Featherstone Lions

Dave Naylor

Potential banana skin this, they're a good side. I do think our pack and pitch will have a big say in the result. Were it at their place I think we'd have a tough afternoon in the offing. 

I think our ruck speed should be a bit too much for them, though it could be tight for the first 10-15  mins 

Agree with comments above, they'll come out and try and rattle the Yeds but the pace of the pitch will be their undoing. If we play at the pace we did against Keighley, we'll be safely into the round 4 draw. Just mustn't be complacent. 

Absolutely MR, I'm sure we will show Fev Lions the respect they deserve. Wouldn't be surprised to see some changes from last week,Spanner out of course but I'm thinking something like...... Johnson,West,McComb,Rasool,Neild,Crook,Hewitt,Joy, Hughes,Nelmes,Bent, Bridge,Briscoe. Subs.Langers,Wilko,Jones,Reid.

Absolutely no disrespect to the amateurs but that team should have enough firepower to get a result.Rotating the squad and giving the lads not picked last week a chance to shine.

Should be a good game,looking forward to it.

Up the Yeds!

Good strong squad selected, not taking the opposition likely. And giving the fev lions total respect...... Off to see Moz tonight in Dave's neck of the woods and as a trade Mrs Clifford is being taken out tomorrow so I'll will have to watch the re run on YouTube 

16 minutes ago, SpotTheBall85 said:

Impressed with what I saw today. Kyran Johnson looks like a more than able replacement for Lepori and we actually have someone who can kick a goal in Paul Crook. Squad looks stronger than last year and with more depth. Excited about this season.

Totally agree, nice for Rasool to show his pace too... 

Our front rowers are going to cause trouble for teams that's for sure. 

Danny Bridge has really shown how good he's going to be as has Adam Jones

I don't think the Featherstone Lions fans would agree but I also thought the referee and his assistants did very well. They worked well together and the ref was tough when he had to be and was prepared to just talk to the players when needed and let them just get on with the game. 

As for Oldham it was an improvement on the Whitehaven performance with some good movement and well taken tries. Reason to look forward to the next few weeks.

364 yesterday, 743 last year against Haydock.

Featherstone brought a fair amount of people, certainly more than 64.  In 2015 we played Coventry at the same stage of the competition and 256 souls turned up, I suppose not many from Coventry.

Pity really, this is a good team and we're going to have some fun this year on that fast surface.  Maybe watching millionaires fall over in the penalty box is seen as a more entertaining sport for some reason lost on me.

Johnson-0 tackles. one miss. one offload. 16 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist.  14 carries=218m

Eccleston-4 tackles. one miss. 4 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 8 carries=95m

Holmes-20 tackles. one miss. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 12 carries=92m

McComb-17 tackles. one miss. one offload. 6 tackle busts. one try assist. 15 carries=70m

West-8 tackles. 10 tackle busts. 6 clean breaks. one try assist. 13 carries=186m

Crook-8 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 3 tackle busts. one try assist. 5 carries=19m

Hewitt-8 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 4 carries=0m

Joy-21 tackles.  4 tackle busts. one clean break. 16 carries=141m

Hughes-15 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. one try assist. 3 carries=16m

Neal-19 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 16 carries=74m

Bridge-22 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 7 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 16 carries=90m

Langtree-14 tackles. 2 misses. 9 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 13 carries=92m

Bent-35 tackles. 3 tackle busts. 13 carries=48m

subs

Jones-17 tackles. 2 misses. 4 carries=26m

Nelmes-16 tackles. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. 16 carries=110m

Rasool-12 tackles. 5 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 4 carries=19m

Wilkinson-22 tackles. one try assist. 5 carries=27m

Langtree and Bridge outstanding as usual but Johnson and West's stats are phenomenal.

Archived