Leigh Centurions

The Lad

It's going to be a hard game, with recent opponents putting a minimum of 40 points past us I feel they will do that and then some. All we can ask is for a good performance and hope we get what we deserve out of the game.

My prediction a loss 12-60.

18-50 loss but we did outscore them 18-10 over the last 50mins of the game.  Will clutch at any encouraging straws that can give the team/faithful fans hope to see out the remaining games with more confidence and an 80 minute performance. Trust we had a good crowd?

Had to turn it off at half time, having said that, thankfully the second half seemed to be much better.

Marriot again did well in a struggling team first half. What a great player he can turn out to be. Sorry to say his front row partner can’t back that up, gleeson looked tired after 2-3 minutes and was embarrassing in defence, I’m not quite sure he’s cut out for this level in my opinion.

Hopefully we can push on from what looked a decent second half! 

Credit for lifting your heads, after conceding 40 points in the first half hour. I think complacency set in with Leigh, and you saw an opportunity and took it, to then give (at least) as good as you got. Credit also to Ainscough for a brilliant try, just before the end.

Game of two halves.

First half we were terrible, lacked any shape in defence leaking 40 points is inexcusable and 16 points in 10 minutes. However the limited ball we had didn't stop us from looking good in their half.

Second half we were ten times better, in attack and defence. One of the best things to see was how agressive we were in defence for the first time in a long time. We scored some good tries and Shauns will be try of the year. And out scored them. Overall a munched improved performance and hopefully we can do the same over the last three.

2 hours ago, Packer Spout said:

Tony and the boys took 50 odd people brilliant to see ex players back in the fold some serious legends boom dinga ding 

Their presents alone means nothing, what they're here for will determine if it's brilliant or not.

5 hours ago, The Lad said:

Their presents alone means nothing, what they're here for will determine if it's brilliant or not.

Spoilsport....... It was great to see our legends of the past, sadly one or two not in the best of health, Tony Pratt deserves enormous credit for his role in the Past Players association, at the moment we only have nostalgia to cheer us up. Well done Tony.

10 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

at the moment we only have nostalgia to cheer us up

One of the greatest things ever for the dark days all the best for the future.

I hate relegation and don'y understand why it has so many fans, won't go into detail on this, you've enough on your plate for now.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Spoilsport....... It was great to see our legends of the past, sadly one or two not in the best of health, Tony Pratt deserves enormous credit for his role in the Past Players association, at the moment we only have nostalgia to cheer us up. Well done Tony.

I'm all for seeing old players. I suppose it will give a boost to some of the fans and I'll be the first to admit some of them have done good things, I only wish their love for the club would have been shown when Alan Kilshaw or Carl Forster was here as I don't recall them making the trip. I have to wonder why now?. 

1 hour ago, Athleticgrounds said:

There has been a past players association for 20 years plus and many of them have attended Hornets games throughout that period whoever the coach was.

I know that but it does seem that they have ramped up their involvement, I'm all for it if its for a good thing. 

7 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Tony Pratt was my favourite player when he played for Swinton and I was a youngster...………...

Archived