28 Apr: SL: Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity KO 3pm

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/04/19 at 14:00

1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Fair enough I'll have another look but the ref's signal at the penalty spot indicates some sort of offside????

Yes I aren't really sure what he is doing there. But on the last pass the crowd shout forward and he immediately signals for the forward pass. Again, it clearly wasn't forward, but that seems to be what happened.

I wasn't at the game so I couldn't tell you if anything else happened in-between the clips that are shown in the highlights. Perhaps just gave the wrong signal? Who knows?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Looked to be exactly that from what I saw, Trin hard done to.

Nah!  It was right in front of us and at least half a yard forard - Backchat cost them the penalty...

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

2 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

Nah!  It was right in front of us and at least half a yard forard - Backchat cost them the penalty...

Only half a yard?  That's more than acceptable at Headingley or Langtree Park. ?.    P.S.  You deserved the win.

3 hours ago, Eleftherios said:

It was hardly a game changer.

Never said it was, just confusing on the day and no clearer with the highlights.  Mainly because of the refs gesture and the fact that the penalty was brought back about 50 metres.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Never said it was, just confusing on the day and no clearer with the highlights.  Mainly because of the refs gesture and the fact that the penalty was brought back about 50 metres.  

I thought the same from the sky highlights.  Would have been easier to work out if we’d seen the full overview.

i listened to it on the radio and they majored on obstruction plays throughout the game.  Plenty of criticism for the Ref throughout.  

20 hours ago, MZH said:

Yes I aren't really sure what he is doing there. But on the last pass the crowd shout forward and he immediately signals for the forward pass. Again, it clearly wasn't forward, but that seems to be what happened.

I wasn't at the game so I couldn't tell you if anything else happened in-between the clips that are shown in the highlights. Perhaps just gave the wrong signal? Who knows?

Probably a good example of how deceptive the viewing angle can be where forward passes are concerned. As Roy says, it looked well forward from the stand but the highlights showed it clearly wasn't. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived