Toronto Wolfpack

Blind side johnny

For information about the fixture and packages sign up here:

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2017/10/31/watch-team-play-toronto-register-interest-now/

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Trips can be booked via either arriva Airways or metro airways

Flight number 268a

Boarding at Wakefield International airport, dewsbury airport, Bradford airport 

Where a transfer shuttle bus with take you odsal (suburb of Toronto) 

Special package is available for all those wishing to take in the pleasures of Canada's premier outpost

The day ticket will cover all travel to the Toronto game including transfer

A special menu you will be available at the game which includes 

Curried moose topped with maple leaf syrup.. For that special Canadian touch

• 1 month later...

Do not forget that there is a new way for rugby league travel

Not Just Travel is the new name for rugby league packages just for the championship clubs.

Prices are great value for money and are offering 3,4,5,7 nights Toronto breaks and also New York and Toronto options.

Get in touch for great deals 

Tel 07860631976

Daniel.dobranski@notjusttravel.com

ABTA K9413 and fully ATOL protected 

Cheers everyone

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 11/5/2017 at 1:24 PM, coolie said:

T

Curried moose topped with maple leaf syrup.. For that special Canadian touch

Hey what are you some type of barbarian; everyone over here knows that moose and maple syrup don't go well together!

Down to only nine home games now with the Halifax match having to be rescheduled, presumably due to the pitch alterations that are underway. Selling season tickets for a block of nine games straight might be a bit more tricky than last season's success.

14 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Hey what are you some type of barbarian; everyone over here knows that moose and maple syrup don't go well together!

You speak French in Canada 

That means frogs & snails & puppy dog tails get munched... And an abundance of horse now Tesco's ready meal sales have dwindled. 

So curried moose and maple leaf syrup should be a gourmet dish. 

Do Canadians do anything more than cut trees down and play ice hockey. 

Last decent thing to come out of Canada was the TV programme called the beachcombers in 1972 :)

4 hours ago, coolie said:

That means frogs & snails & puppy dog tails get munched... And an abundance of horse now Tesco's ready meal sales have dwindled. 

Last decent thing to come out of Canada was the TV programme called the beachcombers in 1972 :)

I know we are just terrible, we lack the elegance and moral turpitude of that cultural icon known as Dewsbury...its many ground shattering  legacies echo throughout the world!

That is why we had to come over there and save your asses in the last two world wars...your gratitude is deafening!

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I know we are just terrible, we lack the elegance and moral turpitude of that cultural icon known as Dewsbury...its many ground shattering  legacies echo throughout the world!

That is why we had to come over there and save your asses in the last two world wars...your gratitude is deafening!

Lol

A sense of humour :)

Do you remember the beachcombers?? 

Looking at Dewsbury today

You'd have been better helping the Germans lol 

Joking apart how do you see the game progressing in Canada?? 

5 hours ago, coolie said:

Oh dear Coolie. Have you ever been to Canada? Fabulous place, fabulous people.   If I was ever to leave Gods own county and emigrate Canada it would be.  There might be some places over there as desperate as Dewsbury but I doubt it. 

53 minutes ago, coolie said:

Lol

A sense of humour :)

Do you remember the beachcombers?? 

Looking at Dewsbury today

You'd have been better helping the Germans lol 

Joking apart how do you see the game progressing in Canada?? 

When you go across on the ferry there are only two places...Sechelt and Gibsons...one road connects them; the Beachcombers was filmed in both but mainly Gibsons...I've eaten at Mollys!...my family owns property in Sechelt...so ya I know it! There are all kinds of people over there that are just like Bruno and Relic!   Generally speaking people either love it or hate it there (I love it).   Probably might move there for retirement some day but gotta talk the wife into it...its a long way from where I live now.  SEA KAYAKING THERE IS SECOND TO NONE AND THATS A FACT!

I don't know anything about Dewsbury but I'm sure I would like it there...I bet they got good beer!

The game is progressing well and the upcoming season is important...last year was great and there is alot of positive energy on this side of the Atlantic...you folks have got to quit worrying over there...expansion can work well over here but it needs to be well planned out with proper benchmarks...we can't get ahead of ourselves.   Being locked into the English League is important for this success (I really don't think it would happen without it).  In the long term/short term I think it brings alot of money, positive energy and opportunities to everyone involved...great chance for the explosive growth so many have waited so long for.

I don't feel that there is any threat from NA expansion for any of the clubs over there...some have problems but these are not caused because of NA expansion...don't you see it?... many of the problems could be solved by NA success!  Its not a process of exclusion but rather inclusion!

The only thing that really troubles me is that many in Rugby League seem to have an inferiority complex or something that folks think doom and gloom is just around the corner (I've researched the history and understand the past failures)...its sort of funny but serious too...

A new dawn is here, a new day for rugby league.  Throw off this negative energy and feel the warmth of the rising sun...this is our time to shine!

100% League, 0% Union (where the hell do I get one of these shirts!)

Kayakman Out

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I think you will find that our asses, donkeys, hinneys and mules had all been saved when you arrived here!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

When you go across on the ferry there are only two places...Sechelt and Gibsons...one road connects them; the Beachcombers was filmed in both but mainly Gibsons...I've eaten at Mollys!...my family owns property in Sechelt...so ya I know it! There are all kinds of people over there that are just like Bruno and Relic!   Generally speaking people either love it or hate it there (I love it).   Probably might move there for retirement some day but gotta talk the wife into it...its a long way from where I live now.  SEA KAYAKING THERE IS SECOND TO NONE AND THATS A FACT!

