Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pulga

Central American RL social media

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help push Central American rugby league's social media accounts. Obviously it helps the cause of each nation to have a greater reach and to attract sponsors. We're also using it as a measuring stick against the social media of Central American Union.

 

Central America has a very real possibility of TGG being the major code of rugby in a short space of time with a little nurturing.

 

We have just started a Youtube Channel for "How to" videos in Spanish so new players can get into the game. 

 

Confederación Centroamericana de Rugby League Facebook Page

Confederación Centroamericana de Rugby League YouTube Channel

 

Facebook Pages:

Belize Facebook Page

Guatemala Facebook Page

El Salvador Facebook Page

Honduras Facebook Page

Nicaragua Facebook Page

Costa Rica Facebook Page

Panama Facebook Page

 

Instagram Accounts:

Belize Instagram

El Salvador Instagram

Honduras Instagram

Nicaragua Instagram

Panama Instagram

 

Twitter Accounts:

Belize Twitter

El Salvador Twitter

Honduras Twitter

Nicaragua Twitter

Costa Rica Twitter

 

As you can see, not all Seven Central American countries have all 3 of the top social media platforms running at the moment but we are working on it.

I can tell you that out of the possible 21 accounts (7 nations X 3 accounts), the rugby league account has a better following on Seven. Only 14 to go! The total follower count is 26,347 to RU and 10,002 to RL at last count. The growth of the RL accounts has been double that of the RU accounts since I've rolled up my sleeves though.

 

Let's do it!

Edited by Pulga
Added Belize.
  • Like 8

new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing this Pulga. 
 

Just being nosey here, what is your involvement in this and what are playing numbers like in those countries? Do you really think RL can get established in Central America? Good luck with it anyway! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Thanks for sharing this Pulga. 
 

Just being nosey here, what is your involvement in this and what are playing numbers like in those countries? Do you really think RL can get established in Central America? Good luck with it anyway! 

Not nosey at all mate. I could talk about it for hours.

I am the founder of the El Salvador and Nicaragua RL so far. There have been some interesting contacts on the ground very recently in Honduras and Costa Rica too. 

There are a small number of players in El Salvador which has been halted because of COVID-19. 

Nicaragua is a bit more active. They completed their first domestic competition last year with 4 teams in 3 cities. 

I believe Honduras could come to the dark side in a big way and match Nicaragua but time will tell. 

I really do think RL could get established in Central America. It is a fairly unique set of countries that have some huge benefits and also some challenges. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pulga said:

Not nosey at all mate. I could talk about it for hours.

I am the founder of the El Salvador and Nicaragua RL so far. There have been some interesting contacts on the ground very recently in Honduras and Costa Rica too. 

There are a small number of players in El Salvador which has been halted because of COVID-19. 

Nicaragua is a bit more active. They completed their first domestic competition last year with 4 teams in 3 cities. 

I believe Honduras could come to the dark side in a big way and match Nicaragua but time will tell. 

I really do think RL could get established in Central America. It is a fairly unique set of countries that have some huge benefits and also some challenges. 

Sounds exciting! Do you live in Central America then? 
 

Also have you got any juniors or women playing as well as the men’s teams? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sounds exciting! Do you live in Central America then? 
 

Also have you got any juniors or women playing as well as the men’s teams? 

No. I was planning on going over for an extended stay in January but COVID-19 has ruined that.

I married into a Salvadoran family and my brother-in-law played his whole life which sparked the idea.

We have plans for both juniors and women's in Nicaragua but nothing just yet. Hopefully something this year virus willing. 

  • Thanks 1

new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on the Central America social media accounts:

More than 12,000 followers across all platforms and Eight RL accounts are beating out their RU counterpart out of a possible 21. 13 to go!

Edit: actually Nine out of 21!

Edited by Pulga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pulga said:

Update on the Central America social media accounts:

More than 12,000 followers across all platforms and Eight RL accounts are beating out their RU counterpart out of a possible 21. 13 to go!

Que es muy beuno Pulga.Todas el  muy mejor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, frank said:

Que es muy beuno Pulga.Todas el  muy mejor.

Beautiful Spanish mate.


new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, langpark said:

The youtube videos in Spanish is a great idea too! Well done on all fronts mate! 

Thanks mate. I agree. Hopefully we can get them doing more and more of those.


new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pulga said:

Thanks mate. I agree. Hopefully we can get them doing more and more of those.

Have you had any luck setting up a site where you can accept one off donations (eg from people on this forum), rather than monthly regular payments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/08/2020 at 16:23, langpark said:

The youtube videos in Spanish is a great idea too! Well done on all fronts mate! 

One of the videos is titled "Play the ball". I don`t speak Spanish but I noticed in the description the words "importante", and "correctamente". For those who follow such matters, no further comment is needed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/08/2020 at 14:30, Eddie said:

Have you had any luck setting up a site where you can accept one off donations (eg from people on this forum), rather than monthly regular payments?

If it bothers you, just sign up on Patreon and cancel when you reckon you've paid enough $4s.


"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Griff said:

If it bothers you, just sign up on Patreon and cancel when you reckon you've paid enough $4s.

Not the point Scotchy lad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not the point Scotchy lad. 

Scotchy ?

Always amuses me when someone thinks they've spotted someone with two accounts.😂


"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Griff said:

Scotchy ?

Always amuses me when someone thinks they've spotted someone with two accounts.😂

Rumbled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pulga said:

Just updated to include Belize.

When did Belize appear?  Do they have any teams yet?

Population just 400k according to wiki, not the easiest of tasks I would say, good luck to those involved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Eddie said:

Not the point Scotchy lad. 

We are working on something for you Eddie.


new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, langpark said:

When did Belize appear?  Do they have any teams yet?

Population just 400k according to wiki, not the easiest of tasks I would say, good luck to those involved!

We've been in talks with a group for a while. We're trying to help them via correspondence because of COVID.

It is a small nation. It does have the benefit of being English speaking though and a Commonwealth Country.

  • Like 2

new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today Honduras partook in their very first rugby league training session in La Esperanza, Intibucá.

 

 


new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news Pulga, please keep up the good work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pulga said:

Today Honduras partook in their very first rugby league training session in La Esperanza, Intibucá.

 

 

I like to throw in obscure music references for a bit of colour. Anything I don`t understand in Spanish brings to mind the Wall of Voodoo track "Mexican Radio" and the line "no comprende - it`s a riddle".

The blokes here aren`t lifting the ball before playing it, just leaving it on the ground. Which indicates they`re more familiar with Union. In developing countries you will often see little problems like this, and it makes you wonder about the quality of the translations of the RL rulebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I like to throw in obscure music references for a bit of colour. Anything I don`t understand in Spanish brings to mind the Wall of Voodoo track "Mexican Radio" and the line "no comprende - it`s a riddle".

The blokes here aren`t lifting the ball before playing it, just leaving it on the ground. Which indicates they`re more familiar with Union. In developing countries you will often see little problems like this, and it makes you wonder about the quality of the translations of the RL rulebook.

What translations?

As far as I know there are none in any language bar maybe French (and even then I'm not sure).


new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...