Pangai Jnr chooses Tonga over NSW

It seems like Pangai Junior has chosen to play for Tonga instead of NSW. It shows what players want to play more of given the chance, that is international Rugby League. What absolutely fantastic news for Tonga and the internetal game:

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/amp/league/news/nrl-news-brisbane-broncos-tevita-pangai-jr-tonga-new-south-wales-nsw-state-of-origin/dide2v4elpwv1qsx7fpixl2mi

22 hours ago, Damien said:

It seems like Pangai Junior has chosen to play for Tonga instead of NSW. It shows what players want to play more of given the chance, that is international Rugby League. What absolutely fantastic news for Tonga and the internetal game:

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/amp/league/news/nrl-news-brisbane-broncos-tevita-pangai-jr-tonga-new-south-wales-nsw-state-of-origin/dide2v4elpwv1qsx7fpixl2mi

Silly sausage. He can play in the WC next yr for Tonga and play for NSW this can't he? Being an Origin player would help him and Tonga surely? You jealous idiots on here saying he shouldn't play Origin.

2 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

Silly sausage. He can play in the WC next yr for Tonga and play for NSW this can't he? Being an Origin player would help him and Tonga surely? You jealous idiots on here saying he shouldn't play Origin.

Your post doesn't even make sense, in what way is anyone jealous? He has chose to play for his country instead of a State team and should be applauded for that. International Rugby League is, and should be, the pinnacle of the game.

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Your post doesn't even make sense, in what way is anyone jealous? He has chose to play for his country instead of a State team and should be applauded for that. International Rugby League is, and should be, the pinnacle of the game.

The fact is, at the moment Origin is the pinnacle of the sport, because IMO, NSW and QLD would beat England, well they certainly have more skill in total than England. My post does make sense, i read it in League Express most weeks, the jealously of Aussie RL comes through quite clearly in the paper.

If Pangai Jr can play both Origin and in the WC, he should IMO.

30 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

The fact is, at the moment Origin is the pinnacle of the sport, because IMO, NSW and QLD would beat England, well they certainly have more skill in total than England. My post does make sense, i read it in League Express most weeks, the jealously of Aussie RL comes through quite clearly in the paper.

Don't talk nonsense.

1 minute ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

Which part is nonsense?

All of it, its just what we have come to expect from your trolling posts. I If it was the pinnacle the players wouldn't be choosing international Rugby League over Origin. The cream that Australia had to offer only beat England 6 - 0 and have only got weaker since. Again in what way are people jealous in the context of this thread? As usual you are just trying to get a reaction.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

All of it, its just what we have come to expect from your trolling posts. I If it was the pinnacle the players wouldn't be choosing international Rugby League over Origin. The cream that Australia had to offer only beat England 6 - 0 and have only got weaker since. Again in what way are people jealous in the context of this thread? As usual you are just trying to get a reaction.

Rubbish, i just say the truth as i see it, go round every sports fan and ask them what he pinnacle of RL is, i'm 99% sure the majority will say Origin. In the WC Final, only played in front of 30k, we/Kangaroos weren't at our best, couple of things didn't go our way. And did you see us put Tonga away last yr? 7 tries to 3.

4 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

Rubbish, i just say the truth as i see it, go round every sports fan and ask them what he pinnacle of RL is, i'm 99% sure the majority will say Origin. In the WC Final, only played in front of 30k, we/Kangaroos weren't at our best, couple of things didn't go our way. And did you see us put Tonga away last yr? 7 tries to 3.

Most sports fans outside Australasia haven't even heard of Origin.

1 hour ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

If a player had to choose whether to play for Yorkshire or Australia, would you be arguing the same that he can just play for Oz in the WC every 4 years and bin them off the rest of the time?

2 hours ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

You put Tonga away when you had a great warm-up match against the Kiwis the week before and the Tongan players went in completely stone cold with little time to prepare. Even still Tonga put up a decent game.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

If a player had to choose whether to play for Yorkshire or Australia, would you be arguing the same that he can just play for Oz in the WC every 4 years and bin them off the rest of the time?

Can you play for NSW and Tonga within weeks of each other? I'm under the impression that you can. 

1 minute ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

Can you play for NSW and Tonga within weeks of each other? I'm under the impression that you can. 

Tonga are playing New Zealand in the Oceania cup on the rep weekend that also includes origin 2, so no as it stands you can't do both.

13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Tonga are playing New Zealand in the Oceania cup on the rep weekend that also includes origin 2, so no as it stands you can't do both.

Playing on an Origin weekend, silly. Need to play less club matches in order to have more internationals at the end of the year. 

Archived