Scratching my head.

ginaldo

as i see it Yates was brought in as an understudy to Dom to further learn his trade and when the opportunity arises he has to grab it with both hands when the time is right .Thats what i think Diskin wouldve told Yates when signing for the Bulldogs.The time is right Dom dropped out of the squad young Yates mustve been thinking " ive got to grab this chance with both hands bring it on" but no Diskin fetches a dr player in instead young Yates must be gutted ..........Rant over

Just playing devil's advocate here, but may I ask, what did Yates show last week, that was so good that he did not deserve to be dropped along with Brambani?

I'm not saying I agree with Diskin's policy of dropping players after one bad match, but, if that is the route he is taking, then he really had no option but to drop both. Neither showed invention or organisational skills, nor did either of them trouble Bradford with a good kicking game. It would be hard to justify just dropping one of them on what we saw last week.

9 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Just playing devil's advocate here, but may I ask, what did Yates show last week, that was so good that he did not deserve to be dropped along with Brambani?

I'm not saying I agree with Diskin's policy of dropping players after one bad match, but, if that is the route he is taking, then he really had no option but to drop both. Neither showed invention or organisational skills, nor did either of them trouble Bradford with a good kicking game. It would be hard to justify just dropping one of them on what we saw last week.

he played him at stand off when hes a scrum half , he hasnt give him a chance at scrum half thats my problem with this

2 minutes ago, ginaldo said:

he played him at stand off when hes a scrum half , he hasnt give him a chance at scrum half thats my problem with this

I agree with you, I think part of the problem is the team has never really had a chance to settle with the constant changes.

But, I also understand his logic. What sort of message would it send to the players who are not selected, if he stuck with the same 17 after poor performances?

If he stuck with a settled side, there would be people complaining about that. It seems to me, to some fans, whatever he does, it will be wrong and a cause for complaint.  

I agree with you, he hasn't played at SH, I would have tried him there before bringing someone else in from outside and maybe creating more disruption.

However, SO and SH are very similar positions in terms of role these days, and he didn't show much last week, to warrant a place in the side today. Do you reckon if he had played at SH last week, he would have been a revelation? Both halfbacks were guilty of throwing some shocking hospital passes to one another last week.

45 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I agree with you, I think part of the problem is the team has never really had a chance to settle with the constant changes.

But, I also understand his logic. What sort of message would it send to the players who are not selected, if he stuck with the same 17 after poor performances?

If he stuck with a settled side, there would be people complaining about that. It seems to me, to some fans, whatever he does, it will be wrong and a cause for complaint.  

he is a terrible terrible coach, you dont drop ur best players after 1 bad performance and keep players that shouldn't be on the field, on the field, that is not good coaching skills what so ever, hes had way too many chances to redeem his bad coaching and does he do it, NO

Trouble is if he gives players the chance and we get beat everyone calls for the player to be dropped, the coach to be sacked and the BOD to resign lol

If the lads are trying and get beat then we get beat. I thought Dom by his standards has been poor and I would have put Yates at 7 and given him a shot with Jouffret. We are likely to get beat by Toronto, but I'd hope we could put a performance in for 65 mins at least

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

21 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Trouble is if he gives players the chance and we get beat everyone calls for the player to be dropped, the coach to be sacked and the BOD to resign lol

If the lads are trying and get beat then we get beat. I thought Dom by his standards has been poor and I would have put Yates at 7 and given him a shot with Jouffret. We are likely to get beat by Toronto, but I'd hope we could put a performance in for 65 mins at least

nobody has asked the BOD to resign they do a fantastic job

It's an old maxim but still true that half backs need a winning pack if they are to thrive. Might this not be where your real problems lie?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's an old maxim but still true that half backs need a winning pack if they are to thrive. Might this not be where your real problems lie?

NO.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I feel that has been the enigma of this season. The pack has been generally solid and as good as anything we have come up against. I haven't come away from many matches thinking any of the pack have had a bad enough game to warrant dropping, maybe with the exception of the Sheffield game.

However, we are stood very flat whilst attacking, none of the forwards have really run off the two half backs to provide options, which has made us look devoid of ideas. Depending on your point of view, that could be the fault of the forwards, or it could lie at the feet of the HB's for not communicating and making sure the forwards are running off them. Either way, it isn't clicking at the moment and needs sorting out. 

We have also been making too many individual errors, and it isn't down to just one or two players, where the coach could leave them out and fix the issue. It has been most of the team making them. It might only be one or two errors each, but when you have half the team making them in a game, you really don't have much chance of winning.

As you can see, most people on here are blaming the coach, but if professional players can't figure this out for themselves after watching the videos, or realise during the match they need to stand deeper, I'm not sure what a coach can do to ensure these basics of the game are carried out by the players?

21 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I feel that has been the enigma of this season. The pack has been generally solid and as good as anything we have come up against. I haven't come away from many matches thinking any of the pack have had a bad enough game to warrant dropping, maybe with the exception of the Sheffield game.

However, we are stood very flat whilst attacking, none of the forwards have really run off the two half backs to provide options, which has made us look devoid of ideas. Depending on your point of view, that could be the fault of the forwards, or it could lie at the feet of the HB's for not communicating and making sure the forwards are running off them. Either way, it isn't clicking at the moment and needs sorting out. 

We have also been making too many individual errors, and it isn't down to just one or two players, where the coach could leave them out and fix the issue. It has been most of the team making them. It might only be one or two errors each, but when you have half the team making them in a game, you really don't have much chance of winning.

As you can see, most people on here are blaming the coach, but if professional players can't figure this out for themselves after watching the videos, or realise during the match they need to stand deeper, I'm not sure what a coach can do to ensure these basics of the game are carried out by the players?

Maybe it's diskin game plan telling the players not to stand deeper. They can only play to what they are told before any game. Maybe thats why there is a lot of frustration on the players faces knowing that his tactics are all wrong and its killing our free flowing rugby and try scoring opportunities. Who knows.

I have to say two things stand out to me as the main reasons 

The half backs really have been poor most matches nothing coming off them at all passes going to floor creating no gaps getting caught with ball in hand and I can see why he’s gone for a change this week 

Another thing that isn’t happening is a quick play of the ball It really has been to slow for Leaky to get the forwards rolling forward this in its self gives the halfbacks time and space 

One look at the team sheet says there’s class in there it’s form that’s lacking but let’s hope we can put a couple of decent shows in the next three games we never expect to win 

One look at the lads after the game last week tells you how their hurting 

There is class in that team it just needs to come soon 

I think BSJ is rihht, the forwards aren't laying the foundation, I don't think they have been as good as some say. None of them except Cropper comes on with any enthusiasm, yet we know he's not going to break through, the rest are shallow and trotting onto the ball, then the knee goes down and any progress comes to a halt. It's not that they're not big enough, both Everett and Dickinson are big men, expected better. This is keeping Leaky off the front foot and he's having to try too hard and find anything that's on.

Archived