28 Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 3pm

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/04/19 at 14:00

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

38-0 second half, blimey.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

37 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Another Austin magical try. 

That was sublime.   Can’t argue about the entertainment value.    Worth every penny of the marquee salary, whatever that may be.

I do worry though, that if Clark or Austin were injured we’d struggle to mount any decent attack.

13 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

That was sublime.   Can’t argue about the entertainment value.    Worth every penny of the marquee salary, whatever that may be.

I do worry though, that if Clark or Austin were injured we’d struggle to mount any decent attack.

I am more concerned over Patton in defence he was like a turnstyle in the first half, hopefully Kevin Brown will be back in july and Burrell arrives soon .

7 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

hopefully Kevin Brown will be back in july and Burrell arrives soon

Not sure what the latest is on Brown but hopefully no news is good news.

Not too despondent about the centre situation at the moment, wouldn’t drop Goodwin or King and Atkins/Mamo are pretty decent back-up.   I’d rather see Burrell eased in gently at second row from the subs bench.   Maybe he’ll spend the latter part of this season at Rochdale to develop his game.

14 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Not sure what the latest is on Brown but hopefully no news is good news.

We have left his salary cap dispensation alone so I would think you will see him back mid July,  sounds similar to Luke Gale at Cas. 

Highlights up now:

Austin’s ridiculous stepping starts at 1.50

I’ve come to the conclusion that Austin is too much of a consummate professional and needs to start showboating a little after he scores.   He should use Nathan Wood as a consultant.

Well that was fun!

From being 12-0, somewhat harshly I thought to then smash wire for 10 minutes like we did, must have taken a lot out of us, and /or given Warrington a kick up the backside.

It seems strange to say but I do think the scoreline didn't reflect the game, I don't think we were that bad, defensively for some of the tries we were poor, but Warrington seemed to get the run of the green with a lot of decisions and seemed to score everytime they got in our 3rd, but we certainly didn't help ourselves.

On the whole I thought we did alright, considering we ended up with 1 substitute for the last 12 minutes due to 2 head injuries, we had 2 academy lads in the centres, who both acquitted themselves well.

Warrington ran hot, as well as the referee's whistle,  we couldn't get hold of the ball for 20 minutes and the damage was done.

I hope we didn't spoil too many people's quiet afternoon in the North stand, jeez it was like a funeral in there, even after Austin's superb try, it was met by a strange not bothered muted applause thing, then even weirder, when a few of them woke up with 10 minutes to go, they started jumping up giving us the fingers, strange.

Anyway well done to wire, onto wakey

On the cowbell(s) most Warrington fans were very much in favour of them, Wolfie was leading the giants fans in song with one at some point and the young lads who had them were happy to play along with the wire fans in the kings head after, but one sour note, after one of the 12 year olds let one young Warrington fan have a go, this wire fan stole it and shot off, later posting on social media what he'd done, now I'm all for mingling and banter but to steal off a fellow fan, and a child at that is disgusting.

The lad is gutted as he's not had it long and would obviously like it back, so if any wire fans can help get it back?

Screenshot_20190428-233617.thumb.jpg.22188e7dd1c512eea22f7ce8fcd538b1.jpg

52 minutes ago, meast said:

, so if any wire fans can help get it back?

If he’s stupid enough to post a picture on Social Media he won’t get very far.   The club will almost certainly ban him and hand the evidence to the police.

6 hours ago, meast said:

On the cowbell(s) most Warrington fans were very much in favour of them, Wolfie was leading the giants fans in song with one at some point and the young lads who had them were happy to play along with the wire fans in the kings head after, but one sour note, after one of the 12 year olds let one young Warrington fan have a go, this wire fan stole it and shot off, later posting on social media what he'd done, now I'm all for mingling and banter but to steal off a fellow fan, and a child at that is disgusting.

The lad is gutted as he's not had it long and would obviously like it back, so if any wire fans can help get it back?

Screenshot_20190428-233617.thumb.jpg.22188e7dd1c512eea22f7ce8fcd538b1.jpg

Should have left the emoji off and shown his ugly mug. Hope the cowbell is returned to its rightful owner.

On yesterdays game, it was a strange one, Wire looked comfortable the first 20, injuries to left centwr and winger and the Giants took advantage.

I am not usually a ref basher but the ref was totally out of his depth yesterday and agree there was some terrible decisions leading to some of Wire and also Giants tries.

37 minutes ago, Tiger Wolf said:

I am not usually a ref basher but the ref was totally out of his depth yesterday and agree there was some terrible decisions leading to some of Wire and also Giants tries.

In a way at least it was consistent.   I was a bit peed off at half time as Huddersfield got all the calls against the run of play prior to their 3 tries.   In the second half it was a total reverse and we benefitted from most of the dodgy calls.

30 minutes ago, Arthur Crown said:

i call bull the lad who had his pik playing it was a lot older than 12 

No the child who it was taken from was 12 apparently.   I don’t know about the age of the perpetrator, but whether drunk or not it wasn’t cool.

Archived