White Hart Lane

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

You sound slightly bitter about this stadium for some reason?

This is the polar opposite to my experience when I went there for the NFL last year - also in corporate hospitality. It made similar experiences i'd had at Wembley and The Principality pale in comparison. Also, you make it sound like the RFL were forced to use this stadium - the RFL picked it and would have done so knowing the stadium charge in advance, they then dictate pricing structure to make money out of the game. There really aren't better venues in London that would be more suitable. 

You’re right I did sound a bit bitter. I don’t particularly like the club and it’s owners, and I don’t like the incredible capitalist arms race in stadium development that this is part of when considered in the context of the climate emergency in particular. It’s completely unsustainable. But it is an incredible stadium nevertheless, with the best views of any football ground in the world, and an almost cathedral like quality to many of its spaces. And it’ll act as a catalyst for further investment into that area of London.

I took clients to the NFL and at £450 per head it was terrible value in our view - awful service at the restaurants in particular, and much less fun than about 8 wonderful meals plus cinema/theatre combos we could have bought at the price. That being said plenty others seemed happy enough at the NFL, mostly sending selfies of themselves to their mates, which is something I guess warrants the price tag to some people. 

It is an extraordinary venue as I mentioned above, absolutely, but it’ll also come at a large cost to the RFL and us fans, and I’m just not sure it’s worth it. 

Personally I prefer the London Stadium and Emirates, and think we could have got a great deal at the former in particular. Both are a lot more permeable than the Tottenham stadium, and with 40-50k people inside the old Olympic Stadium for an ashes test they’d be rocking. 

Still in terms of brand and something new I see some value in the RFL choosing Tottenham. And just maybe Daniel Levy is so pushed to pay back the investors the £1bn for the stadium we might have got a good deal. And as I said, I’ll be there having a great time regardless. 

2 hours ago, Mushy said:

You’re right I did sound a bit bitter. I don’t particularly like the club and it’s owners, and I don’t like the incredible capitalist arms race in stadium development that this is part of when considered in the context of the climate emergency in particular. It’s completely unsustainable. But it is an incredible stadium nevertheless, with the best views of any football ground in the world, and an almost cathedral like quality to many of its spaces. And it’ll act as a catalyst for further investment into that area of London.

I took clients to the NFL and at £450 per head it was terrible value in our view - awful service at the restaurants in particular, and much less fun than about 8 wonderful meals plus cinema/theatre combos we could have bought at the price. That being said plenty others seemed happy enough at the NFL, mostly sending selfies of themselves to their mates, which is something I guess warrants the price tag to some people. 

It is an extraordinary venue as I mentioned above, absolutely, but it’ll also come at a large cost to the RFL and us fans, and I’m just not sure it’s worth it. 

Personally I prefer the London Stadium and Emirates, and think we could have got a great deal at the former in particular. Both are a lot more permeable than the Tottenham stadium, and with 40-50k people inside the old Olympic Stadium for an ashes test they’d be rocking. 

Still in terms of brand and something new I see some value in the RFL choosing Tottenham. And just maybe Daniel Levy is so pushed to pay back the investors the £1bn for the stadium we might have got a good deal. And as I said, I’ll be there having a great time regardless. 

I know a few people who've been and you are the first who has had anything negative to say. And I know some right miserable beggars.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 25/02/2020 at 06:18, HawkMan said:

I've been on the stadium tour, amazing place, the tour is a bit football centric, but that's ok.  Here is what to expect. 

Crazy that, in a football club's football stadium.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Crazy that, in a football club's football stadium.

I meant that for RL fans going on the tour be ready to hear all about Spurs throughout the tour. It was fun though.

The highlight at the end was sitting in the seat the Spurs manager sits to give press briefings and get your picture taken. When it's developed you get the Spurs manager superimposed seated next to you. A nice memento. 

Archived