York awards

Stirlin

Pleased as punch Fordy and the team took the top awards last night , a ' fan' in our local rag has said the 3000 plus attendance at our playoff game against Fev was pathetic , 700 was our top crowd 3 yrs ago and that Ford had taken us as far as we can go and should move on. Been a very tough year , losing Ash Robson and Benny Cockayne to season ending injury took some sting out of our attack , no DR this season but the loans did well especially Will Oakes on the wing. We need a bigger squad for 2020 and I think our Chairman will do the business. IF we are in the top end of Champ next season I will be happy. The likes of Haven , any team from 3 , Yeds , Donny or Thunder coming up will look at what we have done and strive to do the same .

It’s getting to the stage where York have to bite the bullet  and buy a few.  The difference is the strength in depth.  They don’t have a lot and to finish where they have done is testament to the Coach and teamwork of their players.

For visiting fans, it’s just a great city to be in.

40 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

as long as they don't over stretch themselves and damage what great progress has been made. Certainly a great city to visit when aligned with a rugby game.

We have Hilton Hotels as a sponser for next season CL so you may be able to strike a good deal.......bring SWMBO for a shopping trip ? , serious head on , our Chairman has only a small budget and will not over stretch the club.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

It’s getting to the stage where York have to bite the bullet  and buy a few.  The difference is the strength in depth.  They don’t have a lot and to finish where they have done is testament to the Coach and teamwork of their players.

Definitely a great city, go quite often

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

It’s only their first season in the championship, better to build slowly than spend a load of money and risk the club’s future if it doesn’t work out. Look at Widnes. 

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

It’s only their first season in the championship, better to build slowly than spend a load of money and risk the club’s future if it doesn’t work out. Look at Widnes. 

I doubt they want to sit back and consolidate.  Ford would leave if that was the decision imo.

i see no reason to slow down.

14 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I doubt they want to sit back and consolidate.  Ford would leave if that was the decision imo.

Jon Flatman (Chairman) has a 3 year sustainability plan for the Championship which included 2019. He was very open with 2 meetings at the training ground pre and mid season as to the targets and how he wants to develop the club and was recently on BBC radio York explaining how the progress for amateur, women, University and schools rugby league in York is developing which he is keen to do. York are the only professional Rugby League side in North Yorkshire and with it being the biggest county by land area in England there are lots of areas to target to build the base from. The new stadium will be central to that and the young kids/students also key if York is to progress in years to come. As a club we have had an excellent season however I only see this as the very start of a long slog we may step backwards in terms of league position before we push on but bigger sponsors are interested in the prospect that is there. York Hilton next year who knows to follow

15 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Other than they’ll only want to spend what they have, and probably realise that spending everything you have on the first team isn’t always the best thing to do in the long run. 

Archived