3 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Bit naughty of Hearn to schedule a PPV clash like this even if he claims there was no other date. 

However, I've spoke before about how IMO there is something a bit unsatisfying about two little fellas who can't knock each other out. Warrington has only a 22% KO rate.

Whyte-Chisora has genuine beef and I'm intrigued as to which Chisora will turn up; also has Whyte improved a lot in the last two years?

I suspect they're building up to a rematch between Whyte and AJ. All of a sudden from being cordial they're now sledging each other again, Whyte especially. 

I think Whyte is obviously being built up as a potential opponent for Joshua in April despite the fact that not much has changed since they last fought.

Whyte was clinging on in the last round against Joseph Parker and although he showed great heart against Chisora the first time around, it was a messy unconvincing brawl.  

His other fights have been against pretty average opponents in truth. 

A classic fight between Warrington and Frampton deservedly won on points by the Leeds man.

It was a real war and Frampton showed incredible resilience when Warrington swarmed all over him in the early rounds.

Warrington’s excellent conditioning meant he was able to sustain a level of intensity that Frampton struggled to match although he too had his moments.

Think another stadium fight next year is on the cards or a Vegas trip to try and unify the division.

Warrington Frampton was a good fight . In many ways a typical lower weight fight with two guys going hammer n tongs throwing endlessly but without the power to really hurt each other so destined for 12 rounds . Warrington was busier , bustled Frampton around and was the aggressor and harder hitter on the front foot most of the time . Frampton stuck in and had his moments but lately he’s just looked a shadow of what he was . He used to be a dynamo but it looks a little slower and more sluggish now . I like Warrington he makes the most of what he has  .

White and Del Boy was more of the same from last time . Del Boy does what he always does , but tbh I wasn’t that impressed with White . He made that a real effort which bodes ill for world title fights . Josh will blow him away again on that , although he deserves his shot . No contender has ever done more to get a shot than him .

On the subject of Sky , they really are juvenile . Their boxing coverage online completely ignored Frampton-Warrington before and after ... if it ain’t on Sky it ain’t sky sports news . And they need to get rid of Macklin , rubbish commentator and unbelievably biased to any British fighter to embarrassing levels . Why they need two teams of comms for one night is bizarre . Malignaggi though is a good laugh , says what he thinks and knows what he’s talking about 

Just now, Maximus Decimus said:

Mayweather is due to fight this Japanese MMA fighter today but is hours late and looks like he might not show... 

How many millions will he lose if there is s no show?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Mayweather is due to fight this Japanese MMA fighter today but is hours late and looks like he might not show... 

What a confusing farce that’s all been . It seems both camps were even confused about what it all entails . 

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

How many millions will he lose if there is s no show?

He's there now. There was a lot of panic though because with it being new years there is a time it has to be over. 

They just had an intermission of like 90 minutes on the broadcast. 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

What a confusing farce that’s all been . It seems both camps were even confused about what it all entails . 

I still think there is. It is 3 x 3 minute rounds of boxing but the Mayweather camp felt the need to reiterate there is a $5m penalty for a kick. 

11 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I still think there is. It is 3 x 3 minute rounds of boxing but the Mayweather camp felt the need to reiterate there is a $5m penalty for a kick. 

Yeh I read that the Japanese guy wanted to do a genuine job on him but had to have it reiterated it was ‘ entertainment ‘

1 minute ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Hard to imagine it will but will this be Mayweather's inevitable step too far?

If it is Boxing only, he's still got enough, I reckon.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Well that was weird. 

At this stage in his career, Mayweather doesn't need to take fights he has a chance of losing, I suppose.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

From Twitter: Floyd Mayweather unsurprisingly defeats Tenshin Nasukawa in 139 seconds... That means he earned around $64,748 per second he was in the fight!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

From Twitter: Floyd Mayweather unsurprisingly defeats Tenshin Nasukawa in 139 seconds... That means he earned around $64,748 per second he was in the fight!

And there was me about to ask ‘ what is the point ? ‘

Just to change the subject slightly:

Fight of the Year 2018?

Shortlist of contenders for me in no particular order:

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury: Fury’s Lazarus impression

Dillian Whyte vs Joseph Parker: Whyte clings on in the final round

Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin: Great finish by AJ 

Josh Warrington vs Carl Frampton: Leeds man swarms all over Frampton early on

Tony Bellew vs Oleksandr Usyk: The Bomber bombed out by a cracking finish

Gennady Golovkin vs Saul Alvarez: Canelo backs up the great Triple G at times

Callum Smith vs George Groves:  Brutal showing by the Liverpudlian

Dereck Chisora vs Carlos Takam: Unbelievable take out by Del Boy

Vasiliy Lomachenko vs Jorge Linares: Two legends in great boxing action

Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz: Great heart shown by Wilder in a real test

If I had to pick my favourite five:

1. Wilder vs Fury

2. Smith vs Groves

3. Loma vs Linares

4. Golovkin vs Alvarez 

5. Joshua vs Povetkin

I think Fury’s recovery to beat the count from that final round knockdown against Wilder will live very long in the memory.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Damien said:

Mayweather certainly knows how to make money anyway.

If it is like last time, I expect there will soon be hundreds of MMA fans claiming it was a dubious decision and that Mayweather actually lost.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014