8 Sept: Qualifiers: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3.15pm (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toronto Wolfpack
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/18 at 14:00

12 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Wow!...that owner Koukash or whatever he calls himself is sort of nuts like Beaumont from Leigh is.   Someone please tell that guy to keep using the bottles of Grecian Formula on his hair and beard and to quit drinking it.  What a blowhard...he even addresses his comment to the 'People Of Canada'-nutjob.

Relax, TWP is going to make SL, its our destiny.  We like McCrone...he is our Captain and we stand behind our Captains over here.  We like Rowley....he is our Coach and we stand behind our coaches over here.  We like Noble, he is our GM and we stand behind our GM's over here.  Best of all we like Argyle, he is our owner and we stand by our owners over here.

WE WILL GET TO THE PROMISED LAND!  HOW WE GET THERE AND THE EXACT ROUTE IS IN PLAY IS ALL.

So to all of the Naysayers; "Relax Jack."  We will bring our Canadian Lads home and run the rest of the table.  We will make it.  And in the end, after all this Qualifier stuff is done and we are in SL the taste will be sweet.  Just remember that through all of the noise and whistles, all of the cat calls and comments, all of the doom and gloom and predictions of demise....you had better just remember one thing that TWP has never lost its focus on:

"It is the Great White Rhino that we really are hunting (and have been all along)...and we are close now!"

"Hunt With The Pack!"

You drinking the same stuff as Marwan?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Mr Kayak - I dont decry your support for the Wolfpack but having seen them a lot this season courtesy of Premier I do feel you need a completely new squad.    Short of pace throughout shown when the 31 yo Welham outpaced the line to put Jackson over.   A lot of work for you to do to get into SL still I feel.

As for Marwan - he is toast.  No shares - no control.  He is merely a fan and sponsor (yes he sponsored Hastings).   So dont assume Salford fans feel the same way.   Good luck to you & let us have Brierley on loan next season please.

Listen, when a Wolfpack goes on a chase sometimes they bring down the prey and sometimes not...it is the nature of pack life....in the end we will feed....we have a way of making it happen.

Brierley stays put.

1 minute ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Not what I`ve heard if Rowley stays as coach.

Well if he decides to go Lone Wolf let him (that would be his decision), but I don't see him going anywhere at the moment.

I like him as a player, the only thing he needs to do is put on about 10-15 pounds of lean upper body mass.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

We will bring our Canadian Lads home

You were winning me over K'man until that tiny little bit of political spin came into it, I lie it is not a little bit of political spin it is total delusion, but I suppose if you tell yourself something often enough you will eventually believe it.

1 hour ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Mr Kayak - I dont decry your support for the Wolfpack but having seen them a lot this season courtesy of Premier I do feel you need a completely new squad.    Short of pace throughout shown when the 31 yo Welham outpaced the line to put Jackson over.   A lot of work for you to do to get into SL still I feel.

As for Marwan - he is toast.  No shares - no control.  He is merely a fan and sponsor (yes he sponsored Hastings).   So dont assume Salford fans feel the same way.   Good luck to you & let us have Brierley on loan next season please.

If they get into SL Ryan will be surplus to requirement, never a SL player, albeit effective in the championship as long as he does not need to defend.

42 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You were winning me over K'man until that tiny little bit of political spin came into it, I lie it is not a little bit of political spin it is total delusion, but I suppose if you tell yourself something often enough you will eventually believe it.

What do you mean Harry?...its a Canadian team coming back on a Canadian airline to a Canadian city paid for with Canadian dollars...they are even serving Canadian pancakes with Canadian maple syrup on the plane...what more do you want Man?  If you cut them do they not bleed red?

21 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

He will get at least a three game ban. That means he has played his last game for us. But thanks for the memories and keeping us in Super League. I fully expect us to win at least one more game now.

Not the first time English teams need hired Aussie assassins to best the Wolfpack....won't be the last either.

39 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

What do you mean Harry?...its a Canadian team coming back on a Canadian airline to a Canadian city paid for with Canadian dollars...they are even serving Canadian pancakes with Canadian maple syrup on the plane...what more do you want Man?  If you cut them do they not bleed red?

I'm pretty sure they are being paid in pound sterling and not Canadian dollars, with the majority of them calling the UK home (might be in their contracts) unless any of them were looking ahead at march and asking to be paid in Canadian!

