Dogs v fax predictions

Katdog

7 hours ago, Bulldog Days said:

The players could not have given a better tribute to Beverley Nicholas, who sadly lost her brave fight today against cancer. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Kevin.

This is very sad news. My condolences to Kevin and Beverley’s family and friends. 

2 hours ago, ernieone said:

Would be good to hear comments from Ainley Top and The Blues Ox on their thoughts of the game. 

As has been mentioned one team showed a great attitude and the other didn't. No real surprise to see the team with the better attitude win the game. On Fax ive seen a lot of poor performances coming down the hill in recent years but that was easily the most abject Ive seen. A total lesson for anyone showing how not to play that hill with a massive wind at their back and to be fair we hardly looked like scoring so to go in at 6 a piece we were somehow still in the game.

The 2nd half probably went the way I expected it really with Brambani pinning us back constantly and our forwards struggling badly up the hill. I get what the Batley fans are saying about teams expecting to beat them but realistically any team that wants to finish in the top 5 will have an away game at Batley marked as one they should be winning although most will expect a tough game which is what we got.

I thought the ref was poor missing that Batley knock on on their line and not a clue how he gave Batley a penalty after Butler was taken out in the air, that said we are clutching at straws as those things going in our favour would still have only given us a chance in the game that we didn't deserve. The amount of changes we made beforehand would not have helped us as our attack was all over the place but theres no excuse because the players on the pitch were more than capable of winning that game but it seems turned up with the wrong attitude.

Well, we come on here every week and moan and complain about what is after all just a game, yet there are bigger things in life; so sorry for Kev and family in their loss and a loss to us all really, as she and him were part of the larger Batley family. God bless, let's take Kev under our wing as much as he attempts to keep us all under his.

Batley were well deserved winners. They were well up for it and beat Fax on all aspects of the game. From a Fax point of view I can only hope that we had one eye on the cup game next week as since Grix took over we've been a lot better than that. Just slightly surprised that no one on here has mentioned the knock on decision, not that it would have made any difference to the result. Up The Fax ❗?

I hope you caught the bus ok.

Which one was that, that touchie who was on the Batley right side seemed to have a lot of participation in the game, mindst you it's nice to see that rather than them just airing the flag now and again.

32 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I hope you caught the bus ok.

Which one was that, that touchie who was on the Batley right side seemed to have a lot of participation in the game, mindst you it's nice to see that rather than them just airing the flag now and again.

2nd half on't Batley line, ref stood no more than 2 yards away. ? Got a taxi ? £2.70.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

As has been mentioned one team showed a great attitude and the other didn't. No real surprise to see the team with the better attitude win the game. On Fax ive seen a lot of poor performances coming down the hill in recent years but that was easily the most abject Ive seen. A total lesson for anyone showing how not to play that hill with a massive wind at their back and to be fair we hardly looked like scoring so to go in at 6 a piece we were somehow still in the game.

The 2nd half probably went the way I expected it really with Brambani pinning us back constantly and our forwards struggling badly up the hill. I get what the Batley fans are saying about teams expecting to beat them but realistically any team that wants to finish in the top 5 will have an away game at Batley marked as one they should be winning although most will expect a tough game which is what we got.

I thought the ref was poor missing that Batley knock on on their line and not a clue how he gave Batley a penalty after Butler was taken out in the air, that said we are clutching at straws as those things going in our favour would still have only given us a chance in the game that we didn't deserve. The amount of changes we made beforehand would not have helped us as our attack was all over the place but theres no excuse because the players on the pitch were more than capable of winning that game but it seems turned up with the wrong attitude.

Spot on✔❗

Also if you didn't know it but Beverley Nicholas Kevin's wife died yesterday morning, so that also gave the lads more grit and determination to put a great shift in for Kevin.

I miss all the good uns blame lure of Whitby and scarbados! Learnt of sad news whilst away and kev will need time to heal and adjust. Bevs daughter cant be older than 25 poor thing and although cancer is indiscriminate and treatable over time things can deteriorate very quickly.

Thoughts and prayers to Nicholas family r.i.p bev

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

5 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

Batley were well deserved winners. They were well up for it and beat Fax on all aspects of the game. From a Fax point of view I can only hope that we had one eye on the cup game next week as since Grix took over we've been a lot better than that. Just slightly surprised that no one on here has mentioned the knock on decision, not that it would have made any difference to the result. Up The Fax ❗?

I was in 9oyl at bottom corner and saw Tomlinson knock it on from over 100m away. But think the referee signalled for offside?? . On the intervention of the touchie.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

6 hours ago, RogerT said:

Also if you didn't know it but Beverley Nicholas Kevin's wife died yesterday morning, so that also gave the lads more grit and determination to put a great shift in for Kevin.

I wasn't aware of that. Sad news for Kevin and his family so condolences to him. One of rugby leagues good uns.

2 hours ago, colinb said:

I was in 9oyl at bottom corner and saw Tomlinson knock it on from over 100m away. But think the referee signalled for offside?? . On the intervention of the touchie.

Yeah play kept on going to the next tackle before the touchy intervened which either way right or wrong on the offside the ref totally missed the knock on as he would have gave it there and then.

26 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah play kept on going to the next tackle before the touchy intervened which either way right or wrong on the offside the ref totally missed the knock on as he would have gave it there and then.

Correct. Also, when did you last see a linesman flag for an offside? ??

Thanks for your input to the forum always good to hear supporters views on the matches.

As far as the lines people are concerned I think rather than flagging every time  for offside I think this is communicated through the ear pieces with advice from the touch judges but the final decision being the referees.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

19 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

Agree totally as to me nowadays they don't need a flag as you say I can't remember the last time I saw one waved. Oh I do though ,when we had a flagpole at top a t'long stand to tell us darn t'hill game wer on.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

3 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

Linesmen are a total waste of money.  Brambani kicks upfield on the last, he  gets taken out well after the kick was executed right in front of the touch judge , and totally ignored it. They were instances from both teams that the ref never blew for,  but that's the way it goes in every match. But when your a fan of the losing side and obvious calls don't go your way it is a case of, if the ref had seen that knock on would we have scored from it , it happens in almost all close games. Nobody will ever know.  It was a great close  game of rugby league by 2 good sides . Good luck for your game against the bulls. 

Archived