2018 Squad

IAmASeatonRanger

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DavidM said:

You do of course have to create the tries first 

And Carl has created a lot of them too as well as scoring a few . Oh--- and I do believe his kicking stats ain't too dusty. Getting on for 1200 points in a Town shirt and you still can't cut him any slack. Buffer is a legend if only for his loyalty and durability - sure he doesn't possess much in the way of "mongrel" but he manages to stay on the park without getting himself banned. 

Good one , looked the part and came through among that small crop of outside backs we bought . Listen , in general it’s all about opinions on what you see  and to me guys like forber and mossop have had their day as first choices . If you want them in the squad fine , but they ain’t gonna give you anything else or show more in facets and skills they’ve often been below par in , and in which we clearly need consistently more . I think we are screaming for new blood , threat , ideas and pace in key creative and strike areas , and if you keep persisting with the same you’ll get the same . Just what I think , everything runs it’s course , it’s no more than that for mine 

Good signing getting scott back on board. Still think it will be a season playing backup FB or wing but he's one that we need on board and nurture through. Like we did with tee.

No doubt that these signings are by the club rather than the coach, which is all well and good keeping local lads here. But I'd like to see some of Leon's players brought in. Players with experience at the level above. Squad building nicely however. Keep it up. 

13 hours ago, snoopdog said:

One to monitor and bring him into the system ,but let the lad gets some experience and mature a little in open age rugby.

Definitely agree there for the future. Let him have a few seasons in the amateur game to work out his own style of play. No point in approaching a young en without being able to offer anything that isn’t on offer at amateur. He had plenty of time to sign in the future. Hopefully he’ll stay injury free and get a tour and then who knows after that

Welcome back Scott but he has got to get some bulk on board,the size of players these days and it's filtering right down the league's. More professional,better diets and scientific advances , some of these wingers are built like second rows. Good luck to you, work hard and rewards will come. 

18 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

Welcome back Scott but he has got to get some bulk on board,the size of players these days and it's filtering right down the league's. More professional,better diets and scientific advances , some of these wingers are built like second rows. Good luck to you, work hard and rewards will come. 

Yeah right because the SL young player of the year is the Massive liam marshall

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

1 hour ago, Gonch said:

Think you'll find it was Oliver gildart that got that award, liam Marshall won the Albert Goldthorpe Rookie of the year award .But sure Scott will give his all 

1 hour ago, Gonch said:

He did say some wingers, not all. Still think even the likes of Liam Marshall carry a bit of extra size than Scott.

Still a nice addition to the squad and hopefully he'll push on again after last years impressive efforts.

I agree with some comments , Scott is rough edged and needs some working on but LP will know how and what he needs to do , there needs to be one or 2 quality outside backs signings to compete with the top 6 or 7 teams in this league as others are adding qualty league 1 level and Championship level players every week .

There’s nothing wrong with saying Scott is undersized and needs to bulk, I’m sure he’ll be more a squad player rather than a starter but he is a bit lightweight at present. But another preseason on the weights will help him out. It’s hard to argue that he’s a bit light when Jjp and Calvert ran over him a good couple of times. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

2 hours ago, plumbob21 said:

i do hope we can sign a new pair of halfbacks forber is too slow now in speed and thought and has had his day new blood required

Just hope that anybody on your wish list can kick goals from all over the park including either touchline. Yep Buffer is becoming a bit of a geriatric liability - must be so if you and the Oracle say so. 

1 hour ago, wonky said:

There’s nothing wrong with saying Scott is undersized and needs to bulk, I’m sure he’ll be more a squad player rather than a starter but he is a bit lightweight at present. But another preseason on the weights will help him out. It’s hard to argue that he’s a bit light when Jjp and Calvert ran over him a good couple of times. 

To be fair Calvert is built like a prop now though..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 10/27/2017 at 6:41 PM, Seaton Sandy said:

Welcome back!   Nothing more heart warming than the return of a prodigal son!! Just goes to show ,nothing is forever ?

Made the mistake of having a browse and just couldn't let the Howarth for hooker advocate go unchallenged. He has a role to play, sure, but we really need to replace CP with similar in my view.

I agree that a top class hooker is essential, hooker is the most influential position on the pitch as everything starts from the ruck, if you watch cameron smith he barely throws a semi bad pass let alone a bad pass, no one ever has to break stride to catch them and it starts the play off on the front foot

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

3 hours ago, Oneday said:

Made the mistake of having a browse and just couldn't let the Howarth for hooker advocate go unchallenged. He has a role to play, sure, but we really need to replace CP with similar in my view.

Think the coach & BOD are aiming higher than similar if the crack is correct pal.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Thought you lot where skint after paying out for Samutt

chappy

you can have the best hooker in the land but if the standard around him is low and the basics not there then he has no real impact , as we saw half back sammut , great signing yet still lost many games and were relegated , there needs to be good basics at the very least around top players in key roles .

Archived