Whitehaven Shortfall

Hate the rec

6 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

So whatever is raised in season tickets usually is potentially wiped out for next season so mr Harvey will need to cover that loss of revenues himself? 

Sounds like it but a lot of people are paying the 250 and not accepting the season tickets me included

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Fair do’s and top work. Are you not worried though that you’re paying your hard earned cash over and in effect rewarding bad management? 

Most agree the managment of things has not been anywhere near the standard required but people pay their hard earned cash because we love whitehaven rlfc the board need to give theselves a shake imo

1 hour ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Fair do’s and top work. Are you not worried though that you’re paying your hard earned cash over and in effect rewarding bad management? 

Not ideal pal but no choice to keep club going

2 hours ago, Marrafan said:

You were the one throwing the mud. When you have been called out you hide behind privacy. What comes through the gate at Workington cannot be compared to other clubs.  If you are going to throw mud then you should be able to substantiate it via the medium you are throwing it.  As they say put up or shut up. If you can’t produce any evidence then you are far from being credible. I also notice that you are most animated on this forum when Havens finances are discussed. Don’t take the high ground you never know what’s happening at Town. (Not saying I do)

And you hid behind an email address that didn’t state who you were. If it did then you’d have diacorevered who I was and how I know.

Cant compare Whitehaven’s gate to Workington’s? Is that because they’re in the same league, same area of the country, have a similar ageing fan base or because they have a similar average?????

1 hour ago, notasdaftasilook said:

So whatever is raised in season tickets usually is potentially wiped out for next season so mr Harvey will need to cover that loss of revenues himself? 

I think Mr Harvey may not be the business man he seems to think he is if he can’t grasp that concept.

4 hours ago, Haven 1 said:

Think you will find alot of clubs Town included operate on a predicted budget, alot can change in a season with attendances, injuries directors leaving etc wasnt to long ago Town had a well publicised bail out off some local businessmen. had they not been there to bail you out Town were hours away from non existence  (if the rumours are to be believed). 

what came as a surprise to me was that the cup run cost the club somewhere in the region of 40k which would put a big dent in any champ 1 clubs coffers.

it worries me that there is alot of clubs sailing very close to the wind but as of now there is no players or staff members owed any money at Haven.

As stated at last nights meeting with the ammount of fans that went to the final at Barrow the board belived it was the start of a rise in attendances hence the gamble which obviously hasnt worked. Hopefully with a new consortium of businessmen in place we can keep the club alive and enjoy many more derbys in the years to come and hopefully in the championship for both clubs.

A £40k loss on the cup run, when there is shared gates, subsidised travel and prize money.......really

The more that gets posted on this thread the more that pile of horse s*** gets higher

Barrow were only looking at raising something like £6k for their 3/4 days in Toronto

Something really doesn't stack up with this fantasy  scenario being painted

1 hour ago, GeordieTownie said:

And you hid behind an email address that didn’t state who you were. If it did then you’d have diacorevered who I was and how I know.

Cant compare Whitehaven’s gate to Workington’s? Is that because they’re in the same league, same area of the country, have a similar ageing fan base or because they have a similar average?????

You must have the wrong e-mail pal because mine has my name on. Why e-mail me when you make the allegations on a public forum? Just answer the questions

40 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

A £40k loss on the cup run, when there is shared gates, subsidised travel and prize money.......really

The more that gets posted on this thread the more that pile of horse s*** gets higher

Barrow were only looking at raising something like £6k for their 3/4 days in Toronto

Something really doesn't stack up with this fantasy  scenario being painted

well if you add in the fact that there was over 20k in winning and loosing money cost incurred getting to and from the airport  it starts to add up that without getting into paying tax national insurance club doctors  stewards etc the money recieved off the rl or gate money doesnt even come close does it 

11 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

well if you add in the fact that there was over 20k in winning and loosing money cost incurred getting to and from the airport  it starts to add up that without getting into paying tax national insurance club doctors  stewards etc the money recieved off the rl or gate money doesnt even come close does it 

If you are paying out £20k in winning bonuses for 3 games then that is rank bad management at this level. That’s about £400 per man per game on top of their playing wages and contract money. That’s crazy money for a C1 team.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

11 minutes ago, Derwent said:

If you are paying out £20k in winning bonuses for 3 games then that is rank bad management at this level. That’s about £400 per man per game on top of their playing wages and contract money. That’s crazy money for a C1 team.

i surmise  it will be the same as towns £350 a win mate 

If the loss is £40k on those Challenge Cup games (given that the Catalans game drew 2533), then the losses stated for this season are a whole load higher than is being admitted

(I can't get to £40k of costs never mind what was brought in from the gates and the prize money for each round)

And as Derwent says - the £20k wages on those games is way too high. There is the clubs problem

15 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

If the loss is £40k on those Challenge Cup games (given that the Catalans game drew 2533), then the losses stated for this season are a whole load higher than is being admitted

(I can't get to £40k of costs never mind what was brought in from the gates and the prize money for each round)

And as Derwent says - the £20k wages on those games is way too high. There is the clubs problem

as a say i can only repeat what was said last night and the 350 per man per win is a educated guess based on whats been banded around at both haven and town 19 man squad time by 3 gets you very close to 20k even the supposedly knowledgeable geodie townie had it at 5k per win for the team which still give 15k does it not 

The money gained from the catalan gate was £1800 which wouldnt cover the travel to the airport.

1 hour ago, Marrafan said:

You must have the wrong e-mail pal because mine has my name on. Why e-mail me when you make the allegations on a public forum? Just answer the questions

Well you never sent me your email address to send the proof to although Haven1 did.

1 hour ago, Haven 1 said:

Your maths is as bad as your clubs directors.

15 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Well you never sent me your email address to send the proof to although Haven1 did.

You’re the one putting it in the public domain. Why not reply in the same way you were quick enough to fling mud? You never asked me for an e-mail anyhow.

27 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Your maths is as bad as your clubs directors.

19man squad x £350 x 3 equals what gt £19950 does it not plus the loss money takes it well over 20 k 

As ive said before Town supporters have very short memories 

Archived