I don't know anything about Dewsbury but I'm sure I would like it there...I bet they got good beer!

The game is progressing well and the upcoming season is important...last year was great and there is alot of positive energy on this side of the Atlantic...you folks have got to quit worrying over there...expansion can work well over here but it needs to be well planned out with proper benchmarks...we can't get ahead of ourselves.   Being locked into the English League is important for this success (I really don't think it would happen without it).  In the long term/short term I think it brings alot of money, positive energy and opportunities to everyone involved...great chance for the explosive growth so many have waited so long for.

I don't feel that there is any threat from NA expansion for any of the clubs over there...some have problems but these are not caused because of NA expansion...don't you see it?... many of the problems could be solved by NA success!  Its not a process of exclusion but rather inclusion!

The only thing that really troubles me is that many in Rugby League seem to have an inferiority complex or something that folks think doom and gloom is just around the corner (I've researched the history and understand the past failures)...its sort of funny but serious too...

A new dawn is here, a new day for rugby league.  Throw off this negative energy and feel the warmth of the rising sun...this is our time to shine!

100% League, 0% Union (where the hell do I get one of these shirts!)

Kayakman Out

"I don't know anything about Dewsbury but I'm sure I would like it there...I bet they got good beer!"

Bet you wouldn't and bet they don't. The brilliant, vibrant old town I new and loved when we had mining, textile and engineering industries is being strangled to a slow and painful death by the spivs running Kirklees Council (our towns nemesis) - and really you need to go to Ossett for the beer. I wish you guys all the luck in the World with promoting the game in North Americsa, and I reckon you'll make a success of it, but sadly I doubt it will help the game, or the clubs (particularly the Championship ones) over here. Canada is one place I'd love to visit, although it might be a bridge too far now, and please believe me when i say your contributions during our darkest days were more than appreciated.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

"I don't know anything about Dewsbury but I'm sure I would like it there...I bet they got good beer!"

Bet you wouldn't and bet they don't. The brilliant, vibrant old town I new and loved when we had mining, textile and engineering industries is being strangled to a slow and painful death by the spivs running Kirklees Council (our towns nemesis) - and really you need to go to Ossett for the beer. I wish you guys all the luck in the World with promoting the game in North Americsa, and I reckon you'll make a success of it, but sadly I doubt it will help the game, or the clubs (particularly the Championship ones) over here. Canada is one place I'd love to visit, although it might be a bridge too far now, and please believe me when i say your contributions during our darkest days were more than appreciated.

We were glad to help and I wish your town all the best as it faces its challenges...and I bet the beer is still better than here!

Love the quote from Shaw by the way.

11 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I think you will find that our asses, donkeys, hinneys and mules had all been saved when you arrived here!

Not your asses though...my experience has taught me that they were all promoted to your officer corps!

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Not your asses though...my experience has taught me that they were all promoted to your officer corps!

Lions led by donkeys  I think was the phrase - a British tradition since the middle ages. Asses is more biblical, as in "Jesus got off his ass, got on his ass, and hightailed it to Jerusalem" . If you make it over for the match, you will be guaranteed a warm post match welcome in the Royal suite from the South Standers, who will be only too happy to let you buy them a drink. :rolleyes: 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Lions led by donkeys  I think was the phrase - a British tradition since the middle ages. Asses is more biblical, as in "Jesus got off his ass, got on his ass, and hightailed it to Jerusalem" . If you make it over for the match, you will be guaranteed a warm post match welcome in the Royal suite from the South Standers, who will be only too happy to let you buy them a drink. :rolleyes: 

I'm sure they would...probably line right up!

23 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Probably so, as officers are perceived as being members of the upper classes, which see the rest of us as silly asses.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

So, is our match in Toronto definitely going ahead? So far two of their home games have been rescheduled to be played in the UK - how many more might fall by the wayside?

On a genuinely serious note, how will those other clubs with real aspirations of finishing in the top four feel about Toronto and Halifax having the luxury of playing their "away" games in the UK?

On 17/12/2017 at 11:22 AM, Blind side johnny said:

On a genuinely serious note, how will those other clubs with real aspirations of finishing in the top four feel about Toronto and Halifax having the luxury of playing their "away" games in the UK?

Quite (I assume you mean Toulouse and Halifax btw). I raised this on the main forum but it didn't seem to be what was preoccupying people, perhaps understandably. But when there's a funding differential of £250-300k between finishing 4th and 5th, getting to play Toronto in the UK (especially for Fax, who will take enough spectators to make it feel like a home game) rather than flying across the Atlantic with all the disruptions that brings could conceivably be a difference maker.

On 12/17/2017 at 6:22 AM, Blind side johnny said:

So, is our match in Toronto definitely going ahead? So far two of their home games have been rescheduled to be played in the UK - how many more might fall by the wayside?

No more rescheduling...I've got the confirmed final schedule hot off the press from head office in front of me now....Sunday April 15 Away and Sat. June 16 at Home

Looking forward to taking on the Rams...all the best and Merry XMas to all and enjoy the season!

The Pack Is Back!

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

No more rescheduling...I've got the confirmed final schedule hot off the press from head office in front of me now....Sunday April 15 Away and Sat. June 16 at Home

Looking forward to taking on the Rams...all the best and Merry XMas to all and enjoy the season!

The Pack Is Back!

All the best for Xmas and New year  to you too Kayakman, and to all the Wolfpack supporters.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived