2018 Squad

IAmASeatonRanger

2 hours ago, kiln7 said:

that,s what we thought when we got howarth but in my opinion  callum was the best of the 2 by a long way,

Might as well give up now then pal if hes irreplaceable as he's chucked his toys out and left town. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, kiln7 said:

so are you trying to blame all of the other players fore his poor showing ? for an ex super league player i think most thought he should have stud out more than he did, 

me ? no I was in answer to a comment that theres a rumour of a better hooker than CP coming in . I'm not a fan of Howarth as a Hooker either .

Any clue of what days gary?? Dont want to be getting up at 7 oclock every day for no reason!

Sunday afternoon rumour mill says howarth has re-signed and got an ex team mate hooker to sign so either they will spell each other off or howarth is gonna play 7 or 13? Can't see him bringing someone in to replace himself!

Callum was a great runner from dummy half, but his passing wasn’t great, we’ve never replaced matty, not with howarth, and not with Callum, that’s the standard we need from hooker 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

40 minutes ago, wonky said:

Callum was a great runner from dummy half, but his passing wasn’t great, we’ve never replaced matty, not with howarth, and not with Callum, that’s the standard we need from hooker 

Ironically Callum threw the intercepted pass that led to the length of the field try that compounded Scotland's defeat today. Have to agree he is a mazy runner who can bamboozle defences but his link-up play is poor. Micky Higham would do the business !??  

19 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Ironically Callum threw the intercepted pass that led to the length of the field try that compounded Scotland's defeat today. Have to agree he is a mazy runner who can bamboozle defences but his link-up play is poor. Micky Higham would do the business !??  

Is Micky even still playing? 

the older pro's coming to the end of playing , especially from full time clubs would probably be budget busters having been accustomed to a decent wage evey month and will be looking for good paid jobs rather than part time long distance travelling . I think any travellers will be at the younger end like Ryan who after being released are aiming to prove themselves to bigger clubs .

23 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

the older pro's coming to the end of playing , especially from full time clubs would probably be budget busters having been accustomed to a decent wage evey month and will be looking for good paid jobs rather than part time long distance travelling . I think any travellers will be at the younger end like Ryan who after being released are aiming to prove themselves to bigger clubs .

We’ve always seemed to be able to attract those players though, thacks ,Dowes, calderwood, Lupton, howarth, Joseph etc. Don’t get me wrong not everyone has performed to the standard of thacks but we do seem to be able to attract 1 or 2 who are looking to drop down leagues. The likes of higham would also be part of the coaching staff you would think 

3 minutes ago, wonky said:

We’ve always seemed to be able to attract those players though, thacks ,Dowes, calderwood, Lupton, howarth, Joseph etc. Don’t get me wrong not everyone has performed to the standard of thacks but we do seem to be able to attract 1 or 2 who are looking to drop down leagues. The likes of higham would also be part of the coaching staff you would think 

again , it will very much depend on budget and if the local coaching assistants are to be kept or not ? I wouldnt include Howarth as I think he was only 26 when he signed , which is normally a players prime age .

8 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Haven are on the ball , announcing their second pre season fixture tomorrow against another Championship side , Barrow being the first one announced on 28th of Jan . Forster certainly doesnt let any gras grow around him .

Couldn't care or less about forster and haven. More intetested in leon and what he has planned for town. Give him a chance

1 minute ago, town4me said:

Couldn't care or less about forster and haven? More intetested in leon and what he has planned for town. 

part of the long end of season break is the interest in watching who does what and who goes where and how other clubs are preparing . or atleast for some it is .

1 minute ago, Anonymouse said:

part of the long end of season break is the interest in watching who does what and who goes where and how other clubs are preparing . or atleast for some it is .

Fair enough but i suspect most on here will just be interested in seeing who leon adds to the squad and who he  lines up for friendlies. I am sure with his connections we can land a SL friendly. Hopefully a signing or re-signing tommorow.

26 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Haven are on the ball , announcing their second pre season fixture tomorrow against another Championship side , Barrow being the first one announced on 28th of Jan . Forster certainly doesnt let any gras grow around him .

You're starting to sound like a closet jam fan. Mind you there's never been much grass on the wreck. 

Just now, Seaton Sandy said:

You're starting to sound like a closet jam fan. Mind you there's never been much grass on the wreck. 

Ive watched them while towns been away , some times go Barrow games and watch the odd saturday amateur matches . Rugby comes before petty squabbles and silly hatred of close rivals , rivalry can be fun but taken far too serious by others and can be an undermining force for progression .

5 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Ive watched them while towns been away , some times go Barrow games and watch the odd saturday amateur matches . Rugby comes before petty squabbles and silly hatred of close rivals , rivalry can be fun but taken far too serious by others and can be an undermining force for progression .

Nowt wrong with taking other rugby in. No petty squabbling here just more interested in town in the middle of signings and a new coach. 

Archived