8 Sept: Qualifiers: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3.15pm (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toronto Wolfpack
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/18 at 14:00

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damien said:

I've often defended Koukash and think he has been hard done by by some. However that is totally uncalled for and isn't needed.

Same here; I've defended him against irrational attacks when what he's said and done is defensible or at least within reason. This is not one of those occasions.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

"Hello... is that Alanis?.... Alanis Morissette?....

"Me again! I thought of something else!  Salford's last-minute hire ... his name is Jackson Hastings, you've probably never heard of him, but he's quite well known in rugby league ... well whatever ... anyway in the last minutes of the game, Hastings took out the Toronto player who helped Salford stay up in Super League last time this happened .... Gaz O'Brien ... kicked the winning two points for Salford and they called him a hero, today they kicked him in the head ... don't you think that's just super ironic!"

It's not as easy as we viewers think, Marwan should show players more respect.Its a hard game for meagre rewards considering the hammering the body takes.Although in tonights game i think Salford were quite a bit too good for Toronto but they are unbeaten so far and another 6 points for Salford would have been a fair reflection .

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Marwan + Toronto = unpleasantly abusive ranting. He's going down in the estimation of a lot of neutrals at the moment.

What's it got to do with him, he's not involved with Salford any more IS HE? 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

9 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Looks like Salford/U.K. got a rival for "the Donald".   What a jerk.  And it gets 211"Likes"........JHC!

It looks like Chuffer himself has given it a like and a retweet.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

15 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Was it a red card for Hastings? Radio Manchester seemed to think it was a yellow but didn't sound sure.

Absolutely, low, swinging fist to the head, all day long and possibly him done for the season.Salford will be glad they got their wins on the board early i reckon

2 hours ago, meast said:

Absolutely, low, swinging fist to the head, all day long and possibly him done for the season.Salford will be glad they got their wins on the board early i reckon

No way am I condoning the actions of Hastings, but how you convieve it was "a swinging fist to the head" is not correct, before you jump on your keyboard in derision watch it back, Hastings arm swinging from his first motion it never changed direction, and he was not looking in the direction of his arms momentum, O'Brien actually moved his body downward to the floor, his head obviously followed and was put in the collision path with the swiniging arm, had O'Brien remained upright the resulting contact position would have been around the lower chest area.

If the duty of care is not to perform a tackle in this manner then Hastings is guilty, but you make it sound and percieve it to be a malicious act, to which I fervently disagree with.

44 minutes ago, meast said:

I didn't say it was malicious, i don't think it was but the arm swung out from his body and made contact with the head, it's a red card these days.

But there is intent as in best example Ben Flower, this was unfortunate, as I said if O'Brien stays upright instead of going to the ground it is a good hard tackle, no sending off, no pain for O'Brien, I hope the disciplinary see it the same way, doubt it though, it would have been good to see Hastings and Lui taking on Leeds!

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But there is intent as in best example Ben Flower, this was unfortunate, as I said if O'Brien stays upright instead of going to the ground it is a good hard tackle, no sending off, no pain for O'Brien, I hope the disciplinary see it the same way, doubt it though, it would have been good to see Hastings and Lui taking on Leeds!

Problem hastings will have is that it happened so late in the game he isn’t going to get sending off sufficient and it was a nasty one with an added knee to the head afterwards

Wow!...that owner Koukash or whatever he calls himself is sort of nuts like Beaumont from Leigh is.   Someone please tell that guy to keep using the bottles of Grecian Formula on his hair and beard and to quit drinking it.  What a blowhard...he even addresses his comment to the 'People Of Canada'-nutjob.

Relax, TWP is going to make SL, its our destiny.  We like McCrone...he is our Captain and we stand behind our Captains over here.  We like Rowley....he is our Coach and we stand behind our coaches over here.  We like Noble, he is our GM and we stand behind our GM's over here.  Best of all we like Argyle, he is our owner and we stand by our owners over here.

WE WILL GET TO THE PROMISED LAND!  HOW WE GET THERE AND THE EXACT ROUTE IS IN PLAY IS ALL.

So to all of the Naysayers; "Relax Jack."  We will bring our Canadian Lads home and run the rest of the table.  We will make it.  And in the end, after all this Qualifier stuff is done and we are in SL the taste will be sweet.  Just remember that through all of the noise and whistles, all of the cat calls and comments, all of the doom and gloom and predictions of demise....you had better just remember one thing that TWP has never lost its focus on:

"It is the Great White Rhino that we really are hunting (and have been all along)...and we are close now!"

"Hunt With The Pack!"

1 minute ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Harry is totally correct and Measty way off.  Look at it again Meast - there is no fist at all - its an open hand.

However with Leeds in such a perilous position its an automatic ban isnt it?

Its a ban all day long anyway, as I say had he missed most of the match he may have got away with it

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Wow!...that owner Koukash or whatever he calls himself is sort of nuts like Beaumont from Leigh is.   Someone please tell that guy to keep using the bottles of Grecian Formula on his hair and beard and to quit drinking it.  What a blowhard...he even addresses his comment to the 'People Of Canada'-nutjob.

Relax, TWP is going to make SL, its our destiny.  We like McCrone...he is our Captain and we stand behind our Captains over here.  We like Rowley....he is our Coach and we stand behind our coaches over here.  We like Noble, he is our GM and we stand behind our GM's over here.  Best of all we like Argyle, he is our owner and we stand by our owners over here.

WE WILL GET TO THE PROMISED LAND!  HOW WE GET THERE AND THE EXACT ROUTE IS IN PLAY IS ALL.

So to all of the Naysayers; "Relax Jack."  We will bring our Canadian Lads home and run the rest of the table.  We will make it.  And in the end, after all this Qualifier stuff is done and we are in SL the taste will be sweet.  Just remember that through all of the noise and whistles, all of the cat calls and comments, all of the doom and gloom and predictions of demise....you had better just remember one thing that TWP has never lost its focus on:

"It is the Great White Rhino that we really are hunting (and have been all along)...and we are close now!"

"Hunt With The Pack!"

Mr Kayak - I dont decry your support for the Wolfpack but having seen them a lot this season courtesy of Premier I do feel you need a completely new squad.    Short of pace throughout shown when the 31 yo Welham outpaced the line to put Jackson over.   A lot of work for you to do to get into SL still I feel.

As for Marwan - he is toast.  No shares - no control.  He is merely a fan and sponsor (yes he sponsored Hastings).   So dont assume Salford fans feel the same way.   Good luck to you & let us have Brierley on loan next season please.

Archived