Total Rugby League Fans Forum
John Drake

20-21 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

3 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

You lost to a better team coached by a better coach, get over it and move on.

I accept you conceding you have nothing to add to a discussion on concussion, you may step out of the room

It’s the second hit that can kill. One of the juniors at my amateur club died many yrs ago from concussion. 

If the doc thinks he has a primary concussion symptom, he’s concussed, no assessment necessary, doesn’t get back on the pitch. Technically doesn’t need an interchange. 

If he has secondary concussion symptoms, then he gets an assessment, passes that, the interchange can be reversed. 

It all comes down to concussion symptoms and what the doc assessed him as and communicating that to the match commissioner 

28 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

That was my point mate. Obviously not well made.  A photograph of a man with a bleeding nose is irrelevant. Concussion is dizziness, memory loss, blurred vision, nausea etc. I’m not entirely sure how a photograph proves he was dizzy. Although lots of people on here think that photograph is some sort of trump card. It’s completely irrelevant. The doc makes that call. 

And he made the call, which has been questioned by people with no knowledge of the situation, even worse the doctors professional integrity has been questioned by a head coach in public, which is disgusting and I hope he gets punished for it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dkw said:

And he made the call, which has been questioned by people with no knowledge of the situation, even worse the doctors professional integrity has been questioned by a head coach in public, which is disgusting and I hope he gets punished for it. 

But this was my earlier point.  Mick Gledhill knows that anything can come out of a coaches mouth directly after the game when adrenaline is still pumping.  Remember the Jimmy Lowes episode where he did similar?

Kear really should know better.

13 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Aye, he only got out of hospital this morning so there's a chance he might miss Barrow away. Thankfully he has two weeks to recover.

This was what the doctor was first greeted with. A HIA in this situation is not that shocking. I'm not sure what Bradford fans think we would gain by bringing off a centre with 100+ SL games to his name and playing a hooker at centre for the last five minutes instead.

The timekeeper was independent and selected by the RFL.

67548934_333193874252279_4834095698645352448_n.jpg

Strawberry laces, performance enhancing. FACT.

The conspiracy to keep Fev out of the play offs is widespread across other Championship games now.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Strawberry laces, performance enhancing. FACT.

The conspiracy to keep Fev out of the play offs is widespread across other Championship games now.

John Kear will be stood on the touch lines making sure of it.

CHAMPIONS 2005

On 22/07/2019 at 08:28, gavin7094 said:

And the touch judge.  He says he 'doesn't know if the Bradford player' s foot was in touch in goal or not' when they had a try disallowed. No, John, you don't know, especially from where you were standing. That's why we have touch judges who are close to the play and can make better decisions. From where I was sitting, I saw it immediately, as did the TJ. 

I assume you're talking about the Ethan Ryan 'try' ? He definitely put his foot in touch in goal. I was pretty close in the stand above and I groaned inwardly when he put his foot on the line and was quietly praying that the touchie hadn't spotted it, but of course he did!. It was a great game and, clearly could have gone either way - just what RL is all about, in fact.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

If he'd cut his knee , it's probably not concussion , a bleeding nose would suggest some form of contact with the head , possible concussion , how hard can it be ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bulliac said:

I assume you're talking about the Ethan Ryan 'try' ? He definitely put his foot in touch in goal. I was pretty close in the stand above and I groaned inwardly when he put his foot on the line and was quietly praying that the touchie hadn't spotted it, but of course he did!. It was a great game and, clearly could have gone either way - just what RL is all about, in fact.

If the touchie hadn't seen it, and let's face it they don't see much, would Kear have said, "it's not a try, Ryan put his foot in touch" ?

Would he bo££ocks.

A great game, Kear has tried to take the gloss off another Bradford defeat.

8 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

If the touchie hadn't seen it, and let's face it they don't see much, would Kear have said, "it's not a try, Ryan put his foot in touch" ?

Would he bo££ocks.

Its everyones fault the Bulls got beat but his, time to retire John boy.

• Like 1

Just now, HaxbyKnight said:

Would he bo££ocks.

I don't recollect mentioning Kear in my post, to be honest so I'm not really sure why you mention that in your reply, and I'm also not sure how you "take the gloss off a defeat" either. Kear was on the touchline in front of the dug-out I was in the stand he was not in any position to see that incident.

It was great game; it could have gone either way and was a credit to both clubs, the Championship and to RL, though I'm sure both sides would wish they had done certain things differently. 

Edited by Bulliac

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/