Toronto v Swinton - Relocated

On 4/10/2018 at 11:16 PM, GUBRATS said:

It does seem strange after posting 7 K attendances to move a game ( the 1 st of the season at home ) to a venue with close to half that capacity 

Especially when Hamilton is not much further away and that is where the next of team is supposed to be playing. However, if as rumoured Mr Perez has left and Hamilton is his baby, why would David Argyle be bothered about that?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, JoneslessBishop said:

It’s pretty temporary Tre. They are not going to do this every year

It's a sensitive time early in their existence, and having no home games at all for the first half of the season and then moving games as well i think isn't great. I speak as a London Broncos supporter who's seen the damage that can be done to a clubs image with these kind of issues.  You need stability and predictability.

19 minutes ago, JoneslessBishop said:

Especially when Hamilton is not much further away and that is where the next of team is supposed to be playing. However, if as rumoured Mr Perez has left and Hamilton is his baby, why would David Argyle be bothered about that?

I would imagine the reason for moving the game it Fletcher's is to keep the costs low.  It Doesn't make sense to rent a 25k stadium like Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton when you only expect 7k to attend.  I think playing the match at Fletcher's is a good move by the Wolfpack and it will allow them to sell the brand to the existing rugby community in Toronto.

I just watched highlights from NRL round 5 and the "back-up" stadium where they played Titans-SeaEagles seems ridiculously small. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marley_Brown_Oval

Marley Brown Oval pictured in 2017.

Just a small 1,000 grandstand, and yet they got an NRL game with a 5,000+ crowd.

I know TWP don't have Titans budget to get that many extra stands, but still they can boost it well enough.

2 hours ago, manu266 said:

I just watched highlights from NRL round 5 and the "back-up" stadium where they played Titans-SeaEagles seems ridiculously small. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marley_Brown_Oval

Marley Brown Oval pictured in 2017.

Just a small 1,000 grandstand, and yet they got an NRL game with a 5,000+ crowd.

I know TWP don't have Titans budget to get that many extra stands, but still they can boost it well enough.

Can't recall there being an outcry in Australia when the game was  taken  there.

5 hours ago, JoneslessBishop said:

http://www.libertyvillagetoronto.com/will-lamport-stadiums-renovations-be-done-in-time-for-wolfpacks-opening-game

some interest numbers in this article.

£16K would that be to use the stadium last year?

Archived