Sign in to follow this  
Maximus Decimus

The Culture Wars

49 minutes ago, slowdive said:

What does SJW stand for?

Kept wondering that myself.  My brain kept saying Sonny Jill Williams !!!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Three out of the five are still ladies you can get all excited about. Including a very fine redhead.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Three out of the five are still ladies you can get all excited about. Including a very fine redhead.

That’s not the issue. There’s a hidden message here that there’s no place for the straight white male in the “diverse” world of the leftist 

3 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I bet you got all red faced and shouty when F1 got rid of Pit Girls and the Sun dropped the Page 3 Stunna didn't you.

There is literally nowhere a man can go in this modern world to see a fine figure of a woman.

Batman_v_Superman_-_Wonder_Woman.jpg

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

That’s not the issue. There’s a hidden message here that there’s no place for the straight white male in the “diverse” world of the leftist 

You can flog your straight white log to 60% of them.

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I bet you got all red faced and shouty when F1 got rid of Pit Girls and the Sun dropped the Page 3 Stunna didn't you.

Actually it was a hilarious moment as it presented  another opportunity for me to call out and expose hypocrisy of the left and feminists. Aren’t these feminists supposed to support women no matter which profession they decide to pursue yet they had a problem with pit girls? Shows how much full of poop these feminists are 

Just now, Yorkshire Knight said:

Fake news never wins! CNN going down the gutter

35A3836F-D910-4126-BB6E-AB4463F59C14.jpeg

My picture is better.

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Just more double standards and hypocrisy from leftist feminists 

Blimey how many weeks late?  Is your mothers wifi getting slow?  

No one at all took issue with Allibhai-brown...I mean no one apart from all those leftist who took a strip off her.  It's almost like there are a wide number of views and issues and the 'left' isn't some conformist blob.  

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Fake news never wins! CNN going down the gutter

35A3836F-D910-4126-BB6E-AB4463F59C14.jpeg

Ah Tucker, keeping the plebs in their place.  He doesn't wear the bow tie much anymore?  Maybe its too elitist?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

4 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

No one at all took issue with Allibhai-brown...I mean no one apart from all those leftist who took a strip off her.  It's almost like there are a wide number of views and issues and the 'left' isn't some conformist blob.  

Those sort of radical views and double standards are widely held on the left

4 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Ah Tucker, keeping the plebs in their place.  He doesn't wear the bow tie much anymore?  Maybe its too elitist?

The people have spoken! They reject fake news CNN 

5 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Yes. The first I saw it was when it was being attacked by *multiple* (and I mean *multiple*) people who YK would call leftists.

Oddly, I haven't seen anyone on the right have a proper issue with it.

Plus, I'd be very comfortable making the argument that Yasmin herself isn't very 'left'.

49 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

They're not being painted on the starboard sides?  Outrageous, what will these beancounters think of next.

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, Yorkshire Knight said:

It’s really not about the click bait though. You got to understand that the American left views everything through race, sexuality or gender. They also apply selective racism and discrimination so it’s perfectly acceptable to write disparaging articles targeting a whole race if they are white 

I doubt that is what I , " .... got to understand." It was about click bait and eliciting a response.

I am aware of the idiocies of aspects of identity  politics of the left and right.

6 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

The people have spoken! They reject fake news CNN 

For what, Fox News?

There is no bigger indication of how people have jumped off the edge of reason than when they think Fox News is suddenly the bastion of truth. 

6 hours ago, gingerjon said:

There is literally nowhere a man can go in this modern world to see a fine figure of a woman.

Thank you for posting! ? 

• Like 1

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

This (to me at least) is an interesting article regards 'tribute acts' in the #metoo era.

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2019/apr/05/too-toxic-to-touch-tribute-acts-in-the-age-of-metoo?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

So many tribute bands around these days (far too many to me at least but that's another discussion) that this will be an issue that will stay with us for a while as other artists get exposed over time.

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

White American leftist women are seriously ridiculous. Probably the most privileged demographic in the developed world but act like the biggest victims. Someone needs to tell white American leftist women that they are not victims

6F97BFA3-BD1A-4E08-8210-BF4B5BAC31BB.jpeg

About as ridiculous as when an airline decides it’s not going to paint only white women on their planes any more claiming it’s really an attack on white men. ?

On 4/4/2019 at 4:17 PM, Yorkshire Knight said:

I like those new logos. I didn't object to the previous logo and I wouldn't have had any problem if they had not decided to change it. However, since they themselves want to introduce some new ones, I'm happy to comment on them and say that I like them. I'd happily get on a Virgin plane with any of those logos on it. My favourite would be the one with the rainbow shorts, because I like the colours.

• Like 1