Leigh threaten to bar Premier Sports

35 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Nope, and they haven't organised with the Leigh club or any others to get access to the stadium. To bring this discussion back full circle to the original DB tweet, PS need to get in touch between now and 4th Feb if they want to make that happen. Anything other than that, about demanding money, or blocking filming, or who has an agreement with who is conjecture. 

How soon before a televised match would Sky get in touch to sort out logistics?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

In some cases less than a week before.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I certainly don't take you seriously,2 things I don't like,bad ale and gobby kids.

I shall manage to sleep.

I still love you very much :D

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

3 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Maybe these clubs could set up their own breakaway competition. That would be interesting.

Maybe they could be really innovative and abide by the contracts, and operating rules that they have signed up to and benefited from. 

Until notified about any deal with Premier by the RFL, allowing them in to televise the game could be seen to be contravening the contract?

Personally I think this will be sorted out quite quickly,at which point,the gobby kids will be croning "we told you so" when the truth of all this is its speculation,nowhere has "the Derek" said premier is banned and if you think he did then I suggest you take reading lessons

5 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Maybe these clubs could set up their own breakaway competition. That would be interesting.

Maybe they could be really innovative and abide by the contracts, and operating rules that they have signed up to and benefited from. 

Apparently, there is no evidence that have signed up.

We all imagined it.

Or you just hate Leigh.

:D

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 minute ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Personally I think this will be sorted out quite quickly,at which point,the gobby kids will be croning "we told you so" when the truth of all this is its speculation,nowhere has "the Derek" said premier is banned and if you think he did then I suggest you take reading lessons

It has mate.  All sorted.

But you "grown ups" have your hands over your ears and are stomping your feet saying "Can't hear you!  Don't care!"

Because you are grown up.

1 minute ago, phiggins said:

Until notified about any deal with Premier by the RFL, allowing them in to televise the game could be seen to be contravening the contract?

Suggest you peruse information about this earlier in the thread

7 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

In some cases less than a week before.

Four years.

Or you just hate Leigh.

2 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Let's hope it works out that way for the benefit of all concerned

1 minute ago, Bob8 said:

It has mate.  All sorted.

But you "grown ups" have your hands over your ears and are stomping your feet saying "Can't hear you!  Don't care!"

Because you are grown up.

Think you proved my point,mate.

Just now, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Think you proved my point,mate.

I know you are!

I said you are!  So what am I!

5 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Suggest you peruse information about this earlier in the thread

Which information in particular?

Have heard that Premier have bought the rights from Sky, they've bought the rights from the RFL, bought them from TWP. Not seen any reference to any confirmation of anything from the RFL.

That said, I would expect this confirmation to be there. My post that you quoted just suggested that official creditation would come from RFL channels more official than Premier's Twitter feed or League Express, and without which, Sky would be the only broadcaster allowed to televise games. More a point about the RFLs comms than anything else.

3 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Have heard that Premier have bought the rights from Sky, they've bought the rights from the RFL, bought them from TWP. Not seen any reference to any confirmation of anything from the RFL.

That said, I would expect this confirmation to be there. My post that you quoted just suggested that official creditation would come from RFL channels more official than Premier's Twitter feed or League Express, and without which, Sky would be the only broadcaster allowed to televise games. More a point about the RFLs comms than anything else.

You are right.

There is nothing to see.

Ignore us, we just hate Leigh and are being mean.

5 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Check back through the thread. The information has been provided on at least two posts.

Just now, Bob8 said:

You are right.

There is nothing to see.

Ignore us, we just hate Leigh and are being mean.

Please point me to any official confirmation of what agreement is in place between the RFL, Premier sports and possibly Sky. I haven't read all 30 odd pages, so could easily have missed it.

Also - Stop being such a child

I will offer a truce.

It could be:
1) A really one sided thread in which a handful of Leigh fans are having to maintain everyone hates them

or

2) It is really confusing and the Sky TV money is nothing to do with a contract and just so clubs can buy TV sets and a Netflix accound.

Shall we just agree that there is no way this mystery will be resolved? 

2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I will offer a truce.

It could be:
1) A really one sided thread in which a handful of Leigh fans are having to maintain everyone hates them

or

2) It is really confusing and the Sky TV money is nothing to do with a contract and just so clubs can buy TV sets and a Netflix accound.

Shall we just agree that there is no way this mystery will be resolved? 

Or 

3) Nothing to do with Sky, just an agreement between RFL and Premier, which they haven't bothered to tell clubs about.

Lets try a different example to see if we can get this to sink in.

Sky have the rights to show all of Catalans home games in the UK, Sky will only take up that option ( but they don't have to) if Catalan get a TV deal with a French TV company from which they can take the feed. Despite having the rights Sky will not be producing the broadcast.

Sky have the rights to show championship matches, they choose not to produce a broadcast themselves for this, however as in the Catalan example, if the RFL can strike a deal with a 3rd party to produce the broadcast then they will have an option to take a feed or just let the third party get on with it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

Sky have the rights to show all of Catalans home games in the UK, Sky will only take up that option ( but they don't have to) if Catalan get a TV deal with a French TV company from which they can take the feed. Despite having the rights Sky will not be producing the broadcast.

Sky have the rights to show championship matches, they choose not to produce a broadcast themselves for this, however as in the Catalan example, if the RFL can strike a deal with a 3rd party to produce the broadcast then they will have an option to take a feed or just let the third party get on with it.

So have the rfl dealt directly with premier, or have Sky sold / given away rights to an existing agreement?

28 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

At the end of the day this isn't about Leigh or Toronto, its about the RFL not even consulting clubs on the issue. The RFL is nominated to get the best deal possible for the member clubs. In this instance they appear not to have done so, in fact it could be argued that they have given a non-member preference over the members. The real issue here isn't about whether Leigh v Toronto gets televised, the deeper issue is about the RFL failing in it's obligations to it's members.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

Catalans haven't negotiated a deal for use of other clubs stadiums though which is where your example falls apart. Whether sky own the rights or not still hasn't been confirmed by anyone. Some are arguing sky brokered a deal with ps such as yourself, others say it was the rfl directly because sky only own rights to some championship games. The fact that this issue has arisen is a joke on all sides and why this hasn't been communicated with any of the championship clubs at any of the meetings is ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Derwent said:

At the end of the day this isn't about Leigh or Toronto, its about the RFL not even consulting clubs on the issue. The RFL is nominated to get the best deal possible for the member clubs. In this instance they appear not to have done so, in fact it could be argued that they have given a non-member preference over the members. The real issue here isn't about whether Leigh v Toronto gets televised, the deeper issue is about the RFL failing in it's obligations to it's members.

The RFL has been able to get matches on TV and therefore national exposure. How is that a bad deal?  Some inventive clubs could even use it to make money more out of sponsorships.

Archived