Julien Rinaldi to coach Villeneuve

To return from Sydney where he has a gymnasium to home town club Villeneuve sur Lot. Where it all started for him along side Laurent Frayssinous.

USV ruled the roost back in the early 2000s. Olivier Janzac now to return to coach Lezignan where he played previously. Good news.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 minute ago, audois said:

To return from Sydney where he has a gymnasium to home town club Villeneuve sur Lot. Where it all started for him along side Laurent Frayssinous.

USV ruled the roost back in the early 2000s. Olivier Janzac now to return to coach Lezignan where he played previously. Good news.

ive been to 2 games at VSL and never seen Dave Ellis.  What happened there?

He left mid-term and Janzac took over.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

23 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Good to see Laurent and Julien back in the game. Could be a great combination

Sorry. Didn't mean to infer that Laurent Frayssinous was involved - only that he was a half-back with Rinaldi in their playing days. Was thinking even before Rinaldi news broke that Frayssinous would be a good fit as he originates I think from Villeneuve. With all his experience doesn t he need to get back in the game here.

16 minutes ago, audois said:

Sorry. Didn't mean to infer that Laurent Frayssinous was involved - only that he was a half-back with Rinaldi in their playing days. Was thinking even before Rinaldi news broke that Frayssinous would be a good fit as he originates I think from Villeneuve. With all his experience doesn t he need to get back in the game here.

Ah, ok that's a shame. It would be a real statement of intent to have both of them!

I think Laurent will end up in Australia potentially learning the ropes more. I hope he gets another shot and isn't lost to the game. I do feel he was tarnished somewhat unfairly by his reign at Catalan

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Ah, ok that's a shame. It would be a real statement of intent to have both of them!

I think Laurent will end up in Australia potentially learning the ropes more. I hope he gets another shot and isn't lost to the game. I do feel he was tarnished somewhat unfairly by his reign at Catalan

I'm inclined to agree with you, DD.  I suspect that he may not have had too much say on the choice of new players, but that is pure speculation; I just don't know.  I think he has been in the commentary team for matches on FFR13 transmissions, so I suppose not entirely lost.

On 7/17/2018 at 3:00 PM, audois said:

So if OJ is at FCL, what happened to Jamal Fakir ?

Did he get the boot ?

3 hours ago, oiseau said:

So if OJ is at FCL, what happened to Jamal Fakir ?

Did he get the boot ?

Yes - bit of an explanation here - lack of experience as a coach, difficulty adjusting to the constraints of amateur rugby having been a full-time pro for most of his career.

http://treizemondial.fr/alain-fabre-entre-ambition-et-realisme/

10 hours ago, JonM said:

Yes - bit of an explanation here - lack of experience as a coach, difficulty adjusting to the constraints of amateur rugby having been a full-time pro for most of his career.

http://treizemondial.fr/alain-fabre-entre-ambition-et-realisme/

Thanks Jon, I know it' easy to say ater the event but the idea of him coaching at this level was a surprise to me.

OJ will do a good job and I reckon he's happy to take a side with  a bit more talent than Villeneuve.

Archived