1 minute ago, TboneFromTO said:

I'm pretty sure they are being paid in pound sterling and not Canadian dollars, with the majority of them calling the UK home (might be in their contracts) unless any of them were looking ahead at march and asking to be paid in Canadian!

TBone quit trying to derail my argument will ya...I'm arguing with Harry Stottle here (need all the help I can get)...whose side you on anyway you crazy old wolf?

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

TBone quit trying to derail my argument will ya...I'm arguing with Harry Stottle here (need all the help I can get)...whose side you on anyway you crazy old wolf?

Sorry man! Just saying we might run into salary cap issues very suddenly if the exchange rate were to fluxuate in march (as would the French teams if they were paying in Euros!)

They are a Canadian team (since they play in Canada!) 

I mean the dollar is already 10cents stronger to the pound then when the season started

Sorry man! Just saying we might run into salary cap issues very suddenly if the exchange rate were to fluxuate in march (as would the French teams if they were paying in Euros!)

They are a Canadian team (since they play in Canada!) 

I mean the dollar is already 10cents stronger to the pound then when the season started

So are you saying that if the Brexit goes through and the Pound tanks TWP's profits go up?  This is too good!

Just now, Clogiron said:

Ash, the strong stuff eh.

Sorry for the late reply but being catching up on Moto2 & Moto3.

I don't know what those are  but I am now on my second San Pellegrino and am eating a Rio Mare...starting to talk Italian to the family, "Insalatissime!"  I've asked the daughter to start calling me Albino.

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

So are you saying that if the Brexit goes through and the Pound tanks TWP's profits go up?  This is too good!

Yup. That is a legitimate scenerio that could play out, assuming we are paying out in pounds bought from Canadian dollars!

On the flip side if the cost associated with running in Canada (rent payments for example) are calculated as part as salary (like I think the RFL dictates) then we could be in breach of salary cap!

Double edge sword!

Yup. That is a legitimate scenerio that could play out, assuming we are paying out in pounds bought from Canadian dollars!

On the flip side if the cost associated with running in Canada (rent payments for example) are calculated as part as salary (like I think the RFL dictates) then we could be in breach of salary cap!

Double edge sword!

Ticket sales etc. are in Canadian dollars. And don't dismiss (as so many incorrectly have) our fantastic clothing sales (also in Canadian bucks).  So, if the exchange is in our favour, and we are raking in more as our expenses go down, our profits should go up!  How can our operational costs be in the salary cap?...sounds like something out of Star Trek.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Ticket sales etc. are in Canadian dollars. And don't dismiss (as so many incorrectly have) our fantastic clothing sales (also in Canadian bucks).  So, if the exchange is in our favour, and we are raking in more as our expenses go down, our profits should go up!  How can our operational costs be in the salary cap?...sounds like something out of Star Trek.

I remember reading on here that (allegedly) any payment to a player (including housing, car rentals etc) is considered a payment to be included in salary.  This would obviously be if this was only provided by the club (the SUVs the boys got would count as sponsorship)

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I don't know what those are  but I am now on my second San Pellegrino and am eating a Rio Mare...starting to talk Italian to the family, "Insalatissime!"  I've asked the daughter to start calling me Albino.

FYI along with MotoGP it's the 3 main classes of Motorcycle Racing, today was the San Marino GP held at Misano on the Adriatic coast of Italy and each won by a Italian so you should at least be drinking Grappo!

4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

FYI along with MotoGP it's the 3 main classes of Motorcycle Racing, today was the San Marino GP held at Misano on the Adriatic coast of Italy and each won by a Italian so you should at least be drinking Grappo!

Well I was driving on Highway 6 down from Tobermory today and it felt like a Grand Prix.  Except do they also  have wild turkeys crossing the road during the race?

13 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

I remember reading on here that (allegedly) any payment to a player (including housing, car rentals etc) is considered a payment to be included in salary.  This would obviously be if this was only provided by the club (the SUVs the boys got would count as sponsorship)

Don't worry.  Sir Brian Noble will  keep them honest.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Well I was driving on Highway 6 down from Tobermory today and it felt like a Grand Prix.  Except do they also  have wild turkeys crossing the road during the race?

Wild Turkey? I thought that was a drink, don't remember them giving out drinks at the roadside while I was there, how so dam friendly and Canadian. Today one rider, a Italian of course, reached over and pulled on another riders brake on the straight at 130mph, now that's crazy, definitely wild & the action of a Turkey!

Archived