Jump to content

SL international streaming platform


manu266

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to post something about this.

There was nothing pathetic about it last year. IT worked perfectly well for 100 pounds a year for folk based outside UK/Australia, etc.

Ive emailed them a few times to ask about a renewal for 2020, but was told by the support services a couple of weeks ago I would have to wait for the previous season to finish before renewing. When I pointed out the season had finished last October I heard no more from them.

I fear the worst. It really can't be expensive to run at all, so that's just saying 'no thank you' to good money.

For RL ex-pats in non-SKY-TV-RL-agreement-countries there is no other (legal) way to watch SL.

Ho hum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/01/2020 at 06:30, marklaspalmas said:

I was going to post something about this.

There was nothing pathetic about it last year. IT worked perfectly well for 100 pounds a year for folk based outside UK/Australia, etc.

Ive emailed them a few times to ask about a renewal for 2020, but was told by the support services a couple of weeks ago I would have to wait for the previous season to finish before renewing. When I pointed out the season had finished last October I heard no more from them.

I fear the worst. It really can't be expensive to run at all, so that's just saying 'no thank you' to good money.

For RL ex-pats in non-SKY-TV-RL-agreement-countries there is no other (legal) way to watch SL.

Ho hum.

That response is so pathetic that it is hard to believe that you didn't make it up. The RFL must be hiring people who have recently been fired by the Royal Mail for monumental incompetence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I‘d guess it is alive as you can subscribe to a package.

I still find it odd that there is no proper app for tv’s and tv boxes in place. WatchNRL app is a perfect blueprint how it‘d be done. They could also think about a subscription section in the ourleague app. 

No app is poor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

That response is so pathetic that it is hard to believe that you didn't make it up. The RFL must be hiring people who have recently been fired by the Royal Mail for monumental incompetence.

It was lame. It came from superleaguesupport@streamamg.com so I suppose that is not the RFL directly but the company who organises/d it all. Fills me with zero confidence though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anybody know if super league will be shown on watch nrl? The games are shown I know, but are blocked in countries with a super league tv contract,  now there's no TV games being transmitted in France will they now be available and not scrambled? Maybe the same for the US? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

It was lame. It came from superleaguesupport@streamamg.com so I suppose that is not the RFL directly but the company who organises/d it all. Fills me with zero confidence though.

Ah! that explains a lot. streamamg was hired in 2018 to stream the-team-that-shall-not-be-named games internationally and it was eine grosse katastrophe. They kicked them out end of 2018, why does the RFL/SL/Sky keep them??? 

59 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Does anybody know if super league will be shown on watch nrl? The games are shown I know, but are blocked in countries with a super league tv contract,  now there's no TV games being transmitted in France will they now be available and not scrambled? Maybe the same for the US? 

SL games are blocked internationally on watchNRL, I have tried from several countries, some with SL contracts (FR-CAN-UK), some without (BEL-NL), same results. Until now the only international platform for SL is live.rugby-league.com and it would make sense to unblock France if no one else shows the games there.

Or Sky can also use the EU law, at least for one last season before official Brexit in 21, and broadcast directly to France and the rest of the continent, or they could hire Fox Australia to add the SL coverage to watchNRL, but they won't do that of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Right. It appears I can renew my sub.

So, who's doing it?

For me it's great value, but if it's not going to work or drop off, that's 100 quid up the spout.....

Still hesitating. With no guarantee on Wolfpack and Catalans games, I'm not sure I want to spend £100. If I subscribe to SL, I won't take the full year watchNRL package, I will only take the last 1 or 2 months of NRL.

But for the last 2 seasons I paid AUD189 per year for NRL, now I see that it costs EUR149 per year, 28 per month. Have the prices increased that much or was it always that expensive in the EUR zone?

What's the price in GBP for NRL?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, manu266 said:

Still hesitating. With no guarantee on Wolfpack and Catalans games, I'm not sure I want to spend £100. If I subscribe to SL, I won't take the full year watchNRL package, I will only take the last 1 or 2 months of NRL.

But for the last 2 seasons I paid AUD189 per year for NRL, now I see that it costs EUR149 per year, 28 per month. Have the prices increased that much or was it always that expensive in the EUR zone?

What's the price in GBP for NRL?

 

Dunno. 149 euros here.

TBH I don't do the NRL as I like a game live and have never got into the habit of catching up later. Makes the NRL hard for me with games on in the mornings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok this thing is alive, the 4 Sky games of the opening weekend are on the board.

image.thumb.png.c5940abcd7af1e2079cf407e318644c9.png

 

I also received the list of geoblocked countries.

New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, France, China, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Algeria, Egypt, Hong Kong, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Jpana, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Macao, Mauritania, New Zealand, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Taiwan, Yemen

With no TV deal in France I don't understand the geoblocking there.

Will not subscribe at this time, will watch at the pub, hope TWP launch their own service with extended highlights, weekly show and full game replay.

Will continue with watchNRL full year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, manu266 said:

Ok this thing is alive, the 4 Sky games of the opening weekend are on the board.

image.thumb.png.c5940abcd7af1e2079cf407e318644c9.png

 

I also received the list of geoblocked countries.

New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, France, China, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Algeria, Egypt, Hong Kong, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Jpana, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Macao, Mauritania, New Zealand, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Taiwan, Yemen

With no TV deal in France I don't understand the geoblocking there.

Will not subscribe at this time, will watch at the pub, hope TWP launch their own service with extended highlights, weekly show and full game replay.

Will continue with watchNRL full year.

#### it I'm in.

Where do you live if you can watch every SL game live down the pub?

I feel sorry for the people of Jpana. Why are they geo-blocked?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Where do you live if you can watch every SL game live down the pub?

Belgium, a lot of pubs with Sky TV here, but a particular one never misses a RL game.

54 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I feel sorry for the people of Jpana. Why are they geo-blocked?

I feel sorry that streamamg cannot spell their country name.

Other than classic RL countries the list is basically countries covered by OSN (North Africa and Middle East) and Setanta Asia, but I don't think Setanta covers Japan. Nor does it cover Korea. Another beauty of geoblocking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

Im debating whether to dabble. Inwill 100% gey watchNRL again so may struggle to find the time.

If it was high quality and through apple tv etc id be in. Shame

The streaming is high quality. It's the SKY feed on about a 10 second delay. I had no issues throughout 2019 with the service. Run it through my smartTV. Our broadband isnt the world's fastest either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, marklaspalmas said:

The streaming is high quality. It's the SKY feed on about a 10 second delay. I had no issues throughout 2019 with the service. Run it through my smartTV. Our broadband isnt the world's fastest either.

Can you watch the games at any time or is it just the 'live' showing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

Can you watch the games at any time or is it just the 'live' showing?

Good question. I don't think I ever tried that. Like I said, if I don't catch it live, I won't bother after. The most recent files certainly stayed there to access, so Im guessing you could play them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...