MPG lineup Toronto v London

Fev1983

52 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s fascinating with so many permutations . Toronto could yet fall out if it all together . 

Many anti-expansionists-heartlands-only fans wet dreams could yet come true. Would just delay things by a year wouldn't it and still be ahead of schedule.

19 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Many anti-expansionists-heartlands-only fans wet dreams could yet come true. Would just delay things by a year wouldn't it and still be ahead of schedule.

Yeh it could still be Toulouse and London so good theory 

4 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Because having a fan base of 800 people in a City the size of London is not acceptable therefore building partnerships with Football clubs whose fans can be given a free taster at their clubs home stadium and then a discounted incentive to become regular visitors to Ealing is better than sitting there hoping that a few thousand people suddenly find out about Rugby League and the London Broncos.

That part alone tells me you have absolutely no idea, have you even been to London before or actually looked at an atlas, ever? Greater London spreads pretty much the same as Hull to York, except it takes longer to travel that distance in London. If you think people who live say in Walthamstow would be interested in a non local team 20 miles away then you are off your rocker, 26 miles from Loughton/Romford, all part of your 'London'.

London have moved from place to place many times, they've lost multiple more fans than they currently have because of this, a city such as London has so many differing cultures that have not a huge sporting interest past soccer if any spor at allt, never mind RL (a significant % will not have even heard of it). London has so much on offer for people that a small local club is swamped, it is a mega city that is totally different to anything you chippy northern types can grasp frankly.

To get established and get known/gain moderate support in London will take decades, the London team were on the brink of doing this but because of the RFL and the later owner it went #### up.

Rebuilding from scratch as they have done and be where they are is no small thing, yet people like you are ignorant of even the basic facts regarding catchment area. Pathetic

On 9/24/2018 at 1:39 PM, DavidM said:

It’s fascinating with so many permutations . Toronto could yet fall out if it all together . 

Exactly, that's why I'm hoping for a Salford win over Toulouse on Thursday. That will guarantee at least the MPG for the pack.

17 hours ago, ojx said:

Exactly, that's why I'm hoping for a Salford win over Toulouse on Thursday. That will guarantee at least the MPG for the pack.

Yuppers.

Thursday i will be stuck to the radio stream and sweating about a game were not playing. odd feeling that.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

How would you possibly know what is acceptable, you don't even live in London and it must take you 3 days to travel from Kent ?

It's a bit of a schlep but I go occasionally.

Personally I think it's absolutely tragic that the main London club can only get 600 home fans or so to watch such a good side.

Just now, Monkey Lover said:

You do realise I was joking? According to that other bozo if you do not live in London you are not allowed an opinion on anything to do with London because we do not have a clue what it is like to travel around London.

Not so much interested in that as the corollary of Denton's post which implies 800 is acceptable for the biggest club in London. I think it is desperately poor.

Is it because Broncos choose to play at Trailfinders, which to me is an out-of-the-way provincial rugby union club ground in leafy Middlesex? Or is it because no-one actually cares? If not, why not?

5 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Not so much interested in that as the corollary of Denton's post which implies 800 is acceptable for the biggest club in London. I think it is desperately poor.

Is it because Broncos choose to play at Trailfinders, which to me is an out-of-the-way provincial rugby union club ground in leafy Middlesex? Or is it because no-one actually cares? If not, why not?

Please use quotes to say where I said 800 is an acceptable figure, in fact any figure whatsoever. Stop making stuff up that people haven't said. I gave reasons as to why it has been difficult to rebuild a fan base, again and again and that importantly addressing Monkey Lover banging on about a "city the size of London", when clearly they have no idea what that actually means in terms of catchment area or even geographical size.

Archived