England/GB Internationals in 2020

Was wondering who we’re playing next year so had a google. I found that we were due to play in a home based Four Nations with France, PNG and Fiji but the same article had an update and said this was replaced by a GB Tour. 

I can’t find anything concrete, which is not surprising nor new to Rugby League, so I was just wondering what the plans are. 

15 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Was wondering who we’re playing next year so had a google. I found that we were due to play in a home based Four Nations with France, PNG and Fiji but the same article had an update and said this was replaced by a GB Tour. 

I can’t find anything concrete, which is not surprising nor new to Rugby League, so I was just wondering what the plans are. 

See Four Nations 2020 thread 

England v Australia 3 match test series is currently scheduled, but nothing is organised re venues and dates yet, this should be changed to a Four Nations tournament 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

See Four Nations 2020 thread 

England v Australia 3 match test series is currently scheduled, but nothing is organised re venues and dates yet, this should be changed to a Four Nations tournament 

How do you know venue contracts aren't signed off?

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Any mention of any other games? France, for example. 

He said there will be some midweek games possibly France. It does sound like they want a club game for nostalgia. I think a better midweek game would be England Knights at Headingley. At least it would be a good warm up and a selection trial for fringe players.

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

He said there will be some midweek games possibly France. It does sound like they want a club game for nostalgia. I think a better midweek game would be England Knights at Headingley. At least it would be a good warm up and a selection trial for fringe players.

Great. Sounds good. Should be announced already and tickets on sale but no doubt we’ll hear of this in June next year. 

31 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I'm sure I read an article on Total RL recently where Sinfield said venues for the Australian test series next year will be announced this month? Can't find it for the life of me though!

The rumour is it'll be Newcastle,spurs & the etihad

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If they were why wouldn’t we be selling tickets already 

We should be hosting a Four Nations tournament, but if we have to have a 3 match test series I would like, Elland Road, Wembley and City of Manchester Stadium 

Setting up ticketing, pricing and deals is down the line from signing venue contract/dates for games.  Good choices BTW but I think we will use a 60k London stadium like Olympic Park or Spurs/Arsenal if I'm honest.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Setting up ticketing, pricing and deals is down the line from signing venue contract/dates for games.  Good choices BTW but I think we will use a 60k London stadium like Olympic Park or Spurs/Arsenal if I'm honest.

The Olympic Stadium is the worst stadium of around 60k in London. The Emirates and Spurs’ new grounds are miles ahead of that place. 

I hope we use the Emirates. We’ve got the double header in 2021 for the WC Semi-Finals there, so I think we should go there as a bit of a trial run. 

Archived