Town@Training?

troutmaster

Another great night to see the lads back on the field,Tonight we welcomed the lads from Seaton to Derwent park for a session and field workout.Firstly on the injury front, it was good to see big Gordon back on the ground going through a fitness regime set by Nigel and, to be honest he looked very well indeed.After both sets of lads went through their routines,Our coach Leon got both teams together and explained to them what he wanted them to do,Seaton, who are not a big side, took the ball up to the town lads with some vigour, and certainly showed that they could move the ball around the field,but the town boys were certainly a lot fitter, and faster when they had the ball in hand.I noticed we were a few short today but i think it was due to a few being on holiday.There was a warm welcome back for  Karl olstrum when he emerged from the tunnel, and,lets say a few micky taking comments that i can't repeat on here.Overall,It was a good session tonight especially for the boys from Seaton,who were not a bit overawed with session, and never let themselves down at all.Onwards we now go to York for a tough game over there,but if we can show the same resolve that we showed against Newcastle, i think we can maybe spring a suprise to keep us in the top 6 and hopefully in the play offs at the end of the season..UTT..

8 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Superb as ever. Was any of the Leigh boys in tonight with a few suspensions on there front we might not get as many up.

And was tansey there, just hoping he comes back as that super winning ex nrl guy he was once 

Blagborough was up the only Leigh player think the suspensions have took Ricky Bailey away from us unfortunately 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Just now, Town Army said:

Is there a festival/concert on at DP this weekend?

Yes there is. Another good source of revenue for the club I believe there’s around 1000 people expected to be attending hopefully all very thirsty 

If we signed kyle lovett on loan for a month surely he should still be available for us?

I can totally agree with them calling bailey back to cover for injury and suspension in their backs, the way he was playing he could have been wanted by leigh soon anyway!

Was caine barnes at training or are the rumours of his injury true??

9 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

If we signed kyle lovett on loan for a month surely he should still be available for us?

I can totally agree with them calling bailey back to cover for injury and suspension in their backs, the way he was playing he could have been wanted by leigh soon anyway!

Not sure if Lovett is still injured as he came off during the Newcastle game 

Caine didn’t train believe he picked up an injury training with Wigan 

14 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Bailey is in Leigh's 19 man squad, and looks certain to play (unless we're putting a prop or second rower in the backline!). Assumed Lovett would be available as he's on loan, god only knows where Larne Patrick is. Gregson also in our 19 man squad, but doubt he will make the 17.

16 hours ago, havenhater said:

Superb as ever. Was any of the Leigh boys in tonight with a few suspensions on there front we might not get as many up.

And was tansey there, just hoping he comes back as that super winning ex nrl guy he was once 

Yes,Jack blackburgh.(Sorry if i have spelt his name wrong)..

15 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

No Caine last night,maybe Gilly will have some info on his availability?..

4 hours ago, troutmaster said:

No Tansey,I have heard he has to get fitter?..

Telling a lad to get fitter, yet he’s not training? Seems a little odd to me. Surely training would get him fitter 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

14 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Maybe playing some amateur 

Hopefully or it dosent make a lot of sense to me. I take it Jamie foster hasn’t been training? 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Forrester, Patrick, Singleton, Miller, Hambley, Forber, Doran, Wilkes, Penkywicz, Scholey, Olstrom, Maudling, Blagborough, Moore, Curwan, Dawson, MoiMoi, Newton and Rooke! That’s the 19

2 hours ago, wonky said:

Telling a lad to get fitter, yet he’s not training? Seems a little odd to me. Surely training would get him fitter 

I think he is training at home,but not at DP??.

Archived