Whitehaven

Blind side johnny

Well, it is Saturday and nobody has posted a prediction for tomorrow's game. Aren't the fans bothered or is it just another symptom of Challenge Cup ennui ?

I predict that we will field a side composed of some of our fringe players sprinkled amongst the regulars. Anyone carrying a recent knock of just a load of aches and pains can expect a rest this weekend. Will this be good enough to beat Whitehaven on their ground, or are we not too bothered. Given the lack of news coming out of the club then maybe it is the latter - we never make any money from the CC after all, so possibly the sooner that we are out the less that it will cost us. Who knows?

Even with a weakened side we should be good enough to compete and possibly win, but it will likely be close. Haven have had some poor results lately and their players will have something to prove.

Haven 18 - 22 Rams

Att: 625

FTS: Hallett

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Hard to predict this week as we don't know our 17,and we probably won't get to know it till about 2-45 tomorrow. Does anyone know if Danny Ansell can play tomorrow? Or will we see Speakman and Knowles in the halfback's.

Any I think we can sneak a narrow win.

Rams 18

Haven 14

FTS Guzdek

Mom Day

Att 436

I suspect that Guzdek might get a rest tomorrow.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

My concern is another Cumbrian game called off a few hours before kick off

Costing another sizeable chunk of wasted money. 

Weather predictions over night are bad

With the temperature not getting above freezing point here and in Cumbria. 

4 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Good luck getting to haven today! Will probably be the worlds longest route Stay safe

Workington vs London 

At least the London fans can get a taxi to Workington 

And even have room for a couple of hitchhikers on the way ;)

17 hours ago, coolie said:

My concern is another Cumbrian game called off a few hours before kick off

Costing another sizeable chunk of wasted money. 

Weather predictions over night are bad

With the temperature not getting above freezing point here and in Cumbria. 

All three Cumbria games are going ahead. (I'm stopping at home staying warm.)

48 minutes ago, NickD said:

At least the Doggies are out too...

Classy

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Lol bit desperate

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, NickD said:

No disrespect to Whitehaven but I think I'd have preferred to go out at home to Leigh than Whitehaven away,at least Batley should have made a slight profit, we'll have probably made a loss. Anyway gives both club's chance to concentrate on the top 4?

16 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

No disrespect to Whitehaven but I think I'd have preferred to go out at home to Leigh than Whitehaven away,at least Batley should have made a slight profit, we'll have probably made a loss. Anyway gives both club's chance to concentrate on the top 4?

Not with 606 at the mount ?

17 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Not with 606 at the mount graham ?

7 minutes ago, JimbobRam said:

Not with 606 at the mount graham ?

Defo funny enough to post twice imo...

Tough trip to Whitehaven and wouldn't have fancied it myself even London struggled 

Anyway we want to concentrate on our top four place...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Very Very Sad state though.Those of us old enough to remember this wonderful competition in it's hey day commanding great crowds. The buzz when the CC came around was fantastic. It's been devalued and will eventually die a death.:sleep:

27 minutes ago, JimbobRam said:

Not with 606 at the mount ?

I guess Maths isn't one or your strong points ?.....

192 x approx. £15 =

and no diesel to pay for

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

3 hours ago, JimbobRam said:

Disspointing result today, should be beating teams like Whitehaven, despite the changes we made. 

When I saw the squad I knew we would lose. This isn't being disrespectful to those who played but there were so many making their season's debut that cohesion and structure must have been difficult to say the least. Let's hope that at least a couple of them got the chance to impress the coaching staff ahead of next week's much easier task.

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Defo funny enough to post twice imo...

Tough trip to Whitehaven and wouldn't have fancied it myself even London struggled 

Anyway we want to concentrate on our top four place...

Top four don’t make me laugh ?

Was there really only 606 at the mount?? 

Wonder why Leigh only brought 500

Weather must have been bad in Lancashire ;)

Joking apart its a pretty poor show for the challenge Cup games. 

I still say and main it's gotta be a open draw from from round 1 to add some magic back to the trophy 

It feels like the super league clubs come in at the quarter final stage

Magic has gone for the little clubs

Archived