TO Derby 2.0!

Krzzystuff

It's the kick off of a massive two weeks for TWP and the Championships top 4 race this Magical weekend.

Toulouse were extremely strong against us last time out and we needed some magical plays for Sex on Legs to come out with the win. Will the ill discipline creep in again after the game vs. Warrington or will the boys react and put in a compete performance to extend our lead on the chasing pack? Fev vs. Leigh this weekend as well and then next week we're playing our reserves team (Leigh) while London play Toulouse and Fax play Fev.

In all honesty if we get points in the next two games and we come back home on top of the Champ it's smooth sailing to the qualifiers.

I'm taking a win by 12 for TWP and no clean sheet for us as those are a thing of the past it seems. Will we get to see the newest signing in action this week?

On 5/16/2018 at 5:17 PM, Michael1812 said:

Is this being shown at the three Brewers?

i think I'll have to make due with any highlights I can find on YouTube. 

Might be too early for 3 Brewers to open this week.  Kick off is 8:30am according to SportsNet Now, but 7:45am according to the TWP website.   

I'm sure the game against Leigh, on May 26, will have a good viewing party at the 3 Brewers. That kick off is 2:30pm.

Anyone else worried our backline defending? Especially later in games. It's going to need to improve before playing SL teams.

The 8s are going to be tougher than many seem to think. The main problem is that there isn't a SL team that is cut adrift and getting hammered every week. It seems that there is parity among the bottom five teams in SL.  Leigh are probably at about the same level too. That means that, during the 8s, teams will all be taking points off each other. It's going to be very interesting.

3 hours ago, ojx said:

Anyone else worried our backline defending? Especially later in games. It's going to need to improve before playing SL teams.

The 8s are going to be tougher than many seem to think. The main problem is that there isn't a SL team that is cut adrift and getting hammered every week. It seems that there is parity among the bottom five teams in SL.  Leigh are probably at about the same level too. That means that, during the 8s, teams will all be taking points off each other. It's going to be very interesting.

Agree with much of that. However, the form of Wakefield suggests there are 6 now involved in the SL shake-up. They have fallen off alarmingly lately.

Leigh haven't made the 4 yet. TWP need to beat them twice. Do that and they need to go unbeaten for the rest of the year to even be certain to get there.

I would also not discount the other two Championship sides picking up wins too, especially at home. (Though I can't see them winning enough to get promoted). Almost anything could happen. Each SL side involved is a very decent side when playing well and at full strength. But they won't always be.

As for your defence late in games. Well this will happen when a team doesn't keep 13 on the pitch for the whole game.

6 hours ago, ojx said:

The TWP aren’t playing up to SL standard for the whole game. However, sometimes better opposition lifts your game. Some teams thrash lesser sides then stumble when they hit better teams. I think the TWP has a stronger case they will lift when the tougher games come than say London. However, your concern is valid. We will find out in the 8's.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Archived