Challenge Cup Run

Krzzystuff

So our journey in the Challenge Cup (CC) starts again in 2018!

Last year we started in the 3rd round vs. Sidal and we did make it to the 5th round and got knocked out by Salford, 9th round is the final

This year we are starting this weekend in the 4th round....how far do people think we will go and do they want to see us go on a deep run? Does anyone not want us to be in the Cup games to allow us to focus on the league and promotion instead?

Personally I love the cup game and let's be honest the Cup is by far the nicest looking trophy out there...look at it below...##### is hot!!!!

image.png.717333e33f7b7e8d37756903195207e3.png

I would like us to make a deep run into the cup as it should give us exposure vs SL teams and get us hardened for the qualifiers. We're facing one of the three remaining community teams so unless there is another mud bowl and some horseshoes in dark paces we should be making it to the 5th round to potentially face a top 4 team from last years qualifiers.

I'm thinking we will make it to the 6th round and push for making the semis. I would love to win the thing or make the final but would be more than happy with a semifinal appearance.

what does the rest of the pack think? 

Kman i known...we will win vs. the might Rhino and be top of the food chain :clapping:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

So our journey in the Challenge Cup (CC) starts again in 2018!

image.png.717333e33f7b7e8d37756903195207e3.png

Kman i known...we will win vs. the might Rhino and be top of the food chain :clapping:

She is a beauty and did you notice the similarities to the statue at the top of the trophy and the statue in top of the Princess gates to the CNE?...come home to Mama, come to Toronto where you belong.

53 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Jealousy is an ugly emotion Kman.

Not jealous, I'm not that type of person at all, just a factual statement....sure would like to see that trophy in TWP's possession though.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

She is a beauty and did you notice the similarities to the statue at the top of the trophy and the statue in top of the Princess gates to the CNE?...come home to Mama, come to Toronto where you belong.

K-man....."Princes"....not Princess.  The Brits are sticklers for accuracy.

6 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

I know the answer is c ) Both so what would everyone's second option be for best outcome for the season:

a ) Promotion to SL

b ) Win Challenge Cup

Since promotion to SL could be granted to the Qualifiers top 6 or not at all even if they finish first, I'd say the Cup, but I doubt it.

The best realistic outcome is a Cup Semi televised on CBC TV and a finish in the Top 2 to get 2 SL teams at Lamport.

Toronto WP's in the cup will depend on the draw they get. I can't see them getting past most SL teams so if they want go far, they need some luck with the draw. However as DP says, it mustn't become a distraction to getting into SL.  

As Parky says “Run with the pack” or is that Kman? Can't remember now. ;)

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

48 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

They are one and the same aren't they?

This Brexit stuff must be making you folks real delusional over there...easy now...easy...

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

Apologies if i've missed this somewhere but are all TWP challenge cup games being played away or can TWP be drawn "at home" at a neutral stadium in England? 

Last season any "home" Challenge Cup games were due to be played at the stadium next to the Etihad but I'm not sure what happens this year.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Last season any "home" Challenge Cup games were due to be played at the stadium next to the Etihad but I'm not sure what happens this year.

lats season we were always away, no mater if we were drawn as the home team or not, haven't heard of any changes this year.  Believe that was a 2-3 year arrangement?

Archived