Whitehaven Shortfall

Hate the rec

Thinks it time to bite the bullet and go for the merger.....both clubs are clearly not viable businesses anymore! Maybe together as a West Cumbrian entity it would be. 1500ish crowds possible double funding from RFL. I feel we may not have a side in the area if things don’t change. 5years tops 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Not disagreeing with you Bomber. As I said it should never have got to this. They have known for 18 months or so now that there was no sponsor for this year. As Directors they should have addressed that situation.

At least we agree on something then marra.but to play the innocent victim card does not wash with me,haven over guesstimated their crowds by some considerable margin and did not cut their cloth accordingly.then want everyone to bail them out ,great management by your shambles of a bod.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, Billy Bob said:

We are no better off every team in champ 1 is struggling for money and if we do not achieve promotion this year will we struggling ?

As for rumors I was told this week by an electricians that we owe there company £1200-00 and they cannot get it, so lets not revel in  the jambo's downfall as we do not know whats around the corner.

Asked a director about this this morning and he knows nothing about it. Either you’ve been misinformed or have an adventurous imagination Billy?

Billy liar perhaps?

Speaking to a local scaffolding businessman yesterday who has sponsored both Town and Haven, although as a whitehaven local he’s been a major contributor to haven over the last 10 years. 

He is very reluctant to put anymore money in until the current chairman stands down, but reserved judgment on other board members. 

As I understand it Town look to balance income with expenditure so are viable as a business. Town were very obviously restructuring finances  last season to get in a better place after loss of sponsors and relegation. Haven have carried on for 3 years regardless as they have admitted so are not viable. 

I notice that a new director has signed a letter of intent re joining the board of haven. He has/will inject substantial funds into haven. I am assuming these funds are coming from his personal resources as his company appears  to have a deficit in shareholder funds from the last balance sheet published at companies house! 

foggieraider13.gif

2 hours ago, Rango said:

Asked a director about this this morning and he knows nothing about it. Either you’ve been misinformed or have an adventurous imagination Billy?

Billy liar perhaps?

No one else has heard it, there's nothing about it on any council websites or social media etc. But I'm sure he can provide us some proof of this 6 week timescale.

7 hours ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Careful marra. I started calling out haven fans ‘disguised’ as town fans and was sent to the wilderness 

2 weeks,jeez a long time must have deserved it.?

6 minutes ago, Egbertnobacon said:

Embarrassed ??  Sounds like the great escape to me particularly if Aussie Colin klweg gets to join the directors as part of a link set up with the Serbs . 

6 minutes ago, Egbertnobacon said:

Embarrassed ??  Sounds like the great escape to me particularly if Aussie Colin klweg gets to join the directors as part of a link set up with the Serbs . 

Oh dear another one.?

MODERATOR:Sorry to have locked up a good topic but has usual there are some that like to gloat over others downfalls,I do not understand why posters come on to the Town forum just to take advantage over someone elses troubles.The Workington town club are going well at the moment and are lucky enough to have found good people to invest in our club,Whitehaven are now having problems but so are a lot of Div1 and the Championship teams,but the forum is not a place for posters gloating or making mischief about any club.Thankyou..MODERATOR..

Archived