Baseball biff

Proper brawl. It's a good job that the pitcher missed with his first haymaker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/baseball/49175917

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 hours ago, tim2 said:

Proper brawl. It's a good job that the pitcher missed with his first haymaker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/baseball/49175917

reminds me of that time I worked behind the bar at fryston club on ladies night apart from the girls were "landing" the punches

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I've been to a baseball game.  New York Yankees v Los Angles Giants (?)  Nothing like this happened.  In fact nothing seemed to happen at all for three hours.  Then someone hit a home run and it was suddenly all over.  All I remember is someone called "a-rod" (?) was playing for the Yankees. Anyway it's not as good as cricket ?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

27 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So what actually happened to upset him?

They're division rivals - so they'll play each other 19 times in a year - and there's been some festering nonsense between them. He was about to be taken out of the game - in a game he was losing - and the opposing bench were giving him some verbals. Normally, you just walk away because, frankly, baseball fights are embarrassing. This time he chose not to.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

They're division rivals - so they'll play each other 19 times in a year - and there's been some festering nonsense between them. He was about to be taken out of the game - in a game he was losing - and the opposing bench were giving him some verbals. Normally, you just walk away because, frankly, baseball fights are embarrassing. This time he chose not to.

A few ' loops ' there then ? , Seems strange getting so wound up over a game of rounders 

Archived