Halifax

mickhornet

Hard to be positive I suppose. What does worry me is how many times have we been niled under Matt? I appreciate the competition won’t be anywhere near as hard next season but surely we won’t have any of our top end players either. Can’t wait for the season to be over ?

A disappointing score, not helped by 3 sin-binnings of 2 Hornets players and our frustrating, continuous habits of shipping a trio (or more) of tries in rapid succession and unforced errors.  Both defence and attack seem woeful, especially for this level.  I believe Fax had 6 tries disallowed too?  Thankfully, only one game to endure of this dreadful season and I hope the local faithful who do attend will be rewarded with a huge effort against Bradford - I believe they cannot make the play-offs.

Then the clear out/restructuring of our team to meet the new challenge of League 1 - it will not be easy, but it should be more competitive than this season.  A separate new topic for the cold months ahead?

We were terrible yesterday, didn't look there equal at any point. Our attack was non-existent and our defence was so easily breached. Three yellow cards Zac Baker got two, one for a late tackle and one for a high tackle which I believe was a case of mistaken identity by the ref, and one for Brandon Wood for mouthing off.

Halifax didn't even have to try at times, just like the toulouse game and the dewsbury game all we were was a slightly more  challenging training day and maybe that's to generous.

Nobody played paticuly well but what did catch my eye was Brandon Wood, constantly moaning and complaining with very little effort it seams he has one eye on Swinton sorry Manchester before the season is even over. 

7 hours ago, The Lad said:

Nobody played paticuly well but what did catch my eye was Brandon Wood, constantly moaning and complaining with very little effort it seams he has one eye on Swinton sorry Manchester before the season is even over. 

... and who can blame him eh? 

Hornets played poor. Probably the worst I've seen them play in a while. Ball never gets passed out wide, so the centres and wingers never get a shot. Defense is shocking. Makes you wonder what these lads are actually doing at training. 

It's only a matter of time before players start making their announcements they are leaving. Pay as you play next year?? Why would they choose to stay! 

Archived