New era to commence....

glemiln

Last night’s vote to transfer ownership to a new consortium led by Andy Mazey was passed unanimously.

Apparently, formalities will be concluded by early January.

Meantime, let’s look forward to the squad announcements as quickly as possible and pull together harmoniously for the start of a successful new era.

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/53593/hornets-supporters-unanimously-back-ownership-change

The view from the other side of the world is that there seems to be lots of positive press about the take over and the mood on social media is very exciting. Obviously they're not a very scientific method but it's great news for the club to have some stability, not to mention a few quid coming in to strengthen the squad. 

Plus the new kits are outstanding too!! 

Up the nets. 

3 hours ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

Love the new kits, still worried about this being a vanity project though. 

Its documented that there were zero votes against the takeover - on the basis that you have been clear on here (albeit under an apparent comedy sketch) that you oppose the move, that suggests your not a member or there would have been at least your vote registered against the notion

Which begs the question, if your motivation is the club and your apparent deep concern, why are you not a member? 

Move on - no room for negativity under false names 

Good move for the club.  Also the signing of Penky, even at 37 he can do a job at that level.  I am looking forward to a couple of games next season with what will be some good new people attending.  I just hope some of the people on the original short-lived board and then realigned short lived board can be used for the benefit of the club. 

18 hours ago, Gavinr said:

Its documented that there were zero votes against the takeover - on the basis that you have been clear on here (albeit under an apparent comedy sketch) that you oppose the move, that suggests your not a member or there would have been at least your vote registered against the notion

Which begs the question, if your motivation is the club and your apparent deep concern, why are you not a member? 

Move on - no room for negativity under false names 

Hang on one minute Gavinr I have not said it is a bad thing, what I have said that it should be a good thing if the powers that be are playing with a straight bat. All that I am saying is I am withholding judgement for a season or two. 

As for the comedy sketch insult, I am glad you find my life so funny. I am sure Mary will be pleased that you are laughing at our predicaments.

Harold.  

• 2 weeks later...

Don`t know if the circumstances were exactly the same,but I remember in the early sixties when Arthur Walker arrived at Hornets,taking over as chairman,having fallen out with Oldham,where he held a similar position for years. Like now,Hornets were in a state of the doldrums,always in the bottom four or five every year,but his arrival sparked the start of a tremendous decade. He was instrumental in bringing in the Fijian boys,Hornets made the final of the Lancashire Cup,the final of the Floodlit Cup,Malcolm Price made the 1967 Great Britain side for the first test against Australia and several other top players arrived. Arguably the best years for Hornets since the second world war,it would be foolish to think we could go that far again,but who knows,a new broom sweeps clean and things can only get better.

Archived