Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
coolie

Will we start?? If not what's plan B?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, coolie said:

A refund

Hurts the club

A donation 

Hurts the fan

Not one fan including me self doesn't want to hurt the club, last thing anybody wants to do, we support the club financially, spending money over the bar, buying merchandise, squad builder, buying season tickets, that's why there there should have been a third option where fans donated a percentage and the club gave a discount against a season ticket next season, we've had 2 games that's all, even if the discount had been 50% of the season ticket price, the club would have ended up with £70 for nothing which isnt a bad return over 300+ season ticket holders, 

Plus giving a credit ensures people will buy another season ticket also giving them the piece of mind "well if covis19 starts again and rugby is cancelled I won't be out of pocket supporting the club in advance and buying a season ticket" 

These are unpresidented times where the rule book gets ripped up, the clubs had it hard, the fans have had it hard, the game has had it hard.. We've all had it hard together. 

Yes I know any refunds hurts our funding next year, and no one wants to hurt the club so let's get that straight from the beginning. 

I just think "give a little bit, take a little bit" would have been a better option to encourage season ticket sales for the future. 

And if you still think I'm talking b.o.l.l.o.c.k.s after this post

 

I'll shut up and comment no further on this subject. 

As will I, except to point out that the club hasn't offered or suggested any options at all, simply canvassed the opinions of the ST holders. Hence nothing has been excluded, nor included.

If we play another 8/9/10 games then maybe the topic will be less important.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Club is really "in limbo" until there is a decision made regarding the rest of the season..... If, indeed, there is anything else to look forward to .............. I bought my season ticket for the Rams and also for Yorkshire Cricket --I think everyone would agree that Yorkshire Cricket is a far bigger concern but they, like the Rams, have not made any suggestions or offers to Season Ticket holders yet....... I would guess because they are in a similar position, although it could be argued that the Govt's latest stance regarding spectators in stadiums makes it more clear cut & dried for the Cricket than it does for RL at Championship & below level. 

I think we need to give the Club time to formulate any offers, once the decision is made (this week, I believe??) as to whether or not there will be any further action this year.......... An October re-start might yet be an option.  

Personally, I hope that the 2020 season is 'null & void' and the clubs can start to plan ahead for 2021 and, hopefully, beyond.

Whatever the eventuality, it's clear to all (and especially MS, I would assume) that the clubs will need Fans' support more than ever ...and, as such, I don't see MS doing anything that doesn't show his knowledge and/or respect for that fact..... and, I would imagine there will be options for Season Ticket holders to consider in due course.  

Take care all .............. we're not out of this yet 😷  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Therein73 said:

I think the Club is really "in limbo" until there is a decision made regarding the rest of the season..... If, indeed, there is anything else to look forward to .............. I bought my season ticket for the Rams and also for Yorkshire Cricket --I think everyone would agree that Yorkshire Cricket is a far bigger concern but they, like the Rams, have not made any suggestions or offers to Season Ticket holders yet....... I would guess because they are in a similar position, although it could be argued that the Govt's latest stance regarding spectators in stadiums makes it more clear cut & dried for the Cricket than it does for RL at Championship & below level. 

I think we need to give the Club time to formulate any offers, once the decision is made (this week, I believe??) as to whether or not there will be any further action this year.......... An October re-start might yet be an option.  

Personally, I hope that the 2020 season is 'null & void' and the clubs can start to plan ahead for 2021 and, hopefully, beyond.

Whatever the eventuality, it's clear to all (and especially MS, I would assume) that the clubs will need Fans' support more than ever ...and, as such, I don't see MS doing anything that doesn't show his knowledge and/or respect for that fact..... and, I would imagine there will be options for Season Ticket holders to consider in due course.  

Take care all .............. we're not out of this yet 😷  

Well put.

It could be that the Toronto announcement has set the cat among the pigeons as far as a Championship restart is concerned, however.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the club will be in a better position to decide what could/should be done about this year’s Season Tickets after this week’s announcement by the RFL. Perhaps then we fans also may be in a better position to discuss this matter further?

