Whitehaven

Blind side johnny

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

When I saw the squad I knew we would lose. This isn't being disrespectful to those who played but there were so many making their season's debut that cohesion and structure must have been difficult to say the least. Let's hope that at least a couple of them got the chance to impress the coaching staff ahead of next week's much easier task.

I get why Ned did it, I really do, I mean we were on a hiding to nothing. However, I can't see that letting the fringe players know exactly where they stand in the pecking order, will be doing  much for their morale. I bet the changing room, pre-match was hardly buzzing with enthusiasm and commitment given the circumstances, the weather, and the suspicion that most of them were regarded as canon fodder by the coaching staff. Thing is, if we had won, and drawn Saints or Wigan at home in a later round, and they had sent over a team of fringe and Academy players, we would we whinging on this forum about the lack of respect shown to the Championship, and the disdain with which the CC was being treated. Just saying.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I did not go to the match but thought that the our team was good enough to do the business.  Can anybody who went tell me why we lost ?  Was it heavy going on the pitch / lack of cohesion due to " fringe players as some suggest / or lack of effort ?  The result was very disapointing to me - I thought we were better than that. Incidentally , there were only 4 players that I would class as fringe players or new faces  so we need to improve quickly.

I didn't go either, but was away with family commitments (and next weekend too), but I am not surprised with the defeat. Unless we get SL clubs playing from the first round (proper as it used to be called) there is no real attraction in the CC as we are unlikely to make any money in that competition because clubs st our level will never get very far. 

I think we have to consider the money available for finishing the highest we can in the league. 

Still disappointed we lost though. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

The pitch was spot on and conditions good. I felt Kelly’s comments pre game were perhaps an indication of getting your excuses in early! Good luck in the Championship for the rest of the season, hopefully we might join you next season.

4 hours ago, Marrafan said:

The pitch was spot on and conditions good. I felt Kelly’s comments pre game were perhaps an indication of getting your excuses in early! Good luck in the Championship for the rest of the season, hopefully we might join you next season.

Congrats. to Whitehaven on a good win.I hope they get a draw so they might make some money.

I'll keep saying all the established clubs york ,doni, cumbrian clubs and the rest should be in one league.

The championship is not a fair level playing field with some clubs full time and some with lots of dollars and euroes.

the emerging clubs should be in one league maybe playing against second teams as well.

What on earth is the good of bradford beating that welsh club like they did. 

7 hours ago, silcoates said:

Congrats. to Whitehaven on a good win.I hope they get a draw so they might make some money.

I'll keep saying all the established clubs york ,doni, cumbrian clubs and the rest should be in one league.

The championship is not a fair level playing field with some clubs full time and some with lots of dollars and euroes.

the emerging clubs should be in one league maybe playing against second teams as well.

What on earth is the good of bradford beating that welsh club like they did. 

Yeah deserved the win did Whitehaven 

They might draw Halifax in the next round...... 

Oh wait ;)

Archived