The Facts

Roughyedz

1 hour ago, tandle said:

thaf before you start talking money you have to find how much money you are talking about. so then if you are interested you then look to raise the funds needed, that is why you need a set of upto date accounts just see what you are potentially buying you need the true figures in black and white. 

So which method would get a viewing of the accounts? CH wouldn't even answer the phone unless he was certain you are serious. If you've got to ask the price you can't afford it. Something is only worth what the buyer and seller think it's worth, not what the accounts say. Do you think you can run a club and keep it going as a viable business? If so then get together see how much you can afford, hire a solicitor to contact CH, that way he knows your serious and at the same time you are not showing your hand. Then see if you can look at the books. Oh by the way the accounts still won't tell you what you need to know. In my experience you only want to buy a business where you know that you can make a difference. Can you? Do you have the contacts? Do you know who's who in the RFL world, the movers and shakers? If not , save your money. Bedford Roughyed is spot on, you will lose your 'investment' even if you can answer yes. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you go to buy a house you make a appointment to view, then if you agree a price and you have not got the cash you go and try to raise a mortgage. has for people I knew.

Harvey ashworth/George Howarth/bob ogden/keith Broadbent/to name a few sadly long time gone. how many people do you know.  

5 minutes ago, tandle said:

if you go to buy a house you make a appointment to view, then if you agree a price and you have not got the cash you go and try to raise a mortgage. has for people I knew.

Harvey ashworth/George Howarth/bob ogden/keith Broadbent/to name a few sadly long time gone. how many people do you know.  

None. That's why I'm not interested in wasting my money. Good luck in viewing the accounts.

Movers and shakers? In Rugby League? Firstly they aren't anyone special. There's no one with any real national profile or mega business record. I deal with more regionally and nationally influential people regularly.

Secondly relationships can be built, contacts can be made. We act like no other club has ever done it... when loads have. There are other supporters' trusts who would help in this area. Also many supporters have expertise in these areas and RO have many contacts.

Stop chucking 500k sround as a figure. I reckon you could buy the club or a massive part of it for a quarter of that. And if the RFL were insisting on all League 1 clubs having that kind of financial capacity the division wouldn't exist.... nor would half the championship.

Just a load of scared, pessimistic nay sayers tugging their forelock.

And it's not an investment. It's a fee. A subscription to a Trust.

8 hours ago, HomeOfTheTubularBandage said:

Movers and shakers? In Rugby League? Firstly they aren't anyone special. There's no one with any real national profile or mega business record. I deal with more regionally and nationally influential people regularly.

Secondly relationships can be built, contacts can be made. We act like no other club has ever done it... when loads have. There are other supporters' trusts who would help in this area. Also many supporters have expertise in these areas and RO have many contacts.

Stop chucking 500k sround as a figure. I reckon you could buy the club or a massive part of it for a quarter of that. And if the RFL were insisting on all League 1 clubs having that kind of financial capacity the division wouldn't exist.... nor would half the championship.

Then go ahead do it,  stop talking on and on and on. Get together form a group, see how much money you've got. It's not about being a naysayer, I want to see some action from you.  Like I said before, good luck viewing the accounts.

For me, I been there and got the t shirt of failure, I ll support the lads on the pitch, I'll assist in any way I can but I won't actively sit down and open dialogue as I know when push comes to shove CH will run to the hills 

does anybody know when was the last accounts produced and submitted to companies house, are the accounts upto date if not the following.

penalty for private ltd companies late accounts.

up to 1 month £150

1to 3 months £375

3 to 6 months £750

more than 6 months £1500.    and the penalties are doubled if the accounts are late 2 years in a row.c

• 2 months later...
On 14 October 2017 at 11:50 PM, HomeOfTheTubularBandage said:

CH but up £10k to reform Oldham rugby so £250,000 start price seems a little high 

Archived