play it safe. And I'm out of touch. 

read you post again . You claim a team who play if safe in a dead rubber game don't belong in this league if that isn't criticism then i don't know what is !! I never said they would get thrashed I said they would want to keep the score under 60 and come away with no injuries .... and you are so far off the mark its untrue , but then again sitting supporting a team with a huge budget playing in a league far below what they believe their standard is I wouldn't expect anything less. In fact , if anything I would be ashamed of the defeat against York and the draw at the cougars. 

54 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

read you post again . You claim a team who play if safe in a dead rubber game don't belong in this league if that isn't criticism then i don't know what is !! I never said they would get thrashed I said they would want to keep the score under 60 and come away with no injuries .... and you are so far off the mark its untrue , but then again sitting supporting a team with a huge budget playing in a league far below what they believe their standard is I wouldn't expect anything less. In fact , if anything I would be ashamed of the defeat against York and the draw at the cougars. 

Someone's tired

Barrow are part time and have a squad consisting of many home town lads , the club have worked very hard to clear debts over the past 3 to 4 years and have slowly built a squad of good local talent and some ex Championship lads and this rebuild of part timers on a thin shoe string is finally bearing fruit , the last 3 games are crucial for Barrow this season and they will focus entirely on those games I'm sure . Just remember Toulouse prevented Barrow from going up last season , a team much like yourselves , full time and able to buy the best available pro's who will join you and easily win this league , but where did they finish this season ? lower half of the championship ! so be warned , the Championship top clubs have been top clubs in that league for many years and are littered with super league sandard players and ex super league ageing players who all cannot find a higher club due to there being a limited amount of players who can fit into only 12 SL clubs , you are in for a big reality check if you think everything will go your way next season and I look forward to coming on your "Woolpack " forum and reading posts discussing your defeats from time to time and your frustrations of games that didnt go your way , because believe me there will be several of them . Good luck .

As a fan of TWP,  I'd love to see Barrow's best side over here but I don't see how that makes any sense. Even if they could win at Lamport, they would still likely finish second. I'm sure whatever side they field will give 100% but I agree that this match is about staying healthy and preparing for more important games ahead. I don't think anyone could blame them for being pragmatic when winning their last two games would mean promotion.

On 9/6/2017 at 7:25 AM, shawy13 said:

Would it be so disastrous if Barrow don't go up? There is a lot of noise being made about spending what in theory is a pretty insignificant amount going to Toronto again can they really afford to go up and strengthen the squad accordingly and stay up? 

Gates this year aren't great let's be honest and a lot of that can be put down to people not paying £15 to see Barrow get a cricket score against a pub team but will they really improve that much next year and if they do will they stay up should Barrow start to lose? 

I have been attempting to follow Barrow as close I can given I am thousands of miles away.  According to the Barrow fans, although the club has been doing everything by the numbers they have been taking a hit this year due to just a really bad draw on the schedule.

Hence my comment that for Barrow, promotion might even be more impt then it is for Toronto. 

Should they get promoted,  their audience knows they would be playing in a higher tier with 100% professional competition.  For any sporting audience, this should be a more attractive draw versus the part time league.  From what I also understand, playing in Championship results in some additional financial support (which TWP has agreed to give up as a condition of membership into the RL).

Its never an easy decision, and I agree don't throw the game,  but in my mind given the importance of the playoffs for Barrow post the TWP match, coaches have to have a long term strategy.  We frequently see teams use certain games to work on strategic matters, whether giving other players experience, working out new formations, etc.  I have been a player in such circumstances in fact.  We see it happen all the time in the NHL, NFL, Baseball and Lacrosse. 

So to hear the coach is sitting down key talent is understandable to me.

Our home crowd will be attending not just because its Barrow, but because they simply want to support TWP, and they know its quite possibly the promotion decider, and will want to partake of the celebrations post game.

On 6 September 2017 at 8:57 PM, wonderofwood said:

Yeah,have a go at new enthusiastic fans of our game,I'm sure that will do the sport a world of good,you were a condescending arrogant know it all when you were pretending to be a Town fan,nothing has changed with your switch to Barrow I see.

Whoh everybody, calm down. The best news is, i've just tried channel 95 on Freeview, and it works, yesssss! Can't wait for tomorrow night. 

Archived