  • Like 1

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well tonight's news of the season been nill and void makes decisions far clearer and clean cut, no restart, volantry cup competition, and see what happens in 2021

Extremely tough for clubs now and what happens about

Contracts

Season tickets

Player sponsorship 

Kicking tee sponsorship 

Shirt sponsorship 

New shirts

Merchandise in the shop

Volenteers working at the ground 

Bye heck.. Some poor bug.ger is gonna have one hell of an headache sorting all this mess out.. 

Well done China hope you choke on the next bat you eat!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Bit awkward for the RFL if all 25 clubs decide they want to participate. 

Apparently a significant number don't want to and the RFL are hoping for 16 or more. I can't imagine Toulouse wanting to, for example, and some of the C1 clubs had recruited players who were also students in their areas, so might have difficulties assembling a squad. Of course, we don't yet know if we intend to participate but I do expect that we will.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2020 at 12:11, Blind side johnny said:

Apparently a significant number don't want to and the RFL are hoping for 16 or more. I can't imagine Toulouse wanting to, for example, and some of the C1 clubs had recruited players who were also students in their areas, so might have difficulties assembling a squad. Of course, we don't yet know if we intend to participate but I do expect that we will.

My sources at the kremlin tell me that we will almost certainly put out a team in this competition.  Hope that helps BSJ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NickD said:

My sources at the kremlin tell me that we will almost certainly put out a team in this competition.  Hope that helps BSJ?

Spaseebah.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Spaseebah.

ne upominay ob etom...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking a little further into this we will be restricted to a specific capacity, which will mean ticket-only entry. I suspect that this will also include a requirement for ST holders to indicate their intention to attend any specific game.

I am speculating, of course, but gleaning information from other sports that are planning to permit spectators before too long this looks like the kind of measure that may have to be put into place.

At least we will know that the attendance figures are accurate. 😉

 

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to journalists on Twitter there is a virtual meeting taking place today between the non-SL clubs and the RFL on this very subject.

There is also a very informative and thoughtful comment piece by Kevin Nicholas on the Batley website:

https://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/2020/07/23/club-update-following-recent-developments/

 


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

According to journalists on Twitter there is a virtual meeting taking place today between the non-SL clubs and the RFL on this very subject.

There is also a very informative and thoughtful comment piece by Kevin Nicholas on the Batley website:

https://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/2020/07/23/club-update-following-recent-developments/

 

Thanks BSJ. That is very interesting and very useful.  It also shows how  good Batley are when it comes to raising funds and fan liaison.  Mr Nicholas is second to none in this regard IMHO.

Lets hope the picture of the "bar" area is historical 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

According to journalists on Twitter there is a virtual meeting taking place today between the non-SL clubs and the RFL on this very subject.

There is also a very informative and thoughtful comment piece by Kevin Nicholas on the Batley website:

https://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/2020/07/23/club-update-following-recent-developments/

 

I like what Kevin Nicholas has written in his piece. It tells their supporters clearly what is happening and it seems he has put a positive slant on things. 
 

In LE this week it reads as though, come October, clubs may be able to have supporters up to one third of ground capacity, so we should be okay as we are running at 22%. Unfortunately for Bradford, they may have problems as theirs is 70%!


Legs, Dews, Legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first club who have decided not to participate: https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/674/statement-from-the-board-of-directors-at-rochdale-hornets

Who will be in and who will be out?


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The first club who have decided not to participate: https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/674/statement-from-the-board-of-directors-at-rochdale-hornets

Who will be in and who will be out?

First of many?? 

Think the format has to be revealed so clubs can then decide if its in their best interests to come back with no certaintys of starting again next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, coolie said:

First of many?? 

Think the format has to be revealed so clubs can then decide if its in their best interests to come back with no certaintys of starting again next season. 

A reasonable suggestion except that the format cannot be decided upon until the RFL know how many clubs will be taking part. If you see my post from Friday there was a meeting taking place then between all the non-SL clubs and the RFL to outline the ideas, so the clubs should have a better insight into the plans following that. This would, no doubt, have contribiuted to Rochdale's decision.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I assume there must be a deadline for saying whether you are entering or not? 

Indeed, and I assume that the clubs know what it is. We, on the other hand, have to wait. 😉

 


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheffield withdrawn today

 

 

Don't think they'll be missed

Play behind closed doors most weeks

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...