But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

1 hour ago, Stan Doffarf said:

This would explain Michael Gove.

Michael Howard. John Redwood. Dominic Raab. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

Ever looked into the dead eyes of a Job Centre worker, and wondered why the only thing you see is yourself?

Not been in a job centre since 1986 , I'll take your word for it ?

Just watched a re-repeat of the Normans on BBC4, & it keeps reminding me of where I live was instrumental in the formation of our nation. I also am very aware that my name is an Anglo-Saxon variation of a Viking word meaning Horse Course (Racing). So there is horses in my name, and in the course of my family research, as far back as 1811, the earliest census, I can go, Grooms, Ostlers, & Saddlers are on there. I am of Viking origin (very watered down) living in Norman territory. NOW LETS SEE WHO I CAN ANNOY!? DILLIGAF?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

You're hallucinating again 

Its not necessarily that I'm hallucinating again, more that I am still hallucinating. You see, cos I am constantly hallucinating that is my reality, so when I in fact stop hallucinating, that is itself like a hallucinatory state for me...

Oh look, that Pug over there is flipping me off! 

On 07/01/2020 at 09:49, GUBRATS said:

Not been in a job centre since 1986 , I'll take your word for it ?

Only time I have ever visited a Job Centre was between August and October 2006.  What an absolute shock it was.

In August 2005 I got a promotion at Wakefield MDC and mentioned at the interview that my family had started the emigration process.  In May 2006 my boss asked how close were we to emigrating because they needed to reduce the team from 4 people to 3. So if we were still looking to emigrate they would offer me voluntary redundancy worth just over 1 years salary tax free. ??

By coincidence we got confirmation of our Permanent Residency Visas’ a couple of weeks previously and had already booked our flight to Adelaide for mid October.  So I left Wakefield MDC on VR on 1 August 2006.

After a week at home someone told me I could claim benefits.  I was staggered when I phoned the local Job Centre and they said ‘yes you qualify’ even though I told them of my windfall and that I was emigrating in October.

So every 2 weeks I would pop in to see them, show them some job adverts cut out of the local paper; tell them I was still emigrating and received payment from them.  Crazy!!!!

They even sent me for a job interview at the Royal Mail on the outskirts of Leeds for seasonal work over Christmas.  There were 20 of us for 10 positions so I deliberately came last in the aptitude tests so I did not stop someone else getting a job.

Some of you may think of me of playing the system and you would be spot on.  I had worked for 26 years since the age of 16 and never received a penny of benefits.  It was payback time and showed the absolute stupidity of a system that allowed me to do so.

Archived